Oran council votes to keep police chi...

Oran council votes to keep police chief during residents' vigil

There are 10 comments on the Southeast Missourian story from Aug 9, 2006, titled Oran council votes to keep police chief during residents' vigil. In it, Southeast Missourian reports that:

About 75 residents of Oran met for a candlelight vigil and community meeting in front of city hall at dusk Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Southeast Missourian.

Concerned

Ashburn, VA

#1 Aug 20, 2006
It is too bad that the mayor and city council are cutting their nose off to spite their face. THEY are the ones letting the city of Oran die, all because of their stubborness. Tragesser is clearly an idiot and if he cared about Oran at all, he would start acting like a professional law enforcement officer, not some immature jerk. It was his intent to close down Otter's, it was his own personal agenda. So sad that the mayor and council could not see that Otter's brought in alot of revenue, alot of people into that small dying community. It was not a bad place, many people came there to eat, the food was great. True, it served alcohol, but it was a place to meet friends and relax. Should every town's Chief of police decide they are going to start shutting down all the bars in their towns? Who does this CLOWN think he is? Tragesser has done more harm to that town than good. He needs a lesson in what professional law enforcement is all about. I have been a police officer for many years and I am appauled at his actions, his unprofessional conduct, his policing capabilities and his notion that he can set his own personal agendas against anyone or any business he wants! And the silly city council lets him! And stands behind him! Come on Mayor, now do you really care about Oran or what's going on here. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Concerned

Ashburn, VA

#2 Aug 21, 2006
Well, lets see what you have done now, Mr. Mayor tom Urhahn? Four of your council members voted to dismiss tragesser and four did not, and you broke the tying vote, and Tragesser is still there. Well, good job! You just succeded in continuing to pull your town apart just a little further. You REALLY care, don't you? I guess that's why you won't even do business in your own town or buy gas there. That's being very loyal to the town you are Mayor of. What in the world is wrong with you? Your stubbornness is destroying your own town! Who re-elected you? I suspect people like yourself who can't put the good of the town first and foremost. Why don't you get rid of that trouble maker Tragesser and get a decent, professional, solid Police Chief that will actually CARE about the town and try to do to the best of his ability what is good, right, and just. You know there is a MIDDLE GROUND out there for you to explore. You don't have to be on somebody's SIDE. You act like you're in junior high. Just do what is the best for your city and try to mend all the damage that idiot Tragesser has caused you and quit standing behind the reason for all your troubles in the first place. There are some really good police officers out there for you to hire, ones that would not come in and create a reign of terror and tear your town apart. Start acting like a Mayor, not like a mad seventh-grader choosing sides on the playground. How silly and immature! And all you people "for" Tragesser, I have news for you. You're backing an Idiot that will end up causing you more trouble. Better be careful, it might come back and bit you in the "you know where".
Concerned

Ashburn, VA

#3 Aug 21, 2006
Now I understand Tragesser has decided that even if he would lose his job in Oran as police cheif, he wants to stay there and make it his permanent happy home because he likes it so much, even though he has caused ALOT of trouble for the town and torn the town apart, along with you, Mr. Mayor and your helpee helpers. Well, isn't that what a PARASITE does? It finds a nice, cozy, unsuspecting wound to work it's way into it, ultimately destroying it's host. Interesting analogy? Do you even know what an analogy is, Mr. Mayor?
mike

Charleston, MO

#4 Jul 20, 2008
If you were such a good cop why dont you state your name, you seem to be willing to put the mayors and everyone one else in there, and I know for a fact a lot of drug bust were done in this town and revenue went up and not down, you probably lost profits from not standing on the corner and charging a few extra bucks to buy alcohol for underage kids like. I listed to people like you at first, Mayor was only trying to ruin the town and the cop got fired from all his jobs, until I researched myself and found it to be lies all the way around. It was the devils work, working through your words, many things said toward him I knew people just like that in our town that were considered uppper people. You can say all you want. You made our town look stupid putting up all the signs and calling the news ever time it didn't go your way. We know each other very well in this town and we know each others past to. No one ever gave that chief a chance he was damned the first day he came in here and we can bash him all we wont on earth, but know one took time to know him. What I saw him do was work all the time day and night seven days a week for us. The only way for the truth will be when we hit the gates of heaven. If he is wrong he will have to answer to, but what I saw him do was really try and I would go talk to him, no matter what he did was wrong to a group of people here we never gave him a chance from the first day he was here and we all have to live with that. And as for you saying your a cop, cops of all people shouldn't judge and I know a few that live here in town or should I say have family in town. Should I say what I saw when they left Otters or who one was living with for a long time. Just remember when you point a finger you always have 4 pointing back at you. You will find the hate you cast will only bring difficulty in your life to come. If the Mayor is no longer what you want then vote for some one else that is your right, but dont knock what a man has done for 30 some years devoting his work and time to a town he cares about. If you think he doesn't! Make a choice to run or vote for some one else. Stand on that stool and be judged as well, its so easy to set back and see the wrong in people, and hide behind closed doors and yell your hate and your beliefs, one day you find out you might have been wrong yourself. What is really sad no one puts there name when the talk so dirty about some one, it sickens me to see people trying to destroy people without a debate and not saying who they are. To me you will answer God one day whether you believe in him or not one day you will pass away as we all will. All the hurt you put on people will come to light. I truley believe life on earth is coming to an end, evil seems to increase every day. Formus like this is only an example of people not seeking the truth or working for a change but to bash another humans life on the belief they are playing GOD and there decision better. Reading your comment I read in the chaffee paper a few weeks ago Tragesser was selected Officer of the year. Please give your name so I can see your award since he has been gone. Sounds to me we lost a good officer, if he was such an idiot I doubt he would have gotten that award let alone still be in law enforcement. I see the Mayor is still Mayor also with still positive review. SO where are you at? still puting up signs knowing you yourself are guilty of the same accusations!
well now

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Nov 22, 2008
here we are with the law covering for these pitiful bar owners is everyone happy now?

United States

#6 Nov 22, 2008
How are they covering for any bar owners? There is nothing to cover for. Get your facts straight.
truth

United States

#7 Jan 21, 2009
lets see as many fights (almost every other weekend before christmas and the stabbing the bar has along along serving underage alcohol STILL GOING ON now THAT IS WHY!!! go you get your FACTS Straight Oh I forget this is Oran where we lie and that is the truth
good job

United States

#8 Jan 22, 2009
very well said.
xcp

United States

#9 Mar 31, 2009
Oran should be turned back into a swamp atleast the rats would be happy
lala

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10 Apr 15, 2009
amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
horny 55 min Ashley 12
She back 1 hr Guest 34
Jeff Brady 5 hr Guest 333 1
kelly penrose (Jul '15) 11 hr Guest 10
Oran PD 13 hr lane change 5
Sondra and Kevin 20 hr Guest 8
A King 22 hr Guest 2

Oran Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance