Is B. Jindal and other members of the LA Legislature members of ALEC?

Posted in the Opelousas Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Curious

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/us/alec-a-t...

Conservative Nonprofit Acts as a Stealth Business Lobbyist

Very interesting article. Is somewhat in line with what is going on in LA.

Why should we be worried? Because the Koch Bros' money is behind this. Lobbyist are worse than unions. Lobbyist end good paying Middle Class jobs and some of the freedoms America is all about.

To me this sounds like a CULT (a few rich white men trying to make decisions for all); no better than KKK. What do you think?
Facts

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

I do agree that lobbyist are a bunch of crooks,with that being said,I dont know if Mr.Jindal is a member of ALEC but i have met Mr. Jindal and think that he is a very good person. i do not think you have any right to try and associate him with the KKK.He is not even white in case you have not noticed.
Curious

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

Didn't say that he was part of the KKK. Said ALEC was no better than the KKK.

Read post again and you will see for yourself.

I have a legitimate concern about this. The Gov. of Wis., Ohio and others seem to be following the same pattern in their state's changes. What is really going on? There has been alot in the news about ALEC. Reports say Koch Bros. money behind this.

Why is the Legislature so interested in Charter Schools "For Profit"? Seems to me it's about corporate America taking over and controlling taxpayer concerns (school system). Corporate America is only interested in the profits; not the kids' education. Reminder: Gov't = taxpayers (no profits involved)

I guess by now you all know the voucher program will not be available to all kids. If you have a child with special needs and you want to send your child to a school that is not failing, you have to give up the Federal Requirement that the school provide for the special needs - only receive the mainstream education offered to ALL children at the private school (a way to attract the right kind, if you know what I mean). With Autism up, this seems like discrimination to me; how about you?

Feel stupid for keeping Jindal yet?

You too should have questions and concerns; or do you care? Need to see what else he will send thru the Legislature at record speed. Everyone says this is the type of thing Obama does. Think again, it's in your own backyard!

My best advice to you is "Don't shoot the messenger; learn all you can about ALEC". Arm yourself with knowledge.
ALEC News

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...

In August 2011, Governor Jindal spoke at a Plenary Luncheon at the 2011 American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) Annual Meeting, a luncheon sponsored by ALEC corporate member PhRMA. During the same annual meeting, he was also awarded ALEC's 2011 Thomas Jefferson Freedom Award.[1]

Click on link and read for yourself. You decide.
JidalAlert

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

http://www.katc.com/news/jindal-s-writing-on-...

Jindal's writing on exorcism gets new attention

How many knew about this?

http://www.newoxfordreview.org/article.jsp...

Physical Dimensions of Spiritual Warfare
JidalAlert

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

cajunfreak

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Curious wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04 /22/us/alec-a-tax-exempt-group -mixes-legislators-and-lobbyis ts.html?_r=1
Conservative Nonprofit Acts as a Stealth Business Lobbyist
Very interesting article. Is somewhat in line with what is going on in LA.
Why should we be worried? Because the Koch Bros' money is behind this. Lobbyist are worse than unions. Lobbyist end good paying Middle Class jobs and some of the freedoms America is all about.
To me this sounds like a CULT (a few rich white men trying to make decisions for all); no better than KKK. What do you think?
when a lib dont know e yells race card
Observer

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

cajunfreak wrote:
<quoted text>when a lib dont know e yells race card
What are you talking about? You don't make any sense. Do you even read?
JindalAlert

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/bobb...

Bobby Jindal School Voucher System Blasted As 'Destruction Of Education' By Religious Group

The section of this article that concerns me the most is the "lack of accountability" for these private schools.

I thought the education was suppose to be better. If there are NO standards, how will anyone know (until it is too late that is)?

FIX PUBLIC SCHOOLS! If Bobby Jindal doesn't have a clue, then he should step down and let someone who does!!!!
Transparency

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120916... |topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Exemption to Open Records Law is outrage

Is this a case of the law applies to you and NOT me?

Why all the secrecy? What are they really doing?
Jindal Alert

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/bobb...

Bobby Jindal: Birth Control Should Be Over-The-Counter

"As a conservative Republican, I believe that we have been stupid to let the Democrats demagogue the contraceptives issue and pretend, during debates about health-care insurance, that Republicans are somehow against birth control. It's a disingenuous political argument they make.
As an unapologetic pro-life Republican, I also believe that every adult (18 years old and over) who wants contraception should be able to purchase it. But anyone who has a religious objection to contraception should not be forced by government health-care edicts to purchase it for others"

I KNEW IT AND HE FINALLY ADMIT IT- "IT IS ALL ABOUT M-O-N-E-Y!!!!!

An argument made often by Repubs is "they don't want their money/taxes paying for contraceptives". When you have 98% of Repubs on contraceptives; whose taxes should pay for it?

Personally, I feel that this was just a campaign ploy that went wrong for the Repubs and they just don't know how to get out from behind it!

Bobby Jindal's comments go against women because women take/pay for birth control. If it were men, would he have made the same statement?
Jindal Alert

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20130111...

Reform idea: Swap income tax for sales tax

With cuts to eduation and heathcare and ALL THOSE exemptions to business out there; who would this HURT and who would this benfit?

Isn't state sales tax exemptions out of control?

If giving the store away didn't create a bunch of good jobs w/benefits; how will this?
Jindal Alert

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Sorry for the typos in last post, but when I type a post not all letters show up. Don't understand why.
Jindal Alert

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/10/bobb...

Bobby Jindal Proposes Ending Income Tax In Louisiana

"He did not confirm reports that he will seek an increase in sales taxes in order to offset lost income tax revenue, but said: "We want to keep the sales tax as low and flat as possible."

Political analyst John Maginnis, who on Thursday reported in his email newsletter LaPolitics Weekly that Jindal will propose balancing the tax loss by raising the sales tax, now at 4 percent, said the strategy fits with the governor's interest in keeping a high national profile."

ATTENTION GETTER?
Black Holes

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Curious wrote:
Didn't say that he was part of the KKK. Said ALEC was no better than the KKK.
Read post again and you will see for yourself.
I have a legitimate concern about this. The Gov. of Wis., Ohio and others seem to be following the same pattern in their state's changes. What is really going on? There has been alot in the news about ALEC. Reports say Koch Bros. money behind this.
Why is the Legislature so interested in Charter Schools "For Profit"? Seems to me it's about corporate America taking over and controlling taxpayer concerns (school system). Corporate America is only interested in the profits; not the kids' education. Reminder: Gov't = taxpayers (no profits involved)
I guess by now you all know the voucher program will not be available to all kids. If you have a child with special needs and you want to send your child to a school that is not failing, you have to give up the Federal Requirement that the school provide for the special needs - only receive the mainstream education offered to ALL children at the private school (a way to attract the right kind, if you know what I mean). With Autism up, this seems like discrimination to me; how about you?
Feel stupid for keeping Jindal yet?
You too should have questions and concerns; or do you care? Need to see what else he will send thru the Legislature at record speed. Everyone says this is the type of thing Obama does. Think again, it's in your own backyard!
My best advice to you is "Don't shoot the messenger; learn all you can about ALEC". Arm yourself with knowledge.
He is part of the Black Panthers and the NAACP. Do not worry, all is well!
UnFair

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/13/inco...

Income Tax Could Be Eliminated By Many Republican-Controlled States

We just get some of the inequality in Fed. Inc. Tax rates fixed and now Jindal (and other Govs.) want to screw up by eliminating State Inc/Corp. taxes and replace with higher sales tax rate.

Keep in mind food, clothing, entainment, cars will go up. Keep in mind new construction of homes business bldgs. will go up too. Taxes are paid at time material is purchased and then profit is calculated on top of that. This is a direct assault on the poor and middle class.(Businesses would continue to get sales tax exemptions.)

When will Jindal understand, you cannot get blood from a tunip. Texas, like Mexico, has Rich/Poor people; a shrinking middle class (turning poor)!

Why would we want to follow Texas (in top 10 poorest states)? We would be worse off because Texas has the energy industry to support them. Remember, oil cos. left LA in the 90's to go to Texas. Rick Perry brags about job creation, but as reported several months ago, low wage no benefit jobs for Mexican immigrants. Is this what we want? Low wage with no benefits and become a prison state - bring on the promo commericals now!
PAR speaks

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

http://www.katc.com/news/par-raises-concerns-...

PAR raises concerns about Jindal tax swap plan

My concern is, "why hasn't LA gotten control of internet sales taxes due"?

How much are we not collecting? People will not pay on the honor system; human nature. NEED TO COLLECT AT TIME OF PURCHASE.

There should be a Federal Law requiring all internet sales be taxed (sales) and turned over to the state and the state send Parish/towns their share. It is the right thing to do!
For Or Against Sales Tax

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Are you for or against raising the sales tax in lieu of Income / Corporate tax?

Based on the lmited info being provided; there would be a low sales tax rate to start (possibly a credit for poor people) and they may go after your property exemption. Isn't Barfield getting paid a double salary to come up with this?

Seems like it would shift the burden to the working poor and Middle Class (keep in mind, Repubs in Congress want to do away with the mortgage interest deduction).

Texas has this and even with the energy segment, it is STILL one of the poorest states in the union (top ten).
Jindal Alert

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Bobby Jindal said "the GOP needs to STOP being the STUPID party".

The first step to recovery is admitting the problem. Good for him!!

My concern however, why did he campaign so hard for the "STUPID"?

Why did he wait until after STUPID lost to come out against STUPID and STUPID policies?

Something smells here!
ScaryThought

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Was Bobby Jindal's comment about "GOP needs to stop being the Stupid Party" his first step to becomming a Democrat?

Has he seen the light?

Can he be saved?

Stay Tunned!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Opelousas Discussions

Search the Opelousas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bashing The Poor 5 hr Some1 Else 27
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 15 hr Red Dodge Pickup 2,113
Manager Church Hill Aprtments Sat Buttercup 14
Mexicans in CP Sat Americana 30
Carrier or Carriere family reunion Fri biddy 1
Union Tank Car Apr 17 vp 16
church point sonic (Sep '13) Apr 17 not interested 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Opelousas Jobs

•••
•••