Local man speaks for vets

Local man speaks for vets

There are 1 comment on the www.tonawanda-news.com story from Feb 2, 2010, titled Local man speaks for vets. In it, www.tonawanda-news.com reports that:

A Tonawanda man was recently featured in a Reader's Digest story about a backlog in requests by war veterans to receive federal assistance. I guess you have to shame the VA to get a claim looked at and awarded to a veteran? What does it take to get the VA to wake up to there 400,000 back log of claims and get our Veterans there money to live and have a life? Wont Vets off the street? Write Congress

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.tonawanda-news.com.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 2, 2010
It's sad you have to truen to NEWS in print or TV to shame the VA into looking into a claim. SO I guess if we get the NEWS one by one the back log in claims might shorter? we have 131,000 vets on the streets of the USA - We have the va sais 400,000 un worked claims in back log - so with every day no claims are worked and more added as our vets return from war we can look for more vets on the streets almost daily!
As in other news on the VA until we get the people taxpayers on the move to congress and senate to end the back logs and get help to our veterans nothing will change!
takes 6 months to a year to get a claim looked at and if the claim is turned down it can take 2 years or as much as 4 years to get it looked at again!
So it's time we the people do somthing for your son and 400,000 other vets and get congress moving on not a new hospital or vets center but work on back loged claims NOW

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lowering speed zones in residential areas long ... Nov 14 john 14505 1
Bringing Jobs Back Home Part-1 (Jun '10) Nov 14 john 14505 3
News Man Charged with Dealing Marijuana (Jan '07) Oct 24 DerekShort 11
News Cops: 2 people found fatally shot in suburban R... Oct '17 iescapedny 1
Fat hoe pregnant out of wedlock Sep '17 Anonymous 1
pamela moss (Jul '11) Aug '17 Jocko 2
News Video: Man who assaulted 82-year old Upstate NY... Aug '17 IescapedNY 2

Ontario Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance