Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201892 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#69021 May 18, 2011
Same sex marriage is bad because it is a government endorsement of homosexual lifestyle. Same sex marriage is nanny state law.

Since: May 11

Baldwin Park, CA

#69022 May 18, 2011
For those of you that claim that homosexuality is wrong. What is it about your straight self that is so high-falutin? AS if you don't have perverted sex or there is nothing wrong with heterosexuality? And what makes you think homosexuals are able to change their sexual orientation?. Why don't you clean the skeletons in your own closet when it comes to your sexuality, before you start worrying about someone elses? Because trust me, yours is far from superior or something to revere.

What skeletons am I talking about? How about pedophilia, deadbeat dads, child abuse and neglect, infanticide, necrophilia, rape, incest that produces retarded children and people with low IQs, rampant overpopulation, etc. The list goes on and on.

Baldwin Park, CA

#69023 May 18, 2011
While San Francisco is famous for having a lot of gays in it because of the Harvey Milk scandal, it's actually quite a small city. You'll find just as many or more gay people who are out of the closet in such Califlornia cities as San Diego, West Hollywood, Guerneville. Palm Springs has a huge and affluent gay population.
onetimeatbandcamp wrote:
<quoted text>Your obviously an OLD man since your referred as Archie Bunker(wasn't he a racist?).I wouldn't expect you to understand the changing of times. This is CALIFORNIA, home of millions of gays. Hello... ever heard of San Francisco? Why is this so surprising. Are you worried about the sanctity of marriage? What is the divorce rate at now? 60% or so? What a joke. Poeple cry about sanctity of marriage and then divorce without a second thought. Hypocrisy at it's finest. So old man, spares us with your religious drivel as it just makes you sound like crazy.
Publican

San Francisco, CA

#69024 May 18, 2011
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
you will be jumping up and down like a 6year old yelling GIMME...GIMME...GIMME, I want what you got GIMME it because I want it, all this so you can feel good about yourself and try to justify your birth defect.
And by that childish standard, you are the fat, spoiled kid who throws the ball over the fence and stomps home when the game doesn't go your way.
Publican

San Francisco, CA

#69025 May 18, 2011
Lemming patrol wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn right they need to learn about all of that.
Look at the 10 commandments as guidelines.
There are obvious things in society that are wrong, stealing, murder, rape, and many more.
It does not mean children shouldn't learn about it. In fact, they should be required to learn about these things.
That way they dont do it!
They need to learn right from wrong. They also need to learn to think for themselves.
If they don't learn right from wrong, what's going to stop them?
I can see you missed out on a few life lessons...
That was cute.

“Fly low and avoid the penguins”

Since: Dec 09

Pasadena

#69026 May 18, 2011
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
you will be jumping up and down like a 6year old yelling GIMME...GIMME...GIMME, I want what you got GIMME it because I want it....
That's a hoot coming from the two-year old sreaming "MINE-MINE-MINE!!!"

The rest of your post is just ignorance--Actually, since you've been informed otherwise, it's just willfull stubborness. Perhaps you should go plan in another room while the adults talk--little man.
Publican

San Francisco, CA

#69027 May 18, 2011
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is bad because it is a government endorsement of homosexual lifestyle. Same sex marriage is nanny state law.
BULLSHIT. The only nanny being proposed here is the one you are trying to use to enforce a special status for heterosexuals.

“Fly low and avoid the penguins”

Since: Dec 09

Pasadena

#69028 May 18, 2011
Brian_G wrote:
Prop 8 was "ninny" state law---Because a bunch of retarded ninnies such as you voted it in.
Publican

San Francisco, CA

#69029 May 18, 2011
Lemming patrol wrote:
<quoted text>
There are obvious things in society that are wrong, stealing, murder, rape, and many more.
It does not mean children shouldn't learn about it. In fact, they should be required to learn about these things.
They need to learn right from wrong. They also need to learn to think for themselves.
You mention crimes against persons, which are obviously harmful. How are you harmed by the legal recognition of homosexual marriages?(Before you answer this: Remember, there are thousands of homosexuals legally married in this state and around the nation, not to mention the world. And yet you are healthy and safe, so it does not appear to have effected you...)

Location hidden

#69030 May 18, 2011
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
This post has been reported, as will your other posts that are pure insult.
Yet you feel it's appropriate to say that my kids will kill themselves do to my "hate".

