Alleged gang member gets life prison ...

Alleged gang member gets life prison term for 2005 killing

There are 171 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Mar 30, 2009, titled Alleged gang member gets life prison term for 2005 killing. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

An alleged gang member convicted of murdering the 18-year-old son of a Monterey Park police lieutenant has been sentenced to 164 years to life in prison at West Valley Superior Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

American 1776

Camarillo, CA

#42 Mar 31, 2009
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless you and your family.
Yes, God Bless you and your family, and thank you for Serving Our Country. A lot of us know what a thankless job that can be. Your family and people like you, is the reason we can still gather here and spout so much crap. May justice be served.
The Truth

Santa Ana, CA

#43 Mar 31, 2009
Hey Lori I hope you feel like a wonderful friend to Paul. If only you had come forward and told the truth like Paul had asked of you, maybe he wouldn't have gotten all this time! How you sleep at night is a wonder to me. You and all those people that were out there should have stood beside Paul. Don't act like you don't know the truth cuz you sit there and tell everyone else you call your friends the truth, why couldn't you tell the court the truth. God is good, and I truly believe what comes around goes around!!! U all were so fake to Paul!!!!!

Since: Mar 09

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#44 Mar 31, 2009
Circumstances wrote:
Paul was there and knows who did it, if it wasn't him. And anyone of the CucaKings knows who did it if it wasn't Paul. Sooooooo, why doesn't someone man up and take charge. I thought the Kings were all brothers to the end. If is wasn't Paul, then why doesn't his homies drop a dime on who did it. HMMMMMM because it was Paul, thas why.
Thank God for Law Enforcement. Keep hooking and booking to clean up the hood.
Peace out
You make a good point...if this was gang related and the person arrested wasn't the shooter then the other gang members know who did it and don't seem to have a problem with letting their "homie" take the fall. So all the family members posting messages proclaiming his innocence need to start talking to this guys "friends" for answers.

And I guess this serves as a lesson, choose your friends wisely.
speaks the truth

United States

#45 Mar 31, 2009
Monica wrote:
<quoted text>
Tramp? your mother is the tramp you RAT basterd. o yeah she's on welfare too..along whith your skank sister.
Hahahaha. Couldn't come up with your own comeback? Sorry, but I called you. I'll bet you have several little illegitimate kids (all by gang bangers), are on welfare, and suck it on the corner for some rock. Now get back to work, worn out piece of garbage!
Jenn

Playa Del Rey, CA

#46 Mar 31, 2009
Sancho wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe everything you read, moron! The kid's father should've done a better job raising his kid. His own uncle took him looking for revenge. Even if they found the real trigger man, no one should've been convicted of a crime here.
So you're saying it's okay to shoot someone??? That's brilliant, NOT!
Jenn

Playa Del Rey, CA

#47 Mar 31, 2009
Monica wrote:
<quoted text>
**** is your problem? Why do you have it out for the Anguiano's and the Cuca Kings? If you think your so dame hard why don't you say who you are? your the turd your the nobody. Get a life and leave The Anguiano's the hell alone..
The whole world should have it out for people like the Cuca Kings....gangs aren't cool...end of story
Jenn

Playa Del Rey, CA

#48 Mar 31, 2009
Monica wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I figured it out. You HATE the Anguiano's and Cuca Kings because they outed your RAT **** from the barrio. As for my kids dad he is in Iraq fighting for our freedom , so that DUMB uneducated turds such as your self can have the privledge to have freedom of speech.
later RATA
You should really learn to spell before you call other people stupid, haha!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#49 Mar 31, 2009
speaks the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha. Couldn't come up with your own comeback? Sorry, but I called you. I'll bet you have several little illegitimate kids (all by gang bangers), are on welfare, and suck it on the corner for some rock. Now get back to work, worn out piece of garbage!
Oh geez...stop with the name calling already. It's one thing for us to give our opinions and thoughts and its another to just ramble on calling each other names. Let's behave like civilized adults shall we?
John Doe

Los Angeles, CA

#50 Mar 31, 2009
speaks the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously your mother had at least one...you.
John Doe

Los Angeles, CA

#51 Mar 31, 2009
Jenn wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying it's okay to shoot someone??? That's brilliant, NOT!
I think he meant it was self defense. Only an idiot would think he meant something else.
John Doe

Los Angeles, CA

#52 Mar 31, 2009
Jenn wrote:
<quoted text>
You should really learn to spell before you call other people stupid, haha!
So your saying I can call you stupid, right?
John Doe

Los Angeles, CA

#53 Mar 31, 2009
Payback wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the word "stupid" the extent of your vocabulary? What does that make you? Umm let me see...STUPID!!!
Nothing else needed to be said. Stupid.
John Doe

Los Angeles, CA

#54 Mar 31, 2009
Laury7 wrote:
"Stupid is as stupid does"
Make room CDC here comes another.
John Doe...pathetic
Nice quote there Forrest. Your mother should be proud.
John Doe

Los Angeles, CA

#55 Mar 31, 2009
Circumstances wrote:
I'm glad your man is fighting for our country. To bad his wife is laying down with gangsta's and supporting them. I bet he would be real proud of his chica..
What does that say about your sister? the fact that she's also your wife and mother is irrelevant in your mind. Right?
Vincent

Eugene, OR

#56 Mar 31, 2009
Why just not look at it for what it is? When it all comes down to it, nobody cares about Paul Anguiano. When he innocently got blamed (if that is even true) any one of his "friends" could have made an anonymous call to the police and gave the name of the "real" killer. And if Paul is truly innocent, than we all know that there are people who know who really did it.

