Lee County: Hate crime allegations

Lee County: Hate crime allegations

There are 96 comments on the www2.wrbl.com story from Feb 4, 2011, titled Lee County: Hate crime allegations. In it, www2.wrbl.com reports that:

Allegations of a hate crime in Lee County are stirring questions about an Alabama law that reads like hate crime legislation. That law target crimes motivated by a victim's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, or physical or mental ability (Alabama Criminal Code Title 13A-5-13). Despite a federal amendment by President Barack Obama, Alabama's law does not include sexual orientation. Nonetheless, Sheriff Jay Jones says his deputies are trained to report hate bias anyway, but that is not what happened Saturday night after a gay woman was beaten outside The Villa off Highway 169 in Opelika, according to police reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www2.wrbl.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
materman

Valley, AL

#81 Feb 16, 2011
woodcutterwrong fell out of a cluless tree and hit every limb on the way down. He really thinks he's making sense. Pitiful, really, really pitiful.
woodcutterron

Valley, AL

#82 Feb 17, 2011
Hey Materman .... You've clearly considered your position to a great depth, heheh. "hit every branch on the way down" ....I laughed when I heard that ...in 1973.
materman

Valley, AL

#83 Feb 17, 2011
woodcutterron wrote:
Hey Materman .... You've clearly considered your position to a great depth, heheh. "hit every branch on the way down" ....I laughed when I heard that ...in 1973.
Really? I didn't laugh until I heard you did it. That was funny.
woodcutterron

Valley, AL

#84 Feb 17, 2011
materman wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I didn't laugh until I heard you did it. That was funny.
Another well considered and insightful post from Materman ...Wow!
materman

Valley, AL

#85 Feb 17, 2011
woodcutterron wrote:
<quoted text>
Another well considered and insightful post from Materman ...Wow!
Guess what, Sparky? The only person on Topix that gives a rip what you think is you. That sound you hear is not applause, it's crickets. Yawn.
woodcutterron

Valley, AL

#86 Feb 17, 2011
Awww, Materman, how quaint. You keep taking time to post even though you don't give a rip. Well maybe not so much "quaint" as it is "angry and weird."

Very well considered though ....heheheheheh.
materman

Valley, AL

#87 Feb 19, 2011
woodcutterron wrote:
Awww, Materman, how quaint. You keep taking time to post even though you don't give a rip. Well maybe not so much "quaint" as it is "angry and weird."
Very well considered though ....heheheheheh.
You're calline me weird? Now that is weird, coming from the king of the internet wacko trolls.

You should thank me for even acknowleging your pathetic existence. What a loser.

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Some of us actually have a life besides annoying other people online.
Woodcutterron

Valley, AL

#88 Feb 20, 2011
Another bit of well considered wisdom and philosophy by the saintly and wise Materman . . . . even if it was pretty angry and weird.
PAUL KERSEY

Wichita, KS

#89 Feb 23, 2011
AND ALL OF YOU WOULD JUST SIT AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ,IF YOU WERE TO MEET IN Denny`s, tough talk , hiding be hind computer.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#90 Feb 23, 2011
If I were in Denny's, it would be because I had been dragged there at gunpoint. And i have no problem saying what I wish to say in public, regardless of the place.
PAUL KERSEY wrote:
AND ALL OF YOU WOULD JUST SIT AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ,IF YOU WERE TO MEET IN Denny`s, tough talk , hiding be hind computer.
Woodcutterron

Valley, AL

#91 Feb 23, 2011
I agree with Cpeter.

“I am happy”

Since: Jul 08

St. Petersburg, FL

#92 Feb 24, 2011
cpeter1313 wrote:
If I were in Denny's, it would be because I had been dragged there at gunpoint. And i have no problem saying what I wish to say in public, regardless of the place.
<quoted text>
Yeah, the heterosexuals or the confused have some rather low standards. Denny's, please...... I will go to Skyway Jacks before I would head to Denny's. We do have some level of class. LOL

“I am happy”

St. Petersburg, FL

#93 Feb 24, 2011
materman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're calline me weird? Now that is weird, coming from the king of the internet wacko trolls.
You should thank me for even acknowleging your pathetic existence. What a loser.
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Some of us actually have a life besides annoying other people online.
Would it simply be better if we called you "strange"? Weird tends to strike a cord of being somewhat neurotic with some level of homicidal tendencies.

I really hope I did not use long words on you because you are stating that you are ACKNOWLEDGING (spelling mistake corrected that you made) another unregistered member of the message board..... Are you seriously for real with this stuff or are you just trying to incite some level of emotion?

“I am happy”

St. Petersburg, FL

#94 Feb 24, 2011
PAUL KERSEY wrote:
You have obviously been in a bar room fight before..... Let me gather, you have been kicked in the nuts while in the said fight? I do not have to hide behind anything or anyone, but you coming to an online message board, stating you want a fight or some level of confrontation, only tells me you are the one hiding behind the computer.
materman

Columbus, GA

#95 Mar 18, 2011
StevenFL wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it simply be better if we called you "strange"? Weird tends to strike a cord of being somewhat neurotic with some level of homicidal tendencies.
I really hope I did not use long words on you because you are stating that you are ACKNOWLEDGING (spelling mistake corrected that you made) another unregistered member of the message board..... Are you seriously for real with this stuff or are you just trying to incite some level of emotion?
While you're checking spelling, brainiac, check your use of the word "cord." That GED will trip you up everytime.

How many names are you posting under now? Your every remark is increasingly lame and silly.

“I am happy”

St. Petersburg, FL

#96 Mar 18, 2011
materman wrote:
<quoted text>
While you're checking spelling, brainiac, check your use of the word "cord." That GED will trip you up everytime.
How many names are you posting under now? Your every remark is increasingly lame and silly.
Only one handle is all I need. Why would I need more? I am not a troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opelika Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help Needed: Missing Person in Auburn Aug 25 RANDYrandy 2
looking for a family for Christmas (Nov '14) Aug 22 Ryan McLeod 6
Thinking about moving to Auburn Aug 22 RANDYrandy 3
News Lawnmower Lady' receiving new ride on Tuesday Aug 2 Dell Gamble 1
News Here is a real-life hero Jul 29 Dell Gamble 1
Running for Sheriff Jul '16 Tommy Mangham 1
free food!! Jul '16 Misty White 1

Opelika Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance