Italian eateries find homes in southwest Volusia County

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

If you love Italian food, southwest Volusia is the place to be. In less than a year, three eateries -- Bumbino's Italian Ristorante, Pomodoro's Italian Restaurant and Bella Vita Italian Restaurant -- have moved ...

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 49 of49
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hilton Head

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

Deltona local wrote:
Hmmm, I thought my review of most (I know there are more but these are the ones I've personally been to) Italian restaurants in the area was pretty unbiased overall. These were based on my personal visit at each location. The comment about friends' comments on one restaurant is very true and not based on anything I've read online as many of our friends/family are just like us and like to give everything a try. We all discuss it when we're together and even with so-so reviews I have visited a restaurant as sometimes there is a bad night and it might be better next time. You can view a number of my reviews on a variety of websites as I review quite a few restaurants when I visit them. I like to try to visit "local" restaurants and not the chains. That way I'm supporting local people (wherever I visit) and not so much of the big companies. Also, it's a great way to experience the local flavor. We DO own a local family owned business (thankfully not a restaurant as I'm definitely not a cook) & I believe in supporting locally owned businesses. Happy Eats everyone & please be nice :)
I think it was a good review. One question, where is Scorpios located?

Since: Oct 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>I think it was a good review. One question, where is Scorpios located?
Thanks for the vote of confidence on my review.

Scorpios is located in Deltona at the intersection of Doyle & Courtland Blvds in an almost empty shopping plaza. Currently they and a Chinese restaurant are there along with a skate shop. Other than that the plaza is empty which is a shame.
Hilton Head

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Deltona local wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the vote of confidence on my review.
Scorpios is located in Deltona at the intersection of Doyle & Courtland Blvds in an almost empty shopping plaza. Currently they and a Chinese restaurant are there along with a skate shop. Other than that the plaza is empty which is a shame.
Thank you for the info. The way things are going I'm afraid that there will be many more empty plazas which truly is a shame.
Bumbinos

West Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

TO ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE WONDERING IF BUMBINOS IS COMING BACK AND THE ANSWER IS YES!!!
Look for us in spring of 2010 in the LA Fitness center near Target Orange City
DeBaryResident

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Yay! Ive missed Bumbinos Calzone! Looking forward to your return.:)
BUMBINOS IS COMING BACK

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

To all waiting for us to re-open thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!! we are going to be in the LA Fitness Center in orange city we will be to the right of LA Fitness we are looking at Late May Early June. It's been a long hard road but we are coming back!!!!
Ex-local

Seymour, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

I have never eaten at Bumbinos I do know someone who worked there. They have the worst ethics when it comes to the way they treat their employees. Especially new hires. They would demand that you get there 15 mintues early, fill your station condiments, then clock in. If your shift was finished, they would make you clock out and wait for your tables to finish. Also, when you take a CC payment, you have to RUN it over to turn it in. If you don't you get yelled at even if someone stops you, that is no excuse. There is a 30 second time limit to RUN and turn it in. I knew several people that worked for them and that is why I never ate there. I don't support an employer that treats employess like this. I would rather take my money elsewhere. If your employees aren't happy, your business won't thrive. Word of mouth will travel fast.
janet

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

Ex-local wrote:
I have never eaten at Bumbinos I do know someone who worked there. They have the worst ethics when it comes to the way they treat their employees. Especially new hires. They would demand that you get there 15 mintues early, fill your station condiments, then clock in. If your shift was finished, they would make you clock out and wait for your tables to finish. Also, when you take a CC payment, you have to RUN it over to turn it in. If you don't you get yelled at even if someone stops you, that is no excuse. There is a 30 second time limit to RUN and turn it in. I knew several people that worked for them and that is why I never ate there. I don't support an employer that treats employess like this. I would rather take my money elsewhere. If your employees aren't happy, your business won't thrive. Word of mouth will travel fast.
it's even worse than that the woman who owns the place is the meanest person in the world i have seen her treat employees so bad that not only does she make them cry,shetries to make them look like mistakes made by her are there fault, one time i saw her trying to make the server clean the bathroom while waiting on customers and serving food, that was the last time i went in. people like this have no right owning a business. and employees should report this witch
Love the changes Bumbinos

Debary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Went to the remake of Bumbinos i can't wait to go back the staff is so nice and there was no fighting that i could hear the food was sooooo good and the wait time to get food was not long good job to Robert and his crew good luck to Bumbinos hope you guys do good

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 49 of49
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Orange City Discussions

Search the Orange City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Deltona woman charged with prostituting minors ... 57 min Legatus Victix 2
more black on white crime! (Aug '13) 1 hr mymind 87
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 13 hr Aaron 1,838
Congress Cost You Sat GOP 1
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Thu Panamaed 2,631
All us blacks should go back to Africa (Jul '13) Apr 16 whinersrus 178
Review: Issue Bar And Package Apr 15 Fredrick Stevens 1
•••

Rip Current Statement for Volusia County was issued at April 20 at 6:03AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orange City Jobs

•••
•••
•••