If he is innocent, it is not the justice system that let him down, not the police, not the country. It is his friends who let him down by letting him be convicted when they know someone else did it. Their loyalty to the unwritten law of not "snitching" was more important to them than their friend. If he is really innocent, and someone knows who really did it and is protecting the killer by not snitching then these are the people who are responsible for Paul going to prison for life. At least put the blame where it belongs.
Gilbert in Ontario

Eugene, OR

#57 Mar 31, 2009
Funny, people want to blame the Harris kids father for not raising him better, or blame the Harris kids uncle for taking him looking for revenge. People seem to think they should be blamed for what happened to him. You blame his family for him being innocently murdered.

So why don't we also blame the family of Paul Anguiano for not raising him right and keeping him out of a gang? If you blame one family (The Harris Family) for what happened to their son, why not have the guts to also blame the father and family of Paul Anguiano? Why not blame his family for him being innocently incarcerated as you blame the Harris family for him being innocently killed.

We all know that gangs are a dead end, and they often end up with someone in prison for life or at least a long time. That's just part of the package. In fact most gangsters don't feel like they've really made it until they can brag about their time in Chino, Corcoran, Calipatria, or Pelican Bay. Paul Anguiano's family didn't care enough to keep him out of the gang. The reason most kids are NOT in a gang is because their families stop them. I would have ended up in a gang too if I hadn't had a strong family that kept me from slipping into that life. I hated it when they tried to keep me from being a part of the gang life. But now I thank God I had such loving, caring and responsible parents.
GySgt Sonia Sanchez USMC

Jacksonville, NC

#58 Mar 31, 2009
speaks the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't know anything about my sister. You need to stop talking shit and if you have something to say then me a man or woman and tell her and not the whole world. You really have no class. These comments are suppose to be about Paul not about damn name calling.
Yolanda

Eugene, OR

#59 Mar 31, 2009
Gilbert in Ontario wrote:
Funny, people want to blame the Harris kids father for not raising him better, or blame the Harris kids uncle for taking him looking for revenge. People seem to think they should be blamed for what happened to him. You blame his family for him being innocently murdered.
So why don't we also blame the family of Paul Anguiano for not raising him right and keeping him out of a gang? If you blame one family (The Harris Family) for what happened to their son, why not have the guts to also blame the father and family of Paul Anguiano? Why not blame his family for him being innocently incarcerated as you blame the Harris family for him being innocently killed.
We all know that gangs are a dead end, and they often end up with someone in prison for life or at least a long time. That's just part of the package. In fact most gangsters don't feel like they've really made it until they can brag about their time in Chino, Corcoran, Calipatria, or Pelican Bay. Paul Anguiano's family didn't care enough to keep him out of the gang. The reason most kids are NOT in a gang is because their families stop them. I would have ended up in a gang too if I hadn't had a strong family that kept me from slipping into that life. I hated it when they tried to keep me from being a part of the gang life. But now I thank God I had such loving, caring and responsible parents.
Amen Gilbert! You hit the nail right on the head!
Being a Cuca King is what put him where he is. If he had led a good gang-free life he would be free and have a future. But instead he chose to be part of a sub-culture, a gang. He should have no complaints. This is the life he chose. It's the life of a ganster. Be a bad person, do bad things, and go to prison. But don't feel bad, at least he has his tattoos.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#60 Mar 31, 2009
Gilbert in Ontario wrote:
I think they all get some of the blame. The uncle made the dumb decision to encourage his nephew in such moronic behavior. And like you said, the Anguiano family for not keeping their kid out of the gang.

Was the Harris kid a gang member too? Maybe I need to re-read the article, but does anyone know why they were fighting in the first place?
Kelly_g

Fontana, CA

#61 Mar 31, 2009
Vincent wrote:
Why just not look at it for what it is? When it all comes down to it, nobody cares about Paul Anguiano. When he innocently got blamed (if that is even true) any one of his "friends" could have made an anonymous call to the police and gave the name of the "real" killer. And if Paul is truly innocent, than we all know that there are people who know who really did it.
If he is innocent, it is not the justice system that let him down, not the police, not the country. It is his friends who let him down by letting him be convicted when they know someone else did it. Their loyalty to the unwritten law of not "snitching" was more important to them than their friend. If he is really innocent, and someone knows who really did it and is protecting the killer by not snitching then these are the people who are responsible for Paul going to prison for life. At least put the blame where it belongs.
That's a true homeboy, taking a life sentence for another. Give it a few months, years, decades and Paul will just be another gang member that gave his life to his gang.
He is not the first and definitely not be the last.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 32,251
Chino Known DayCare Currently Under Investation... (Mar '12) 14 hr WOW 7
Poll east side pomona rifa (Mar '08) May 3 BigSixPeeS 260
Anyone hear LOUD explodive sound in Wildrose ar... May 1 Noyb 1
List of all the tagging crews in Pomona?? (Apr '13) Apr 30 P always Activee 268
News Murder charges filed in Pomona shooting (Mar '09) Apr 29 Mikeyhelikesit 6
News Chino Hills isn't free of gangs (Feb '08) Apr 26 MAS666 52
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ontario Mortgages