Concerned patron

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

I was in Dollar General at Oran the other day' and the manager was being very rude to a customer. This is not the first time I have personally witnessed her being like that and once it was to an employee who was just trying to help me out. I have talked to at least ten more people over this xmas holiday that have agreed or have also started shopping at Chaffee and Benton due to the manager's lack of people skills. I overheard her ask the gentleman that was just asking a question about a product if he could not read the directions himself and the cashier behind the counter was laughing about the entire situation. They acted very disrespectful.
Fed up

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

I've quit spending money there too because of her rudeness and lack of people skills. I know a couple of people have called to report her. Not sure why she even is still there!
Curious

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Just wondering if this is the louder blonde lady with glasses. She's probably in her 40s or 50s.
gary

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

That is her. I think her name is Tammy. She has very poor people skills. I simply cannot believe she works in a customer service related field, nonetheless a store manager. All patrons who have disrespected by her should call the corporate office at 615-855-400.
call her on it

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

next time you see her doing this type of behavior, call her on it. I promise you, if you do, she won't do you that way again. I think her primary problem is she's just a loud type and has no sense of humor. I wouldn't work in the same store with her. The entire crew they have in there is slipping in customer skills.

The store is starting to look unkept. yes, I realize it is the holiday season. I also realize they don't give these type of stores enough help for customer service and for stocking. But, some of this in the Oran store is just poor management. other stores in the area manage to do both quiet well.
mark s

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

No need to call her on it. Her supervisor should be called
gotta stop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

I agree with all of you. I called two of those witches out and called their supervisor. She,as everyone in a DG is a woman, said they should not have reacted the way they did to my question and she "would handle it." Get a man and let him fire their ass
matt

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

In a small town that needs more businesses, I think it is terrible that a store manager is running business away from a store we were so proud to have. We shouldn't have to patronize other dollar general stores when we have one here in town. Tammy, the store manager should be replaced along with any other employees that can't provide decent customer service.
Concerned patron

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

I so agree. She is always giving out commands (not instructions)and never has she asked me if I needed anykind of help. She is always talking on the phone with that bluetooth thing in her ear. I waited to ask her where a particular item may be but she never got off the phone long enough for me to ask so I drove to Chaffee Dollar Store cause I had to go to the bank there anyways. I dont want to see the store close but can't they find a better manager than her.
todd

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

She needs to be replaced. No one that rude should be a store manager.
todd

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

I heard Tammy has been disciplined. I hope she gets to move elsewhere. She is a terrible manager. I have talked to those who have worked for her. She is verbally abusive to employees and customers
she should go

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

I think they just need to replace her. I find myself not going there as much as when first opened. I used to be in there daily. Now, I just go to Benton, or wait until I have a Sikeston trip planned.

Oran really needed this store and it is a shame that one or two employees can ruin the bottom line.
Petition- Oran DG

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Someone should create a petition to replace management at the Dollar General in Oran, MO due to constant disrespect and lack of customer service to everyone that walks in that door. Effective immediately.
write em

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

write them or call them They are in Goodletsville TN, get corp info from yellow pages.com

They won't read a petition but let them get 100 angry phone calls and someone will take note.

I'm dialing first thing Monday morning, if they want proof, i can send them a clip via my phone cam.
write em

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

gary wrote:
That is her. I think her name is Tammy. She has very poor people skills. I simply cannot believe she works in a customer service related field, nonetheless a store manager. All patrons who have disrespected by her should call the corporate office at 615-855-400.
sorry that should be 4000 not 400. I'm calling monday
Shopper

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

You all are getting your way. Was just in there and was told she got a disaplanary lay off WITHOUT PAY.
rad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Shopper wrote:
You all are getting your way. Was just in there and was told she got a disaplanary lay off WITHOUT PAY.
Doubt that!!! I just saw her car in the parking lot
sad

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

It's sad that there are people like you all out there trying to take away someones job! I had a problem with her once and told her about it....nice as can be now. Maybe she needs a little better training and isn't getting it. Sometimes people have bad days and sometimes people come in looking to start something. Stop and think what you may be doing to someones life! People now a days want to be catered to way too much!! There are always gonna be people in life that you don't like...or rubs you the wrong way...avoid those people and don't sweat the small stuff! Another words...get over it, there are bigger things in life to worry about! How hard is it to go into the Dollar Store..get what you need..and get out! Stop looking for crap to complain about!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oran Discussions

Search the Oran Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,777
Stone's Used Tires on 333 5 hr popcorn 6
What up with the White girls in Benton that hav... 6 hr Zach 9
Police Officer 11 hr Lol 9
Oran drive in Jul 28 samantha 22
dumbass Jul 27 guest 5
attorney Jul 26 simple 2
•••
•••
•••
Oran Dating

more search filters

less search filters