New Bio-Fuel Plant Coming to Opp

Dec 6, 2006 Read more: WTVY Dothan 32
A new industry is coming to the city of Opp. Officials plan to make a formal announcement Friday. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SAM PRUITT

Peapack, NJ

#1 Dec 8, 2006
THE COMPANY IS NOTHING BUT A STOCK SSCAM COMPANY.THEY DON'T BUILD OR OWN ANYTHING.THE ISSUE AND SELL PENNY STOCK.
AND MAKE UP ALL KINDS OF NEWS RELEASES TO RAISE THE PRICE OF THEIR STOCK.
MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS sampruittt2000@yahoo.com if u have any questions.the stock symbol is PHGI.They don't make any reports to the SEC.They are just using Opp AL name to profit.They will never build a factory any where.
Sam
dave maden

Wood River, IL

#2 Dec 9, 2006
In the previous post, Sam calls PHGI a scam.
Beware of people bashing this company.
There are many people out there paid to
bash stocks in order to force them down.
This helps the short stock traders profit
from keeping the stock price down.
I highly doubt the local goverment is
falling for a scam.
Beware of negative posts! I highly doubt these
people are guardian angels trying to protect you.
Good News

Mclean, VA

#3 Jan 17, 2007
The City of Opp, Alabama, Covington County, Alabama, Covington County Economic Development Commission and Perihelion Global Announce January 29, 2007 Groundbreaking for Bio Fuel Refinery

Wednesday January 17, 12:03 am ET

OPP, Ala. and SANTA ROSA BEACH, Fla., Jan. 17, 2007 (PRIME NEWSWIRE)-- Perihelion Global (Other OTC:PHGI.PK - News) and the City of Opp, Alabama; The Covington County Board of County Commissioners; Covington County Economic Development Commission and The State of Alabama jointly announce the Official Ground Breaking of Perihelion Global's Bio Fuel Refinery locating in Opp, Alabama on Monday, January 29, 2007 in the Opp Industrial Park at 10:00AM CST.

The Ground Breaking will formally launch construction of Perihelion's Bio-Fuel Refinery which will be the largest Bio-Fuel Refinery in North America using peanuts as the primary stock and will also be the 3rd largest Bio-Fuel Refinery in North America overall.
Present at the Official Ground Breaking will be City of Opp Mayor H.D. Edgar; Perihelion Global Chairman, Chief Executive Officer & President John H. Beebe; members of Perihelion Global's Board of Directors and Executive Management staff; Covington County Economic Development Commission; and various Federal, State, County, and City Officials will also be on hand.
Perihelion Global Management and State, County and City Government Officials will be available for questions from the Media or the Public.

About Perihelion Global:
Perihelion Global focuses on the acquisition, development and management of technologies, strategic commodity reserves and assets in the energy, natural resource and communications markets. Perihelion's management team specializes in providing solutions for the strategic challenges of 21st Century. We lead with decades of experience in environments that are mission critical in today's global marketplace.
Good News

Mclean, VA

#4 Jan 29, 2007
Today is the big day for the Bio-Fuel Refinery. It's the rubber-meets-the-road test to visually verify that the company is on the "straight-and-narrow " path of legitimacy.
desertone

Laurel Hill, FL

#5 Jan 31, 2007
I hope this company is legit i Know other bio fuel companies are building in a Alabama. I have lived in this area 2 years and can see a great need for more industry and jobs in ths area.Not to mention the ecological promise that bio-fuels hold.
Gord Carson

Saskatoon, Canada

#6 Mar 25, 2007
I have just finished reading that this company has a twenty four million bond financing agreement with W.K. Taylor & Company Investment bank. Is this for real or not.
HAB

Andalusia, AL

#7 Jun 5, 2007
Looks like he's right, all there signs have been removed and equipment is gone.
SAM PRUITT wrote:
THE COMPANY IS NOTHING BUT A STOCK SSCAM COMPANY.THEY DON'T BUILD OR OWN ANYTHING.THE ISSUE AND SELL PENNY STOCK.
AND MAKE UP ALL KINDS OF NEWS RELEASES TO RAISE THE PRICE OF THEIR STOCK.
MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS sampruittt2000@yahoo.com if u have any questions.the stock symbol is PHGI.They don't make any reports to the SEC.They are just using Opp AL name to profit.They will never build a factory any where.
Sam
not concerned

Pineville, NC

#8 Jun 12, 2007
as i read over these posts i see there is so many supportive people and fools like pruit and habieeb. i have followed this company from the beginning and have seen no wrong doing at all. Just positive reactions and strong business practices. If it were up to me though i would not give those ungrateful bastards in andalusia, al one job when the plant opens. the minute i would see andalusia on an application i would say NEXT. They all have their hands out. Go get a job rednecks and stop complaining and that idiot radio station fellow should go work for the national enq. just my openion. i spoke to the mayor yesterday and he said the plant is on tract and they are more then pleased.
andy

Annandale, VA

#9 Jul 30, 2007
Any update on the site? Thanks
TDG

Enterprise, AL

#10 Aug 12, 2007
Has anyone thought of what impact turning food into fuel will have on food and feed prices? This same question was raised years ago and it was determined that if every available acre in the US were planted in grains that would produce ethanol and oils suitable for use in a diesel every gas guzzler in America could run for about two weeks. With the improved fuel economy of the newer engines running the figure might have climbed to six weeks. The returns don't add up. Nazi Germany turned food into fuel when they became desperate and many Germans went hungry as a result, a future trend for us also? Think compressed air, people! Its all around us we need only to find more efficient ways such to capture and use it. The methane from city sewage might hold a better promise than giving up peanut butter for the rich man's ride! Just some thing to think about.
Opp-iniated

