Eastern Oregon Wants Episcopal Church to allow Communion without Baptism

Mar 27, 2012 | Posted by: Joe DeCaro | Full story: www.virtueonline.org

If the Diocese of Eastern Oregon has its way and a resolution it presents to the next General Convention to change the Constitution and Canons and the Prayer Book to "invite all to Holy Communion, "regardless of age, denomination or baptism" ...

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 90 of90
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Can reptiles marry? Isn't that against the law. Serpents getting married. WOW - It simply boggles the mind.
Yes, Fred Phelps and his ilk marry. Bigots are free to reproduce.

There really should be a law.....

:-)

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
There a few orthodox parishes still in TEC. Most of them in South Carolina under Bishop Lawrence. In Western NC, there are still a few hold outs.
No strange priests do not show up to preach, but they are in the process of calling a new priest. An orthodox congregation must be wary of "wolves in sheep's clothing." Ken would fit this description.
What does a doctor try to do? A doctor tries to heal the sick. Jesus can heal sinners but repentance is required.
Repentance is the treatment that Jesus prescribes but you in TEC don't like to take your medicine.
YAWN.

What?

Did you say something that isn't judgmental?

No?

Acuser..........

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear T McCabe,
Keep yankin' their chains. Its actually good for them to be reminded of their hypocritical bigotry, institutionally conducted in the name of Christ Jesus, and as they claim, with His full support and approval.
But, be careful not to give yourself blisters and don't get bit.
Listen, once I saw Marlin Perkins and his sidekick, Jim, on Mutual of Omaha's "Wild Kingdom." They were in the Everglades and had roped - lassoed - a black bear in about waist deep water.
They had two ropes on it and Perkins was yankin' from the East and Jim was yankin' from the West. The bear weighed about 350-400 lbs. and was all the two of them could handle. The camerman was helpless to do anything except shoot the melee'.
Every time Perkins would yank, the bear would turn on him and start a rampage through the water, with Perkins falling down and mucking away and the bear threatening to get over him!
But, then, Jim would plant his feet in the muck and yank as hard as he could the other way, just barely saving Perkin's muddy bottom from being shredded by the angry brute. Whereupon the beast would feel the yank and get royally pissed and turn around to see who was yanking!
Then it would turn and clamor for Jim's sorry butt! And just before Jim, stumbling through the swamp, would become the recipient of the bear's wrath, Perkins would give a solid yank.
The bear would curse and then turn around and charge Perkins!
This went on for nearly five minutes!
It was so funny, I thought I would split a gut. But, really, what they were doing in trying to calm that bear to get it tied off and tagged was very, very dangerous. Perkins and Jim both supplied a commentary and narrative that was dubbed over the original film with sound, telling of how they were both very worried that they would wear down before the bear did. Fortunately, they won and could laugh about it later.
But, they were both lucky and being friends, made light of it knowing full well that each had been entrusted with the other's life.
So, here's my suggestion, dear Friend,
Have a Happy Easter and keep enough rope between yourself and the bear and I'll do the same on my side. Then, let MW, GayMom, Dances, Snyper and a few others get a lasso on it, too.
Everybody, Tie your end off and take an Easter Break.
Happy Easter!
Rev. Ken
One of my favorite dogs in the whole world was a Pit Bull that loved me totally. I nver once full trusted him and was always careful with and near him. He woul nip at his owner but he never did that to me. I hear you.

Enjoy this Night of Nights. Let us stand in the Light that never dies and shines Forever!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

Judged:

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
You married didn't you? There is the answer to your question.
But I married another human who is now asleep in death.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

Judged:

T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
But I married another human who is now asleep in death.
Since we both know that you don't believe the Bible, how do you know your significant other is just sleeping?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we both know that you don't believe the Bible, how do you know your significant other is just sleeping?
How crass of you.

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do the dead go joline?

You CLAIM to 'believe' the Bible but you follow none of it.

Pharisee and accuser, who needs God, we have you. Who needs evil, we have you..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I have faith. Just like I do that you are actually a human being despite your comments and behavior.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have faith ...
In what?
In who?
You?

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
In what?
In who?
You?
LOL!

What a tool, a broken tool at that......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 90 of90
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ontario Discussions

Search the Ontario Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 3 What is 201
OR Who do you support for Treasurer in Oregon in 2... (Oct '10) Mar '14 whatdoudo 19
Vale community safety Jan '14 TerrellDSida 1
dreadlocks. anyone know? (Oct '13) Oct '13 long hair 1
Judge William Adams (Aug '13) Aug '13 Fred 1
Warning shot, pepper spray used to break up fig... (Nov '11) Jun '13 Connie 11
Any Pizza Hut employees in Ontario who have had... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Serious Money 1
•••

Fire Warning for Malheur County was issued at July 22 at 3:18PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Ontario Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ontario People Search