Deltona woman arrested after infant e...

Deltona woman arrested after infant eats oxycodone

There are 62 comments on the The Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 11, 2011, titled Deltona woman arrested after infant eats oxycodone. In it, The Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A Volusia County woman faces child neglect charges after a baby in her care swallowed oxycodone pills she left on a dresser.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#1 Nov 12, 2011
Wow---This truly bothers me.You leave a very strong drug on the dresser.

Lee Bergeron

“Silly and a little Risky”

Near You

#2 Nov 12, 2011
This is just wrong!! Parents def should be held accountable for actions such as this when a child is involved.

“I tell it like it is!”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 12, 2011
Man...talk about BEYOND stupid! Poor kid.
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Garden, FL

#4 Nov 12, 2011
Another example why the government should sterilize slugs on the dole.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#5 Nov 12, 2011
The Journal is developing a bad habit of adding stories to the topix page, that should NOT be open for discussion. It's sick!! Another thread about a man that used an infant child, focused more on the children than the man who was at gunpoint. Can you recognise the lack of morals. No probably not!
buddy

Glenview, IL

#6 Nov 12, 2011
she looks nasty. poor kid that bitch shouldnt have been allowed to post bail putting her kid in danger like that! she prolly use oxy sale money to get out

Location hidden

#7 Nov 12, 2011
who is dumb enough to leave such on a dresser with small children around?!!? That is just crazy!
Walt

Winter Springs, FL

#8 Nov 12, 2011
Lee-Bergeron wrote:
Wow---This truly bothers me.You leave a very strong drug on the dresser.
Lee Bergeron
What can you expect from a druggie. You can't expect good judgement. The parents or parents of the kids must not have done their due diligence before leaving their kids with her. I'm betting she a welfare recipient making money under the table. Deltona seems to be loaded with people like her.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#9 Nov 12, 2011
buddy wrote:
she looks nasty. poor kid that bitch shouldnt have been allowed to post bail putting her kid in danger like that! she prolly use oxy sale money to get out
Well there is supposed to be a legal boundry that states you can't use money that has been obtained illegally as bail or to pay court costs. Recently three people were involved in a drug deal, that went wrong, in Holly Hill, where one of them was stabbed in the back, & one of the three posted bail. Cindy Gilliland the ex wife of Daytona Beach commissioner Rob Gilliland stabbed her boyfriend, where the article explained intent for to do it [pre-meditated] She posted bail on the grounds of a rule called right to stand. You can always call the Bernier show & find out exactly when the ask the chief segment is on! It's supposed to be once a month, Bring up this point see if the article is tell the truth. Cheif Chitwood will let you know.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#10 Nov 12, 2011
correction: Stand you're ground.
buddy

Glenview, IL

#11 Nov 12, 2011
Joe wrote:
<quoted text> Well there is supposed to be a legal boundry that states you can't use money that has been obtained illegally as bail or to pay court costs. Recently three people were involved in a drug deal, that went wrong, in Holly Hill, where one of them was stabbed in the back, & one of the three posted bail. Cindy Gilliland the ex wife of Daytona Beach commissioner Rob Gilliland stabbed her boyfriend, where the article explained intent for to do it [pre-meditated] She posted bail on the grounds of a rule called right to stand. You can always call the Bernier show & find out exactly when the ask the chief segment is on! It's supposed to be once a month, Bring up this point see if the article is tell the truth. Cheif Chitwood will let you know.
there is no way of anyone but her knowing that the money was or was not illegally obtained man lol think bout that
John

