High school cheerleaders

Posted in the Orange Grove Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Rebecca

United States

#1 Oct 12, 2011
Cheerleaders showing at fair after being caught with alcohol at out of town game.
Alicia

United States

#2 Oct 12, 2011
Rebecca wrote:
Cheerleaders showing at fair after being caught with alcohol at out of town game.
I think they have paid the consequences for that. So what if they are showing at the fair? Give it a rest there has been enough venom posted on the subject. Instead of trying to cause trouble, go do your homework.
Not Fair

Corpus Christi, TX

#3 Oct 12, 2011
What punishment did they get ? A slap on the wrist & not being able to cheer for a few games ? Oh don't forget the 3 day suspension. Our school is suppose to be Zero Tolerance for drugs and I do believe alcohol is considered a drug. So why weren't these students expelled ? Is it because of who the parents are ? Our because a few are seniors ? Either way, if this would have been students that weren't cheerleaders or athletes they probably would have been expelled.
Alicia

United States

#4 Oct 12, 2011
Do you think that all of the nasty remarks made on their bad behavior here on Topix was an embarrassment to them? I think they have been punished, they were given a suspension, they put up with the catty snide remarks said both in school and out. They were not able to cheer at some games. They were punished, perhaps not as severely as you would be satisfied with but nevertheless it was addressed. Life isn't fair and sometimes we particularly feel it's unfairness when we try to play by the rules and it goes unnoticed and someone else can show a blatant disregard for the rules and gets off easy. We can't change the outcome, it's been said and done, but I've found what goes around comes around. I wish you the best.
bob

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Oct 12, 2011
Not Fair wrote:
What punishment did they get ? A slap on the wrist & not being able to cheer for a few games ? Oh don't forget the 3 day suspension. Our school is suppose to be Zero Tolerance for drugs and I do believe alcohol is considered a drug. So why weren't these students expelled ? Is it because of who the parents are ? Our because a few are seniors ? Either way, if this would have been students that weren't cheerleaders or athletes they probably would have been expelled.
None were seniors and they are still in in-school suspension.
Sam

Corpus Christi, TX

#6 Oct 12, 2011
Back when the schools actually cared about the students and followed the Student Handbook these students (regardless of who they are or who their parents are) would have been expelled in a heartbeat. Not suspended for a few days and no In-School suspension, but expelled. Does everyone really think that it's fair to other students ?
OoMmGg

Corpus Christi, TX

#7 Oct 12, 2011
They should have been removed from the squad all together. Being caught with alcohol is breaking the "NO DRUGS AND NO WEAPONS WILL BE TOLERATED" Rule. Maybe they need to have the signs removed since the Admin doesn't follow the rules themselves. Even though it didn't happen on OG property it still happened on a school property.
Sam

Corpus Christi, TX

#8 Oct 12, 2011
Them being removed from the Squad is not going to happen. Nowadays things like this are acceptable because the School overlook them. Here in Orange Grove the Cheerleaders were caught drinking and were basically just slapped on the wrist. Their parents should have demanded that they be taken off the Squad. In Alice, Texas they have a pregnant Cheerleader on the Squad and think that it is okay, but they have a young man that was kicked off the Squad because he was caught kissing his boyfriend. What happened to the days when Cheerleaders were suppose to be Role Models ? Young girls would look up to them and aim to be respectful and leaders. Now these young girls look at them and think that it's okay to drink because they probably won't be punished and that it's okay to be pregnant because these teenage girls make it seem glamourous and cool to be pregnant. I'm not saying it's just the Cheerleaders or other girls because there are also some Football players that do drink (though not on school property) and there are a few that are Fathers, but no one says anything because it's the old double standard.
Alicia

United States

#9 Oct 12, 2011
Has anyone gone to a schoolboard meeting and voiced their opinions or concerns? There was a time when I was in school, as another post said that team captains, class officers and cheerleaders were held to a higher standard. Perhaps your class officers can approach the administration or the school board?
If you only knew

Corpus Christi, TX

#10 Oct 12, 2011
You people have no clue. Who said they were coming back to the cheer leader squad. All have been punished no matter who their parents are. As for the fair they have raised their animals and should be able to show them. As for all of you parents I am sure you never did ANYTHING wrong Mr. or Mrs perfect. Give them a break they have suffered enough.
ok so

United States

#11 Oct 12, 2011
I just have to say I personally don't care if the show or not but uil rules r that they r in aep so therefore they can't show. Rules r rules and I know I've been there so I don't think its right that they SHOW!
billy

United States

#12 Oct 13, 2011
So, you people want their heads on a spike in the town square? Would that satisfy the wolves? Alternative school and being kicked from the squad not enough?
Alicia

Brownsville, TX

#13 Oct 13, 2011
If you only knew wrote:
You people have no clue. Who said they were coming back to the cheer leader squad. All have been punished no matter who their parents are. As for the fair they have raised their animals and should be able to show them. As for all of you parents I am sure you never did ANYTHING wrong Mr. or Mrs perfect. Give them a break they have suffered enough.
When I think of someone "suffering" I think of someone who is grieving, very sick, dying or has had something traumatic happen to them. I am not trying to cast stones and I really think this subject should be over, but to say they have "suffered" is in my opinion a little dramatic. These young people knew that what they were doing was wrong and breaking school rules. They BY choice took an illegal substance on a school bus and partook of it. They have been punished, although not every one agrees with what may seem a light punishment, it has been addressed. So please do not say they have "suffered" because until they have buried someone they love, suffered a tramatic loss, face death due to a terminal disease or have been disadvantaged in some way that is not by their design, these young people have not suffered. They have been embarrassed, have lost the right to cheer at some games, face an in house suspension (whatever that means) but they have not suffered. They are able to get up every morning, go to school, laugh with their friends, drive their cars, go to parties, show animals at a fair and pretty much do whatever they want, I don't see how they have "suffered".
Jason

North Richland Hills, TX

#14 Oct 13, 2011
they were removed from the squad and every other extra curricular activity for the rest of the year and in daep for 30 days. none were seniors. get your facts right, and as for other students we dont give a rats ass. and as for showing if you were smart you would know the fair is a county thing has nothing to do with school. so they can show.
Jorge

Brownsville, TX

#15 Oct 13, 2011
Jason wrote:
they were removed from the squad and every other extra curricular activity for the rest of the year and in daep for 30 days. none were seniors. get your facts right, and as for other students we dont give a rats ass. and as for showing if you were smart you would know the fair is a county thing has nothing to do with school. so they can show.
Guess I would be one of the ones who you would say am "not so smart" because when I went to school our entries in the fair earned us credits through FFA so I didn't know this was not a school sanctioned project. As for the collective "as for other students we dont give a rats ass" obviously some of the students do care or this thread would not have been started.
ortiz

El Monte, CA

#17 Oct 13, 2011
Isnt there a zero tolorance for drugs and they were UNDER AGE our school is being to nnice wonnder what channel 6wouldbsay
Hahaha

Corpus Christi, TX

#18 Oct 13, 2011
Jason wrote:
If you took the time to read the student handbook you would see that it is considered a school function because of FFA and FCCLA so it's the same as the "No Pass, No Play" rule.
jsjsgybvskhyyyt

United States

#19 Oct 13, 2011
And there all f*cking passing!!! The school has nothing to so with the Jim wells county fair!!! Read the f*cking hand book again!!! It states that they are not allowed to do anything while in AEP!! After that it does not matter!!! Also an MIP is just like a damn speeding ticket!! You gonna do this shit next time you get a damn ticket!! Ha yea I didn't think so... GROW THE F*CK UP YOU LOW LIFE DUMB ASSES!!!!!!!
dumb asses

United States

#20 Oct 13, 2011
GROW THE F*CK UP!!!
ok so

United States

#21 Oct 13, 2011
They actually are going to still be in aep until the week after the fair so therefore they should not show!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orange Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lazy people 21 hr Momma 3
Cam W Fri White Guy 6
Brendon Feb 25 Random 1
Patricia sens Feb 25 Lol 14
wh*res in og Feb 24 mamma 2
MK Carter Feb 23 woww 1
wtf is that noise?! Feb 19 Lol 6
Orange Grove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web