Two Dead in Eastern Oregon Plane Crash

Jan 30, 2011 Full story: KSAW 51

Two people are dead following a plane crash near Adrian, Oregon. According FAA Communications Manager Ian Gregor, a single engine Cessna 182 took off from the Nampa airport Saturday and stopped in Ontario, Oregon, before taking off again around 8 p.m. Saturday en route to Portland, Oregon.

Full Story
Larisa

Lexington, KY

#1 Jan 30, 2011
When saying "dead" it is very important to know what lead you to conclude so, bc. if it's not indicated we assume that you're assuming it looking at the site of the crash. ps. in other cases people might have been out of the airplane on the parashute prior to the crash (which is what I was really hoping for in this case). Please take a note of this. All other posts have same problem.
Amazed

Houston, TX

#2 Jan 30, 2011
Larisa wrote:
When saying "dead" it is very important to know what lead you to conclude so, bc. if it's not indicated we assume that you're assuming it looking at the site of the crash. ps. in other cases people might have been out of the airplane on the parashute prior to the crash (which is what I was really hoping for in this case). Please take a note of this. All other posts have same problem.
Just put the pipe down and back away.
real pilot

Mccall, ID

#3 Jan 31, 2011
Larisa wrote:
So, how many people do you know that carry parachutes in a 182?????
stall_out

Irvine, CA

#4 Apr 1, 2011
I never thought of that one. seems like you would get more bang for your buck requiring commercial jet passengers to carry parachutes. In case of an emergency everyone clips up and starts shuffling to the door for an orderly drop. In a small plane like this cessna you can't stand up which would make it hard to get over grandma's lap to get the 'h' out plus all the screaming and plunging would be off putting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) 20 hr Will he 207
eagle pass texas Sep 8 el checo del aguilon 1
OR Who do you support for Treasurer in Oregon in 2... (Oct '10) Mar '14 whatdoudo 19
Vale community safety (Jan '14) Jan '14 TerrellDSida 1
dreadlocks. anyone know? (Oct '13) Oct '13 long hair 1
Judge William Adams (Aug '13) Aug '13 Fred 1
Warning shot, pepper spray used to break up fig... (Nov '11) Jun '13 Connie 11

Ontario Jobs

Ontario People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ontario News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ontario

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]