How ignorant is that? I know it's a emotional topic, but don't you think it was a bit much?
Rose_NoHo is a freak

Dublin, CA

#69031 May 18, 2011
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, I'm straight, but thanks for the chuckle.
And if gay people are going to clog up divorce courts, they are going to have to wait in line. MOST marriages between straight couples end in divorce.
And I know you're upset, but committing to one sex partner for life is unnatural. I wouldn't expect you to know anything about having a sex partner.
Wow, just further proof of your lack of character and skankiness Rose HO. "committing to one sex partner for life is unnatural....." what a sad, clueless commentary on life. My parents were in love and devoted for 72 years - they grew old together. But we wouldn't expect someone like you to appreciate and admire the beauty of a relationship like that. Since we know that you are willing to do threesomes to fulfill your boyfriend's desires..now there is an honest, wholesome relationship. You are such a disgusting loser.

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

#69032 May 18, 2011
Publican wrote:
<quoted text>
And by that childish standard, you are the fat, spoiled kid who throws the ball over the fence and stomps home when the game doesn't go your way.
No only when you demand to change the rules in the middle of the game that demands you win.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#69033 May 18, 2011
WPArtist wrote:
Prop 8 was "ninny" state law---Because a bunch of retarded ninnies such as you voted it in.
Reads like good law to me:
Section I. Title

This measure shall be known and may be cited as the "California Marriage Protection Act."

Section 2. Article I. Section 7.5 is added to the California Constitution. to read: Sec. 7.5. Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.

“T-Warrior”

#69034 May 18, 2011
Lemming patrol wrote:
<quoted text>
The are called COMMANDments for a reason, its like saying that the Constitution is just a set of guidelines.
Dump Bin

San Dimas, CA

#69035 May 18, 2011
DKE chapter leaders apologized amid the controversy, but the national fraternity office ordered them to stop all pledge activities.

“T-Warrior”

#69036 May 18, 2011
WPArtist wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 passed and became part of the California Consitution in no small part because of Barrack Obama!!
Dump Bin

San Dimas, CA

#69037 May 18, 2011
A prestigious Yale frat that counts both Bush presidents among its alumni is being banned from recruiting and activities on the Ivy League campus for five years after pledges were ordered to chant obscenities against women.
Shame

El Paso, TX

#69038 May 18, 2011
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
The are called COMMANDments for a reason, its like saying that the Constitution is just a set of guidelines.
They have never been commandments even for believers. The economy would fall apart if people did not covet what their neighbor had.
Second Thoughts

Apple Valley, CA

#69039 May 18, 2011
BlogShag wrote:
For those of you that claim that homosexuality is wrong. What is it about your straight self that is so high-falutin? AS if you don't have perverted sex or there is nothing wrong with heterosexuality? And what makes you think homosexuals are able to change their sexual orientation?. Why don't you clean the skeletons in your own closet when it comes to your sexuality, before you start worrying about someone elses? Because trust me, yours is far from superior or something to revere.
What skeletons am I talking about? How about pedophilia, deadbeat dads, child abuse and neglect, infanticide, necrophilia, rape, incest that produces retarded children and people with low IQs, rampant overpopulation, etc. The list goes on and on.
This is not about the lesser of two evils. This is not a comparison of one being not as bad as the other, so let's "accept" the better one. It's about what is normal and what is not. It's about choosing to participate in a behavior that is deemed unacceptable by people not involved in this perversion.

Not every incestuous relationship results in a pregnancy. Not many pregnancies result in a genetic malformation. Only in generational incestuous relationships does the degradation occur. To the contrary, there is a greater chance of HIV transmission in 1 encounter than there will be produced a malformed child in an incestuous one. So, your "argument" is not a valid one.

As for "skeletons in the closet" not all sins are equal. First of all, you have pretend to know what mine are to even begin to be able to compare them with yours. Not to mention, you have to make whatever skeletons I may, or may not, have to be equal with yours. Stealing a pack of gum as a child is in no way equal to supporting the lifestyle responsible for the torturing death sentence of hundreds of thousands of unsuspecting people.
Rose_NoHo is a freak

Dublin, CA

#69040 May 18, 2011
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, I am really scared.. Should I report all of your posts?? They are a complete insult to anyone with any level of intelligence..

BTW, should we bring up the fact that your answer to debate is to call all opposition homophobes, bigots, racists, and con dumbs??

Actually I am surprised that you are smart enough to even report a post.
Very well put ak. I think I will go report Rose right now for all of her hateful, sarcastic posts. What the hell is she thinking???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jose G. Ramirez (Apr '13) Sun Bobmoz 9
News Verdicts reached in Lake Gregory molestation case (Sep '10) Sun Capn Jonathan Harco 8
Explosion Sounds?????? (Dec '09) Sat Ranger 70
News Charter Oak takes charge (Dec '08) Jan 12 Wiseguy 26
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jan 12 Chosen Traveler 32,710
News Missing thyroid mystery (Oct '09) Jan 11 Leo 16
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Jan 10 John MoFo Snyder 4,838

Ontario Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ontario Mortgages