Dozens arrested in Rogers County drug...

Dozens arrested in Rogers County drug sweep

There are 17 comments on the Tulsa World story from Jan 13, 2011, titled Dozens arrested in Rogers County drug sweep. In it, Tulsa World reports that:

A total of 64 people were arrested Thursday in a large warrant sweep in Rogers County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tulsa World.

Since: Apr 08

Mission Viejo, CA

#1 Jan 13, 2011
Good luck! They are not nice in Oklohoma.
Guess Not

United States

#2 Jan 14, 2011
I guess if you think putting people in jail for dealing and/or possessing dope in Oklahoma is not being nice then I guess Oklahoma is unfriendly. If you are tired of the dopers breaking into your house and car, robbing you at gunpoint, or all of the other crimes they engage in to support your habit, then you will join us in celebrating this effort. Only wish it would have been done many months ago.....not sure what took so long but better late than never.
Report the Facts

United States

#3 Jan 14, 2011
While this was a great effort, with fantastic results, many of us heard the Rogers County sheriff reporting, on many media outlets, how this operation did this and did that, leading us to believe that the RCSO was the driving force in the effort. Now the Progress reports the true facts that the Claremore PD was the agency that did all the work and generated all the warrants. How many warrants were generated by the RCSO? Seems that Walton is at his grandstanding best when other agencies do great work and he can get his face and voice onto the media, after the fact! We have crime like this out in the county, just waiting for someone to care!!
Hoot

Palestine, TX

#4 Jan 14, 2011
Guess they should have called it "Operation Walton"
Whatever

Cleburne, TX

#6 Jan 16, 2011
Doesn't matter. Your dumb boyfriend sold drugs to law enforcement. You do the crime you do the time. Its really not all that hard to understand. You don't like the Law move out of the country. Go play in Mexico with the big boys. You will find little sympathy here....
common sense

United States

#7 Jan 16, 2011
If you notice it was a combined effort from investigator singer clpd and daniels rcso. Then take into account the sheriffs office has to manage housing all of these offenders. If you dont like Walton fine but don't misrepresent facts.
interesting

United States

#8 Jan 17, 2011
common sense wrote:
If you notice it was a combined effort from investigator singer clpd and daniels rcso. Then take into account the sheriffs office has to manage housing all of these offenders. If you dont like Walton fine but don't misrepresent facts.
Lets just hope that daniels did everything by the book. Heard he was not known for being the most honest guy in the world. It catches up with ya eventually.
common sense

United States

#9 Jan 17, 2011
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets just hope that daniels did everything by the book. Heard he was not known for being the most honest guy in the world. It catches up with ya eventually.
You guys are ridiculous. These men and women put their life on the line everyday and to not be able to show any more appreciation than this is simply sad. Walton has done a good job ridding departments of bad officers from his own, to chelsea, to catoosa. Why not just say law enforcement all involved did a great job.
Yeah right

United States

#10 Jan 17, 2011
Bad officers would mean what? No one is dismissing the efforts of the men and women involved in the arrests. Just saying sometimes people don't always go about things the right way and that makes law enforcement as a whole look bad when that happens. Kudos to all the Honest officers out there.
Really

United States

#11 Jan 17, 2011
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are ridiculous. These men and women put their life on the line everyday and to not be able to show any more appreciation than this is simply sad. Walton has done a good job ridding departments of bad officers from his own, to chelsea, to catoosa. Why not just say law enforcement all involved did a great job.
You say "Walton has done a good job of ridding departments of bad officers." Really?? Was it Walton's office that conducted the investigations at Catoosa and Chelsea? If so, I'd like to see proof of that. As far as his own office, who knows what goes on there because there is no transparency at all. It is all a big secret. All of the law enforcement agencies involved in this warrant sweep did a great job. They effected the arrests without injury to the suspects or officers. But when Walton starts taking credit for the operation, which was nearly totally centered inside the city limits of Claremore, that is ridiculous!!
Did not see

United States

#12 Jan 17, 2011
common sense wrote:
I did not see, in Scott Walton's "prepared statement" that he released to the tv, radio and newspaper media, him saying a thing about an officer from Claremore, or one of his own deputies being the person(s) who worked so hard to generate these warrants. What I heard him say, which was in print, was that he was so proud of the efforts of the RCSO, Claremore PD, OHP and other agengies. I guess the Claremore learned a valuble lesson about trusting others to make media releases. Claremore PD did an outstanding job.
What

Orlando, FL

#13 Jan 17, 2011
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow so we need to give credit for Walton for all the work? Gotta say, FUNNY...
Ridiculous

United States

#14 Jan 17, 2011
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
What is ridiculous is to try and paint Scott Walton as the wonderful law enforcement officer that Rogers County should sing praises to. Scott is a nice guy and fun to be around, but when it comes to proactive and hard nose police work, that is not him. He has been in office nearly two years and has done nothing other than ride the coat tails of other agencies and try to paint their successes as his own. Ridiculous......I do agree.....ridiculous to think that Mr. Walton had much of a part, if any, with this long and complex investigation.
How come

United States

#15 Jan 18, 2011
If there was an RCSO deputy involved in the undercover purchases of drugs during this long investigation, how come there not more warrants generated outside the city limits of Claremore? You would think that at least 50% of the arrests would have occurred out in the county. Were there no targets in the county? Or was it just much easier to stay in town with the Claremore PD and get some media time while doing it?
Very Good Question

United States

#16 Jan 20, 2011
Yes, why weren't there more arrests made in Rogers County? Why is it only Claremore? Why does the SHeriff allow his personnel to wirk with Claremore and not focus on Rogers Couty as a whole. I mean the guy works for Rogers County then he should do his job for ROgers County.
yourworstnightma re

Cedar Rapids, IA

#17 Dec 6, 2012
Ya u don't have room to talk Daniels seating people up who don't deal and used people that new your snitch and didn't like her even when the victims u setup the one's that u pushed into it knowing they aren't dealing after watching them go to neighbors to get your dope no the truth no means no and scaring them into doing what u want so u can be Mister big shot is not how the law works. Guess u mist that part of the academy and having your snitch supply u to go distribute out of some good persons eclipse for your pocket um now I think about it nobody got arrested for purchasing from a so called undercover. U don't tell the people u intraped that u sold a lot of dope out of there car if it wasn't for that so called badge. U were I would put u were cops like that deserve plus the ass kicking they need. Google criminal law and procedure that's how u enforce the law we should get togather I could show u the right way to enforce. U don't deserve that badge.
yourworstnightma re

Cedar Rapids, IA

#18 Dec 6, 2012
The truth about Daniels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oologah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LONNIE LAMB LEGAL SERVICE : DEFENDER OF ALL NAZ... Aug 18 CALL SOON 1
Women at home depot Aug 15 Anonymous 1
Buck Sumner (Feb '17) Jul '17 Jason 2
Women at blue Starr liquor Jul '17 Scott 1
Rogers County is a bad, bad, bad place to raise... (Sep '08) May '17 jwu 122
Claremore Music Thread (May '12) May '17 Musikologist 206
ISO Non political church May '17 Investigator 1

Oologah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance