Woman killed in single-car crash

Woman killed in single-car crash

There are 6 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Jul 28, 2010, titled Woman killed in single-car crash. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A woman died Wednesday afternoon after her car struck the center divider several times before crashing into a wall near an on-ramp of the 210 Freeway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Woman Shopper

La Verne, CA

#1 Jul 29, 2010
That explains the parking lot on the 210 the other day. Thanks a lot lady, you messed up my day! I was late getting my cafe latte at Starbucks then I was going to Fantastic Sams and Costco afterwards, but not before I hit the McDonalds and Walmart in Upland.
Man Shopper

Burbank, CA

#2 Jul 29, 2010
I knew what I had to buy. I was in and out in five minutes and had no need to take a freeway.
Reader in Riverside

Riverside, CA

#3 Jul 30, 2010
Sad. Some kid's mom, someone's daughter, wife, maybe even granddaughter. A tragedy for several folks at least.

But the article notes the deceased driver wasn't wearing her seat belt... amazing!

Nearly 55 model years ago, in 1956, Ford Motor Co. promoted seatbelt use by offering them on all their new vehicles as part of its "Lifeguard Design" program of upgraded vehicle safety features. Seatbelts have been federal government-mandated in American vehicles since 1968. 1984 saw the first of the state laws requiring seatbelt USE, and yet today some figures show that 70% of those dying in roadway crashes weren't wearing seatbelts.

The statistics show you're around 93% safer by just buckling up your seat/shoulder belts and only 2% safer than that with airbags (but only if you're buckled up also). So what's the problem? Unless you're driving drunk, stoned, or otherwise suicidal... just buckle up.
common sense

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#4 Jul 30, 2010
I was in a car accident several years ago. I was only going 22 mph while wearing my seatbelt and I hit my head on the top frame of the windshield! Where would I have been if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt? On the street or in the other car! Please wear your seatbelts!!
Zzyzx Road

Long Beach, CA

#5 Jul 31, 2010
I drove by the scene just seconds after the accident, and saw that woman's body just lying there on the pavement. That vision will haunt me for a long time.
papa

La Verne, CA

#6 Aug 1, 2010
boy the compassion of other so called humanbeings amazes me.someone loses their life and some genius comes on and leave a really negative comment.what goes around comes around.my sympathy to this ladys family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 32,308
Rip the pimp. Early 90s 13 hr Intrested 1
News Water stock offered on Web (Jul '08) Tue boxman0103gmailcom 10
News California governor denies parole for Manson fo... Jul 22 never-Parole 1
News Pomona's Madison Park renamed Tony Cerda Park (Sep '08) Jul 22 Kaluah 40
News Code enforcement using new citation and collect... (Feb '10) Jul 18 Piece of meass 20
News Plea deal offered in sex case (Jul '10) Jul 18 TruthSeeker 11

Ontario Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ontario Mortgages