Alabama news links: No permanent rais...

Alabama news links: No permanent raises at Auburn; man dies in...

There are 4 comments on the The Mobile Register Online story from Sep 27, 2010, titled Alabama news links: No permanent raises at Auburn; man dies in.... In it, The Mobile Register Online reports that:

For the third straight year, faculty and staff at Auburn University will not receive a permanent salary increase, though some employees will get a bump up in pay before Christmas, the Opelika-Auburn News reports .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mobile Register Online.

Jimbo

Auburn University, AL

#1 Sep 27, 2010
Of course its percentage based. So the useless professors who make 100K for sitting on their asses will walk away with a big bonus. And the low-level people (that actually work) get screwed. Rich get richer.

“Dont tell me my dress is black”

Since: Nov 09

Pig, KY

#2 Sep 27, 2010
You call 100K rich? Really, that's just upper middle-class, if that.

I understand your sentiment, but 100K per year does not make a person rich by any means. Many house hold incomes in Auburn are 100K/yr and they live in small homes, drive regular well-used cars, and dress conservatively in clothes from Wal-Mart. I guess it's how you take care of your money, but I think rich is a little far fetched.

I wouldn't call someone who spent eight years of their life devoted to learning and research to attain a high degree "useless". It's business and tell the people who major in their fields that they're useless.

If you want to complain about salary, I think that Chizik and Taylor both are living far too well. I think their salaries should be capped at 200K. If you cannot live well on that amount, something is wrong with you.
45ACP

Wetumpka, AL

#3 Sep 27, 2010
Ape Linkon wrote:
I understand your sentiment, but 100K per year does not make a person rich by any means. Many house hold incomes in Auburn are 100K/yr and they live in small homes, drive regular well-used cars, and dress conservatively in clothes from Wal-Mart. I guess it's how you take care of your money, but I think rich is a little far fetched.
I wouldn't call someone who spent eight years of their life devoted to learning and research to attain a high degree "useless". It's business and tell the people who major in their fields that they're useless.
If you want to complain about salary, I think that Chizik and Taylor both are living far too well. I think their salaries should be capped at 200K. If you cannot live well on that amount, something is wrong with you.
I agree. People need to live within thier means.
Finkle and Einhorn

Auburn, AL

#4 Sep 27, 2010
Ape Linkon wrote:
I didnt mean to imply 100k was rich. I just meant that professors who work 4 hours a day take enough money out of the university. There is a reason I make 15% of what they make in spite of the fact that I work harder and more than they ever could. If I could talk to a crowd without pissing myself, things would be different I guess :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opelika Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
#Legit #pain n #anxiety meds Jun 24 Auburn delivery 1
Hastings the only used book & CD store in Auburn? Jun 7 Will Dockery 1
mud shark alert May '15 ttj650 1
best child custody lawyer ?? May '15 guest 1
Debate: Marijuana - Opelika, AL (Sep '10) May '15 HateSeizures 8
News Setting the record straight on Matthis Chiroux (Nov '10) May '15 Stacey McWilliams 2
The Grove Apr '15 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Opelika People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Opelika Mortgages