Andalusia, AL

#11 Feb 14, 2008
It's all a big lie. They are just acting like they are really going to build this thing so they can get the 40 mil grant from the government and split. Come on folks, have you seen the fence? NO, because there is no fence! Oh there's gates with signs that say "keep out" but you can simply drive your f150 around the gate and keep on truckin baby, skeeew-wee! And have you seen the building? ITS A PLASTIC PLAY HOUSE. LOL Some people will believe anything these days. Just to affirm what I'm saying is the truth, I talked to a rep. from Anderson's peanuts who says there is no way the plant can start buying farmer's peanuts for the price they are promising. Think about it, you are making a feul from peanuts, you can't pay above-premium price for the peanuts because they fuel you produce will be more expensive than the 3.05 price thats currently at the pumps, and folks, won't that defeat the purpuse?
Don

United States

#12 Mar 25, 2008
I had some dealings with PHGI while I worked for an insultation company. I could never get any firm facts from the "area" manager or vice-president of the company. Why would the President of the company stay in the Santa Rosa, FL area and not his corp offices in Denver, CO. LAst time I was down there in November of 2007, they had laid a foundation for a building, 60' X 100'. Not much of a million dollar company.
Don

United States

#13 Mar 25, 2008
not concerned wrote:
as i read over these posts i see there is so many supportive people and fools like pruit and habieeb. i have followed this company from the beginning and have seen no wrong doing at all. Just positive reactions and strong business practices. If it were up to me though i would not give those ungrateful bastards in andalusia, al one job when the plant opens. the minute i would see andalusia on an application i would say NEXT. They all have their hands out. Go get a job rednecks and stop complaining and that idiot radio station fellow should go work for the national enq. just my openion. i spoke to the mayor yesterday and he said the plant is on tract and they are more then pleased.
Sure the city manager is pleased. He is blinded by the $$$ that will not ever happen. I talked to him back in the fall of 07, and from August-sept, nothing was done to the sight. Last time I was there they had laid a 60' X 100" slab for a building.
j-nine

Andalusia, AL

#14 Apr 3, 2008
Opp-iniated, I agree with you 100%. I have drivin by and seen the big plastic playhouse and all the rusty tanks out there. I can not believe the way things are going so far, not much had been going on over there since "The big ground breaking".I grew up around industral company's in central FL and this is nothing but a joke. I don't know when they plan on hiring all the people they promised for 2008. Last year they made so much praise in the OPP news about this company. I don't think this is a quality bussiness deal for the city of OPP. Sorry believer's, just my opinion.
Opp-iniated

Andalusia, AL

#15 Apr 7, 2008
And unfortunately there's still a majority of a small town that's still beleiving it's going to happen. Some people live there lives never learning not the beleive everything they hear, especially things that seem fishy. If something seems too good to be true, it probally is.
j-nine

Andalusia, AL

#16 Apr 7, 2008
I agree also about the mayor and city people just seeing the $$$. I could not believe when they posted how much money they were paying to lease the property, it is nothing, now why would the city not charge much for this big wig company. If this so called company was offering to come here, I cant believe the city "Gave" them everything for nothing. I bet for some reason this company will be shut down before it even gets close to starting. The town council is just too greedy, I wonder what there cut was in all this.

Since: Feb 08

Andalusia, AL

#17 Apr 11, 2008
im with u jnine i know opp s mayor personally hes nothing but a money hungry man he dont care if opp,alabama gerows or noy its all about the big bucks to him plus hes an bad business man ive talked 2 some of his former truck drivers they know him like i do..

Andalusia, AL

#18 Apr 14, 2008
and while were on the op mayors case i read the opp news this past week boy the folks in opp were pissed off at mr h.d.edgar about the way he called all the nashville acts off the stage on account of the rain those folks wanted their money back they were even booing the rodeo on account of him that tells us h.d. edgar aint about nothing for that town hes an illegal trcucking company i this for a well known fact.
j-nine

Andalusia, AL

#19 Apr 14, 2008
I have also read about the rodeo concert, I can't believe how he was pretty much laying blame on the artist not performing in the rain. He addmitted how the rain kept the stage soaked, I dont blame them for not playing, it would ruin all the equiptment. I hate how every week I get the paper and see Edgar 's picture somewhere. He should of handled the rodeo alot better, didnt have a backk up plan

Andalusia, AL

#20 Apr 15, 2008
i see his pc 2 jnine my wifes from opp shes known him forever shes has friends their who know that h.d. edgar is a very shady man and 4 a mayor he isnt worth a crap he couldve at least had a bsck up plan like have the opp high school auditorium for a stage imean those acts came all the way to opp 4 nothing now h.d himself is a bad businessman i myself have heard about alot of his trucking deals are very much illegal so that tells us hes a crook nuff said i agree with u j nine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
left foot driving Apr 13 Rus 2
Local Politics Do you approve of H. D. Edgar as Mayor? (Sep '12) Mar '15 bobby phillips 48
Poll Does Opp have crooked cops? (May '08) Jan '15 hemimac 15
yellow stain after washing in a Samsung top loa... Dec '14 even_stephens 2
News Samson Police Department has Been Conducting Op... (Aug '14) Dec '14 even_stephens 2
News Westview Baptist Church Pastor dies in skiing a... (Mar '14) Aug '14 tysy 2
Bruce Foley (May '08) Jun '14 Daughters Friend 18
More from around the web

Opp People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]