Missing Persons Cases Not Easily Solved

Full story: News on 6 Tulsa

The missing person investigation of Cori Baker has gotten a lot of attention lately.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bob

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

Sad :(
Carla

Mountain View, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

Well said Bob.:(
Remembering

Owasso, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

Does anyone remember Francine Frost? She vanished from a grocery store parking lot (I think the one at 21st and Memorial) in Tulsa around 1980 or so. Her car door was left open, as if someone had dragged her out of the car. As far as I've heard, no trace was ever found of her.
Lin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

Judged:

Always the women! We prattle on about women in third world countries having no human rights, and look at how we allow our women to be victimized in the US, we need to shut up, we are not fit to judge others, we don't have that right as long as women and girls are being victimized in this country in this way.
Carla Davis

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

This is my mom. I have grown up not knowing what happened to her. So have my siblings. The man in prison they think might have something to do with my mother's disappearance is in Indiana, NOT COLORADO. It would be nice if all of the family was involved in this and not just part. Since some of these facts are wrong. Back in 1976 the article in the paper said she had 2 kids, brown eyes,...so many reporting mistakes and investigation mistakes...
In 1976 they showed a picture of my mother when she was 18, She was 29 when she disappeared...what since does that make?

A BIT DISGRUNTLED RIGHT NOW FOR BEING LEFT OUT OF THE LOOP...
Carla

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

OH YEAH, HER EYES WERE GREEN:)
Tonya Davis

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

I AM THE 42 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER OF "LINDA DAVIS".
BELIEVE ME IT IS HARD NOT KNOWING, GROWING UP WITHOUT MY MOTHER ALL OF THESE YEARS. PEOPLE NEED TO STOP AND THINK ABOUT THE EFFECT IT HAS ON CHILDREN AND HOW IT CAN STILL EFFECT THEM YEARS AFTER THEY ARE GROWN. I HAVE SPENT MOST OF MY TEENAGE YEARS LOOKING AT THE FACES OF PEOPLE, LOOKING FOR MY MOM. NO-MATTER WHERE MY MOM IS OR WHAT HAPPENED NO-ONE WILL EVER TAKE AWAY THE LOVE I HAVE FOR HER OR MY MEMORIES.
Betty Brown

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Carla and Tonya Davis I am going to try to contact you. We have talked to Claremore and we are looking for you to try to help you. Please contact me at jbrown058@triad.rr.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

Bbrown
Tulsa-Mom

Clayton, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Betty Brown wrote:
Carla and Tonya Davis I am going to try to contact you. We have talked to Claremore and we are looking for you to try to help you. Please contact me at jbrown058@triad.rr.com
Hope to hear from you soon.
Bbrown
Just curious...how do you think you can help them?? I certainly hope you can.
OCCI

Angleton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

It is what she does. Cold case investigations. The case is being reviewed at this minute. If you know either lady it would be nice if you informed them of the request from Betty
betty brown

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

We have been intouch with Linda Davis daughter Carla and are working with her now. I hate to say that Tonya has passed away in 2008. Since talking with Carla she has been back intouch with Claremore and DNA test will be done soon, Also Claremore has vowed to work on Linda's case this year.OKC has 100 unidentified bodies since 1972 that they are either going to rule in or out as possible matches to Linda Davis. If she has been found we will help her id her.

We like to let anyone with a missing love one know that you have resoures avaible to them. You just need to know where to and who to push to get them. If anyone needs our help please pass my info on.

Thank You
Betty
ViCAP

Sand Springs, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

The ViCAP system/database is a system administered by the FBI at their headquarters in Virginia. Along with files from unsolved homicides, the system also contains files on missing persons. An investigating agency can complete the ViCAP reporting booklet on their case and submit the files for inclusion in the ViCAP database. The files can and do include DNA and other identifiers for the missing subjects. When, and if, there are possible sightings of the missing persons, or if an unidentified body is located, this system can be searched and there have been many missing person cases solved by matching up the body to the ViCAP files. You will have to go through the OSBI to try and access this system, because Rogers County Sheriff's Office, do my knowledge, has never participated. I know the Tulsa Police Department has. Hope this helps....
Cold Cases

Sand Springs, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

Colds cases are tough at best. Especially when the original law enforcement agency did not conduct a good original investigation. A cold case investigator must disect the original case file and begin again, with no preconceived notions about what happened to the missing person. You also work a missing person case like there is a homicide/foul play involved, because then you will have a good base for someone else, in the future, to come back in and work the case if new info is discovered. A poor original investigation will make the cold case investigation a very difficult, if not impossible, task at best. I hope this helps....been there and done that so I know how you are feeling.
betty brown

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Thanks for all your info. As of right now OKC cold case has found some files on Linda's case and has sent them to Claremore. Medical Examiers office is working on this too they have narrowered Jane Doe to about 15. Let hope that with today knowledge that was not around in 1976 that we can get justices for Linda.

Betty
Joy Frangiosa

Jenks, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

Dear Tonya I'm so pleased to meet you. I have been in touch with the Claremore police in a attack that happened to me and the Detectives have been actively still looking for your moms attacker. The description matched someone of interest in a couple of murders with similar circumstances. I think of your Mom all the time when I check on how far they have gotten on the cold cases. You may contact me anytime.
Joy Frangiosa

Jenks, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

I just read that Tonya died. So sorry to hear that. I'm at this moment talking with Detectives in Claremore about Linda Davis and Laura longs cold cases. I'm involved because of a attack on me several years ago and that the description matches a person of interest in these cases. I'd be honored to talk with Carla. Her Mom has been on my mind in my heart for many years.
Joy Frangiosa

Claremore, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Carla Davis wrote:
This is my mom. I have grown up not knowing what happened to her. So have my siblings. The man in prison they think might have something to do with my mother's disappearance is in Indiana, NOT COLORADO. It would be nice if all of the family was involved in this and not just part. Since some of these facts are wrong. Back in 1976 the article in the paper said she had 2 kids, brown eyes,...so many reporting mistakes and investigation mistakes...
In 1976 they showed a picture of my mother when she was 18, She was 29 when she disappeared...what since does that make?
A BIT DISGRUNTLED RIGHT NOW FOR BEING LEFT OUT OF THE LOOP...
Dear Carla I have been in touch with Claremore police. i was attacked in the late 60's and i feel in my heart the attacker is involved in these murders of your mom and Laura long. I worked with Tim Norris and he felt my description matched a person of interest in your moms case and laura longs case. I go to Claremore every fall and think about your Mom and Laura they have occupied my mind an heart for a very long time.Please contact me. Lots of things are falling into my lap and I'm taking all info to the Claremore Police. I will let you know what i find out.
Have to work it

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

You have to work the missing person case before it can be solved. The RCSO has a reputation of sticking their head in the sand when it comes to missing persons cases. The young man found dead in the Oolagah Lake area was proof of that. The RCSO did nothing....said he had run off. But when people started talking about facts of a homicide, they had to do something. Found his body and then suddenly the RCSO had a solved case and a homicide charge. Guess what...they didn't do a damn thing on this case. But this is par for the course with the last administration, with Jerry Prather, and Scott Walton is carrying on that wonderful tradition.....
That is right

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

A fella I know reported his live-in missing and was very impressed with the deputy visiting him every day and discussing the case with him.

I asked this fella if he knew what the deputy was up to. What do you mean. Well the deputy is recording everything you say so that when your girlfriend shows up dead, he can point out the discrepancies in your statements and will be able to put you in the penitentiary. They are not looking for your girlfriend. They already have their murder suspect. You.
LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

That is right wrote:
A fella I know reported his live-in missing and was very impressed with the deputy visiting him every day and discussing the case with him.
I asked this fella if he knew what the deputy was up to. What do you mean. Well the deputy is recording everything you say so that when your girlfriend shows up dead, he can point out the discrepancies in your statements and will be able to put you in the penitentiary. They are not looking for your girlfriend. They already have their murder suspect. You.
Damn! That is funny! So who do you think this woman ran off with? OR do you really beleive everything you hear?? Whatever. You can't help the stupid...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oologah Discussions

Search the Oologah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 4 min Packing Heat 71,036
Claremore Music Thread (May '12) Jul 18 Musikologist 201
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Jul 17 Jose 2,590
Owasso teen 2006 (Jun '09) Jul 10 Sam 3
Hall of Fame high school basketball coach Mark ... Jul 1 Linda Dunn Beltz 1
Cherokees to assist CDIB card applicants (Apr '08) Jun 23 Patricia 117
Who's Watching The Tower (May '09) Jun '14 Dave Morris California 6
•••
•••
•••
Oologah Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Oologah Jobs