Arrested while driving son to school - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

State Police charged a woman with drunken driving and assaulting a police officer after they stopped her for allegedly driving erratically while taking her 8-year-old son to school in Gardner, according to ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Maurice Ronaldo - Mo Ron

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 7, 2008
 
Wow!
PARENT OF 3

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 7, 2008
 
What a way to start the school day, and what an excellent example to set for her young son. As for the lawyer who's going to get her off, what a fine human being you must be.

With parenting like this you are ensured continued income as her son follows in her footsteps!!
Daisy

Norwood, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 7, 2008
 
Oh yeah the testing was not calibrated right but this is second offense. The poor child.
Mom

Farmington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 7, 2008
 
Call an officer to the scene to take the kid to school! Come on!! I seriously hope this kid got some counseling in school! So now this kid can spend the day in school wondering what mommy is doing after just seeing her kicking a police officer and being cuffed and stuffed into a police car! Just wonderful........
Mom 2

Littleton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 7, 2008
 
Mom wrote:
Call an officer to the scene to take the kid to school! Come on!! I seriously hope this kid got some counseling in school! So now this kid can spend the day in school wondering what mommy is doing after just seeing her kicking a police officer and being cuffed and stuffed into a police car! Just wonderful........
Doubt it would be the first time the kid saw his mother this way. If she is drunk at this hour of the morning, she is probably drunk most of the time.
Maurice Ronaldo - Mo Ron

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 7, 2008
 
Mom wrote:
Call an officer to the scene to take the kid to school! Come on!! I seriously hope this kid got some counseling in school! So now this kid can spend the day in school wondering what mommy is doing after just seeing her kicking a police officer and being cuffed and stuffed into a police car! Just wonderful........
Yeah, dontcha think that just maybe they should have called DSS?
Reggie

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 7, 2008
 
...."she is a good person who would never put her child in danger".

How can her lawyer sleep at night!At least she lost custody of her son until "the matter is settled".("settled " will probably mean a slap on the wrist,a suspended sentence and probation). That poor boy was sitting in a booster seat, giving him a perfect view of the road ahead of them, with the mother weaving over into the next lane and into the opposite lane, driving like a drunken maniac down Route 2. I imagine he will need some serious counselling.

I hope they took her license away, although lack of a license doesnt seem to stop these repeat offenders from getting behind the wheel.
cousin ralph

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 7, 2008
 
Hey, MO RON. Consider the source. This is only a high school drop out and GED newspaper, not the Police report.
slc

Marlborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 7, 2008
 
"Castonguay told DeMarco she drank some wine the night before and had taken two Klonopins, a muscle relaxant, that morning"

How stupid does she think this cop is? What a loser!
Counsellor

Sterling, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 7, 2008
 
Reggie wrote:
....
How can her lawyer sleep at night!
Time out! The American legal system is an adversial system. It is not the only model, but it is our system. The way it works is the lawyer for one side makes his/her best argument on the facts and the law, and the lawyer on the otherside makes his/her best argument on the facts and the law. Then, having heard both sides, the judge or the jury makes a decision.

First of all, from a newspaper account (particular one in this paper where they can't even get the two drunk-driver stories indexed right!), we don't have all the facts. But even assuming we did, the lawyer is absolutely supposed to raise the points he did. He should sleep very well knowing he did his job, but reading between the lines of the story, he won't, because it sounds like a friend is in serious trouble.

Since: Jul 08

Ashburnham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 7, 2008
 
You are all forgetting that she admitted to taking TWO Klonopin pills, and that she also had the bottle *in her possession* in the car. A former neighbor of ours was "under the influence" of having voluntarily increased her dose (read: overdosed) on this medication when she totalled the family p/u truck, with a teenager in the front seat, on Christmas Eve Day, 2005. The sky was blue, temperature mild, not an ounce of precip on the ground or in the air. They suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries. The two-truck driver couldn't believe anyone survived the accident when he saw what was left of the truck.

Per WebMD: This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy; use caution engaging in activities requiring alertness such as driving or using machinery. Avoid alcoholic beverages.

If this woman took two pills with a glass of wine, she is abusing the medication and needs rehab ASAP. I only hope that her son has other family members that can surround him with the love and support he so desperately needs.
Reggie

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 7, 2008
 
Counsellor wrote:
<quoted text>
Time out! The American legal system is an adversial system. It is not the only model, but it is our system. The way it works is the lawyer for one side makes his/her best argument on the facts and the law, and the lawyer on the otherside makes his/her best argument on the facts and the law. Then, having heard both sides, the judge or the jury makes a decision.
First of all, from a newspaper account (particular one in this paper where they can't even get the two drunk-driver stories indexed right!), we don't have all the facts. But even assuming we did, the lawyer is absolutely supposed to raise the points he did. He should sleep very well knowing he did his job, but reading between the lines of the story, he won't, because it sounds like a friend is in serious trouble.
I know that it was the lawyers job to defend his client.My beef was with his untruthful statement that...."she is a good person who would never put her child in danger".Clearly a lie - her "alleged" drunken driving and "allegedly" driving under the influence of Klonopin and "2 glasses of wine from the night before" from Orange to Gardner on Rt 2 in commuter traffic was clearly putting her child in grave danger.Would the lawyer still feel free to make that statement to the judge that the child was in no danger if it were HIS child in the booster seat?First and foremost that child needs protection from his mother
Counsellor

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 7, 2008
 
Reggie wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that it was the lawyers job to defend his client.My beef was with his untruthful statement that...."she is a good person who would never put her child in danger".Clearly a lie - her "alleged" drunken driving and "allegedly" driving under the influence of Klonopin and "2 glasses of wine from the night before" from Orange to Gardner on Rt 2 in commuter traffic was clearly putting her child in grave danger.Would the lawyer still feel free to make that statement to the judge that the child was in no danger if it were HIS child in the booster seat?First and foremost that child needs protection from his mother
Based on the information in the article, you may be 100% right, but it is still her lawyer's job to say this is a basically a good person who screwed up. It is for the commonwealth, or DSS, to take your part and say that the child needs protection. And then it is the judge's job to decide who is right.
The moment her lawyer stands up and says, your honor, my client was drunk, and you need to take that child away, the adversary system has failed.

Don't get me wrong. I totally get your position, and thats part of the reason I am not a criminal defense lawyer. But some one has to get up there and say it, or our system fails.
Counsellor

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 7, 2008
 
Wow, I did not actually type anything that merited those ****!
Reggie

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 7, 2008
 
Counsellor wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the information in the article, you may be 100% right, but it is still her lawyer's job to say this is a basically a good person who **** up. It is for the commonwealth, or DSS, to take your part and say that the child needs protection. And then it is the judge's job to decide who is right.
The moment her lawyer stands up and says, your honor, my client was drunk, and you need to take that child away, the adversary system has failed.
Don't get me wrong. I totally get your position, and thats part of the reason I am not a criminal defense lawyer. But some one has to get up there and say it, or our system fails.
Thanks for the info/insight into the legal defense end of the law.I guess we can only hope the system works in this case.

Since: Sep 07

Lowell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 7, 2008
 
Uhm...Mum, can you drive my friends to the Museum of Science for our field trip?? How insane is this woman??? Does she not have one brain cell in her head?
jtn

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 7, 2008
 
I don't drive drunk, my daughter is safe
Clemenza

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 7, 2008
 
jtn wrote:
I don't drive drunk, my daughter is safe
I think you've been drunk when you composed some of you "comments' for this site. We will send an officer over with a breathalizer prior to each comment.
Clemenza

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 7, 2008
 
Sorry about that double click
Rick

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 7, 2008
 
jtn wrote:
I don't drive drunk, my daughter is safe
I don't believe a word you say. I would be willing to bet you are an idiot. Whether or not you are a drug using idiot or a drunk idiot, you have proven that you don't have good judgement or sense.

Actually, I hope you have NO children you can have any influence over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Orange Discussions

Search the Orange Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 21 hr Kundrot dionkie 1,145
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Jul 8 Kundrot dionkie 4,690
'Missing Persons' leader backs off Townsend case (Dec '09) Apr '14 Confused 61
Family of Warriors Apr '14 Jtn 6
Dead Beat Dad's Apr '14 Joe Stimpy 1
Program allows students to see college as a pos... Mar '14 Lynch 1
Emily Messer Mar '14 Concerned Friend 1
•••
•••

Orange News Video

•••
•••

Orange Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orange People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orange News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orange
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••