Coquitlam, Canada

#12 Nov 12, 2011
They say the kid ate an oxy which blows me away. A stupid question but I'm wondering wat size it wats first time I ever tried a 40 I puked my fuck in brains out. Like projectile 2 feet spray. Now I am 230 pounds. Is this kid ok? That is retarted. And to the parents u should even be able to have a kid. Shame on u
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#13 Nov 12, 2011
buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no way of anyone but her knowing that the money was or was not illegally obtained man lol think bout that
The article said Chandra Mc Crea posted bail. It can only be done by legal means by way of a laywer when they speak to a judge. It didn't mention that the bail was granted.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#14 Nov 12, 2011
John wrote:
They say the kid ate an oxy which blows me away. A stupid question but I'm wondering wat size it wats first time I ever tried a 40 I puked my fuck in brains out. Like projectile 2 feet spray. Now I am 230 pounds. Is this kid ok? That is retarted. And to the parents u should even be able to have a kid. Shame on u
This is good point. Why would the newspaper find out that bail was posted and report it.. and not find out or not report that the [infant-] was ok. That's distubing!
buddy

Glenview, IL

#15 Nov 12, 2011
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>The article said Chandra Mc Crea posted bail. It can only be done by legal means by way of a laywer when they speak to a judge. It didn't mention that the bail was granted.
oookk... but legal means thru a lawyer can still be funded by drug money! there is no way to account exactly where the bail money came from.

“how far down are we in”

Since: Apr 11

the rabbit's hole?

#16 Nov 12, 2011
I can't imagine what the parents of this child must be going through. First off, in the mug shot she just looks crazy. I wouldn't allow my kids to be watched by someone like that. Actually, my kids have only been watched by family members, with one emergency exception, and that was only for a couple hours and my kids are older. What an idiot for leaving pills of ANY sort lying around, especially a narcotic.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#17 Nov 12, 2011
A lawyer has to have permission from a judge. A judge determines the different grounds that are set for bail. Money can not be submitted as bail until that dicision is made. Posting bail is a request.. Because the condition of the infant has not been reported the suspect could be facing murder charges. The responsiblity of the news paper should be to report on the infants status before even releasing the story. Mc Rae isn't getting out of jail..
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#18 Nov 12, 2011
These are questions that Chief Chitwood needs to answer in a public adress. Apparently a sweep of Daytona Beach was done by the Daytona Police Department, as attempt to eliminate random prescription drugs from the medicine cabinets of the residents it's on going of course. But how is it going so far? Good question! Yes Mc Rae looks crazy. Unfortunately it's conjecture to think that she got the drugs from a pill mill & easy to say most likely, but idiots have rights. And sometimes it's really annoying.
buddy

Glenview, IL

#19 Nov 12, 2011
Joe wrote:
A lawyer has to have permission from a judge. A judge determines the different grounds that are set for bail. Money can not be submitted as bail until that dicision is made. Posting bail is a request.. Because the condition of the infant has not been reported the suspect could be facing murder charges. The responsiblity of the news paper should be to report on the infants status before even releasing the story. Mc Rae isn't getting out of jail..
TRUST me i know how the court system and bail works.. your missing my point lol... sweewww right over your head lol
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#20 Nov 13, 2011
Ok. it started as a point. You asked a question. This is reliable accurate information not based on rumor. You chose to to be insulting. That's on you.When someone is arrested a cash bond can be admitted- but there still has to be an approval. The lawyer still has to get approval from a judge. If by chance the infant doesn't survive [which is a big part of the point] are you still going to insist that Mc Rae can bail out on drug money?? It's not about telling you you're wrong. Bail won't happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orange City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leader of Orlando-area motorcycle club assaulte... (Nov '07) 16 hr Hooah 763
Heroin (May '13) Feb 19 teppeR 46
heroin (Feb '14) Feb 19 teppeR 10
News Suspect arrested in Geneva slaying (Jul '12) Feb 11 Cas 26
News Dad chases nude boy from daughter's room with pipe (Sep '08) Feb 6 Mad Dad Phart 2,003
jj douglas services inc. is a scam!!!! Jan 29 Ron Arthur 21
New Volusia County Arrests (Feb '14) Jan 25 Rick 3

Orange City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orange City Mortgages