Bourque's jalapeno sausage cheese bre...

Bourque's jalapeno sausage cheese bread is unforgettable

There are 10 comments on the Daily World story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Bourque's jalapeno sausage cheese bread is unforgettable. In it, Daily World reports that:

PORT BARRE -- A sign on Highway 190 lets visitors know that this sports-crazy town is the "Home of the State Champions." The high school has won titles in football, softball, girls basketball, girls track and twice in boys track.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily World.

Been there

United States

#1 Jan 4, 2013
Yes it's unforgettable in the price and the fact that you have NO sausage. Just bread and a little cheese. No thanks. Shopritre's stuffed bread has my vote AND the workers are MUCH nicer!!
Yep

Lafayette, LA

#2 Jan 4, 2013
So agree with you!!!
Haha

Abbeville, LA

#3 Jan 4, 2013
You Sound like someone that got fired from Bourques and got hired at Shoprite. Lol Bourques bread is YUMMY!! The best around!!
Been there

United States

#4 Jan 5, 2013
Haha wrote:
You Sound like someone that got fired from Bourques and got hired at Shoprite. Lol Bourques bread is YUMMY!! The best around!!
And you sound like a Bourque. Defending the poor quality, high price merchandise you sell.
info

Arnaudville, LA

#5 Jan 5, 2013
its almost just jalapeno and cheese bread now, no sausage at all
Cheap Meat

Tucker, GA

#6 Jan 7, 2013
That stuffed bread is with no doubt missing the stuffing! If u want good bread you got to buy some of there $10.00 per # sausage and stuff it your damn self. They should be ashamed.
Reality man

Port Neches, TX

#7 Jan 7, 2013
They have some quality meat and good products. The bread was to die for when they first started making it. And then they stopped putting the quality products in the bread. I would rather buy bunny bread and put my own meat on it instead of breaking the bank to be disappointed again. Maybe we are paying for that crappy attitude and not the meat.
pasta

Lafayette, LA

#8 Jan 8, 2013
all these small town grocery store owners must get together to come up with ways to cheat customers. The bread and king cakes at the supermarket in Leonville are as bad or worse than Bourque's. as someone said when they first started it was great now they have hiked up prices and all you get is a bread with cheese and one sausage and the bread is as hard as a brick. Now that they have people coming in on a regular basis they think that they have it made. Taking money from people for poor quality products. It is all about making a dollar!!!
Jayjen

Opelousas, LA

#9 Feb 11, 2013
The bread, meat and everything there is awful,just like them....crooks
Yup

United States

#10 Mar 5, 2013
What is up with the attitudes of the workers at Bourques. The girl in front of me paid and as soon as she walked off the two cashiers starting talking about her. Meanwhile I'm patiently waiting to check out my two items. After they finished then the cashier rings me up. She didn't greet me, she didn't tell me my total and most certainly did not thank me for providing her with a paycheck. I thought they had a saying that hospitality was given free there? It was sure missing in this whole transaction. I won't be stopping in there anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opelousas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will be next police chief 22 min lol 9
Kalan Cormier 20 hr Troll train 2
Fire District # 2 (Nov '15) Sun I speAk 3
Brad Higginbotham (Jan '14) Fri Oneday 18
Danielle @ First Student Jul 21 what about the baby 4
Guillory nuts Jul 19 GodDontSleep 2
Garage sale Saturday Jul 15 Flash_62 3

Opelousas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance