Eastern Oregon Wants Episcopal Church to allow Communion without Baptism

Mar 27, 2012 | Posted by: Joe DeCaro | Full story: www.virtueonline.org

If the Diocese of Eastern Oregon has its way and a resolution it presents to the next General Convention to change the Constitution and Canons and the Prayer Book to "invite all to Holy Communion, "regardless of age, denomination or baptism" ...

Comments
1 - 20 of 90 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Judged:

from virtueonline:

"Eastern Oregon, at its 2010 diocesan Convention, ratified the resolution for submission to General Convention. It would delete from the Constitution and Canons of The Episcopal Church Canon 1.17.7, which says,'No unbaptized person shall be eligible to receive Holy Communion in this church" ...

"The Diocese of Eastern Oregon, which includes all of Oregon east of the Cascade Mountains as well as Klickitat County in Washington State, includes 22 parishes and about 2,600 Episcopalians.

"It is clear that in their desperate desire to grow the church or stall the present hemorrhaging, the concept of 'inclusion' is being expanded beyond changes in the church's teaching on human sexuality to include anyone who passes through the red doors of an Episcopal Church ..."
Think Again

Farmville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
from virtueonline:
"Eastern Oregon, at its 2010 diocesan Convention, ratified the resolution for submission to General Convention. It would delete from the Constitution and Canons of The Episcopal Church Canon 1.17.7, which says,'No unbaptized person shall be eligible to receive Holy Communion in this church" ...
"The Diocese of Eastern Oregon, which includes all of Oregon east of the Cascade Mountains as well as Klickitat County in Washington State, includes 22 parishes and about 2,600 Episcopalians.
"It is clear that in their desperate desire to grow the church or stall the present hemorrhaging, the concept of 'inclusion' is being expanded beyond changes in the church's teaching on human sexuality to include anyone who passes through the red doors of an Episcopal Church ..."
Wow, 22 parishes with only 2600 people. That is 118 per parish. We average that at anyone of our three services.

Maybe they should try preaching the Gospel the way it is intended to be preached and stop with the promotion of pan-sexuality and the come as you are stay as you are mentality.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Think Again wrote:
... Maybe they should try preaching the Gospel the way it is intended to be preached and stop with the promotion of pan-sexuality and the come as you are stay as you are mentality.
It's an altar call without any committment to Christ.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an altar call without any committment to Christ.
We don't have altar calls and neither do the romans.

It's sharing a meal and ALL ARE INVITED AND ALL ARE WELCOME.

I have faith in Jesus and what He taught.

You two keep trying to one up Him and claim all must be perfect before approaching Him.

Very telling..........

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, 22 parishes with only 2600 people. That is 118 per parish. We average that at anyone of our three services.
Maybe they should try preaching the Gospel the way it is intended to be preached and stop with the promotion of pan-sexuality and the come as you are stay as you are mentality.
pan-sexuality?????????

LMFJAO!

You just get more and more desperate and absurd.

RUN TRY AGAIN, THE SKY IS FALLING..........

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

TEC Book of Commmon Prayer: Holy Eucharist I

Come unto me, all ye that travail and are heavy laden, and I will refresh you. Matthew 11:28

And from other sources.

Feed my sheep.

Luke 15

The Parable of the Lost Sheep

1 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. 2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered,“This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says,‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

AND

John 21:16-18
New International Version (NIV)

16 Again Jesus said,“Simon son of John, do you love me?”

He answered,“Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said,“Take care of my sheep.”

17 The third time he said to him,“Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time,“Do you love me?” He said,“Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

Jesus said,“Feed my sheep.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have altar calls ...
TEC has no one to call them to!
Think Again

Farmville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo!

Even if they did have an alter call, what would they share with the people who strolled down? Millennium Development Goals? Jesus is one way among many?
Think Again

Farmville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
pan-sexuality?????????
LMFJAO!
You just get more and more desperate and absurd.
RUN TRY AGAIN, THE SKY IS FALLING..........
Yep pan-sexuality? According to your hero Vicky Gene, there are many more sexualities to explore. Yep like bestiality, pederasty, etc.

Robinson most recently drew attention from comments made last week at the Spring meeting of the Episcopal Church House of Bishops. Expressing dissatisfaction with two policy papers presented for and against same-sex marriage, Robinson said it was time to move beyond speaking of “GLBT” orientations.
“There are so many other letters in the alphabet,” Robinson said.“There are so many other sexualities to be explored.”
The Bishop did not elaborate as to what other sexualities might be, and to their corresponding letters of the alphabet. Asked in an interview with CAP how his new role at the think tank connects with his leadership of the New Hampshire diocese, Robinson replied that the connection would be seamless.

http://www.aoiusa.org/blog/2010/03/gene-robin...

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Think Again wrote:
Robinson most recently drew attention from comments made last week at the Spring meeting of the Episcopal Church House of Bishops. Expressing dissatisfaction with two policy papers presented for and against same-sex marriage, Robinson said it was time to move beyond speaking of “GLBT” orientations.
“There are so many other letters in the alphabet,” Robinson said.“There are so many other sexualities to be explored.”
The Bishop did not elaborate as to what other sexualities might be, and to their corresponding letters of the alphabet ...
No matter how many other letters they add to GLBT, they're all still about 3.5% of the U.S. population.

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
No one you would recognize.

So what's the big deal?

You are now telling Jesus who can attend a meal in fellowship?

Poooor little narrow rule obsessed brain..........

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how many other letters they add to GLBT, they're all still about 3.5% of the U.S. population.
So?

Are they nor the children of God?

God didn't create them?

How is it wrong to 'be'?

Idiot..........

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep pan-sexuality? According to your hero Vicky Gene, there are many more sexualities to explore. Yep like bestiality, pederasty, etc.
The Bishop did not elaborate as to what other sexualities might be, and to their corresponding letters of the alphabet. Asked in an interview with CAP how his new role at the think tank connects with his leadership of the New Hampshire diocese, Robinson replied that the connection would be seamless.
http://www.aoiusa.org/blog/2010/03/gene-robin...
Oh, gotcha, you're jealous because he was hired to think.

Now, back to the topic that you so readily changed.....
Think Again

Farmville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, gotcha, you're jealous because he was hired to think.
Now, back to the topic that you so readily changed.....
Not jealous at all. He is a false prophet who is leading people astray and promoting his pansexual agenda that you denied.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
No one you would recognize ...
... no doubt a different Jesus from another of your gnostic gospels.

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Not jealous at all. He is a false prophet who is leading people astray and promoting his pansexual agenda that you denied.
Then shake the dust off and move on or stop coming here to learn.

It's a choice and God will hold you responsible.....

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... no doubt a different Jesus from another of your gnostic gospels.
No, that would be the Jesus the early Christians knew before Constantine the polytheist, along with Saul attempted to change the message.

OBVIOUSLY God wanted them read and allowed them to be found, to tell us the truth.

Go attend your roman bs, you believe it, keep it.

We believe all are welcome, perfection not suggested as it's impossible.

Except for our real special pal joline......

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the people say: Amen!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that would be the Jesus the early Christians knew ...
No, that would be your fellow Gnostic Christians, who were not Christians at all.
Think Again

Farmville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I come here to teach not to learn.

God will hold me responsible for allowing you to lead people astray if I don't stand firm.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul '14 What is 201
OR Who do you support for Treasurer in Oregon in 2... (Oct '10) Mar '14 whatdoudo 19
Vale community safety (Jan '14) Jan '14 TerrellDSida 1
dreadlocks. anyone know? (Oct '13) Oct '13 long hair 1
Judge William Adams (Aug '13) Aug '13 Fred 1
Warning shot, pepper spray used to break up fig... (Nov '11) Jun '13 Connie 11
Any Pizza Hut employees in Ontario who have had... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Serious Money 1

Search the Ontario Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Ontario Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Ontario People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ontario News, Events & Info