DUI checkpoint planned Friday in Ontario

The Ontario Police Department will conduct a DUI and driver's license checkpoint from 6 p.m Friday to 2 a.m. Saturday. Full Story
Elaine

United States

#1 Nov 18, 2010
The undisclosed location is most likely Haven Ave. exit off the 10fwy at Concours, as always! I'll be getting off the fwy at Millken since last time it took officers 40 minutes just to set up the cones. Pathetic!
Joe Blow

Ontario, CA

#2 Nov 18, 2010
I avoid driving in Ontario, on checkpoint
days. I have a license, insurance and registration. Never drink and drive.

Why?
Don't like being questioned or stopped without any reason.

There has to be better methods to stop the drunk drivers.
Total waste of manpower and resources.
In the know

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3 Nov 18, 2010
Joe Blow wrote:
I avoid driving in Ontario, on checkpoint
days. I have a license, insurance and registration. Never drink and drive.
Why?
Don't like being questioned or stopped without any reason.
There has to be better methods to stop the drunk drivers.
Total waste of manpower and resources.
Its not a waste. It is paid for by the state of California through a grant. It takes a few minutes to go through one, but not long. I dont mind going through. They catch more drunks through the saturation patrols which they do through grant funding. Checkpoints are designed to let the public know that the police are out looking for drunks. They have been around since the early 90's. You are being stopped to find out if you are licensed or have been drinking and driving. Whats the problem? They take the unlicensed drivers off the street or a drunk, which is a good thing. I am sure Ontario gets between 50 and 100 unlicensed drivers a night. These are the people who will hit you and leave the scene. Sounds like you need to visit your local police department and go on a ride along so you can be better informed.
Ken Keniff

Redlands, CA

#4 Nov 18, 2010
Just download trapster on to your phone, based on your gps you'll get a warning about an upcoming checkpoint, so you can take another route.

“Gays really DO exist!!”

Since: Nov 10

Fontana

#5 Nov 18, 2010
these checkpoints infringe on my rights for a few minutes (never been in one longer than about 10 minutes)
a drunk driver can infringe on my rights for the rest of my life.
I'll just listen to some tunes while I wait to be passed through the checkpoint, thank you!
I wonder

Ontario, CA

#6 Nov 18, 2010
In the know wrote:
<quoted text>Its not a waste. It is paid for by the state of California through a grant. It takes a few minutes to go through one, but not long. I dont mind going through. They catch more drunks through the saturation patrols which they do through grant funding. Checkpoints are designed to let the public know that the police are out looking for drunks. They have been around since the early 90's. You are being stopped to find out if you are licensed or have been drinking and driving. Whats the problem? They take the unlicensed drivers off the street or a drunk, which is a good thing. I am sure Ontario gets between 50 and 100 unlicensed drivers a night. These are the people who will hit you and leave the scene. Sounds like you need to visit your local police department and go on a ride along so you can be better informed.
These checkpoints aren't for safety.
They're to bring in the big bucks. Last month a traffic cop pulled me over because I turned right BEFORE the checkpoint. My home was nearby their checkpoint. It's interesting that they don't stop cars that lawyers might drive.(Lexus, BMW)Anyways I just let it go, cop had no reason to pull me over, I was never inside the checkpoint or violate any traffic laws.
I wonder

Ontario, CA

#7 Nov 18, 2010
Ken Keniff wrote:
Just download trapster on to your phone, based on your gps you'll get a warning about an upcoming checkpoint, so you can take another route.
Download the Trapster APP for iPhone or just go to their website and look at the "TrapMap".
Joe Blow

Ontario, CA

#8 Nov 18, 2010
In the know wrote:
<quoted text>Its not a waste. It is paid for by the state of California through a grant. It takes a few minutes to go through one, but not long. I dont mind going through. They catch more drunks through the saturation patrols which they do through grant funding. Checkpoints are designed to let the public know that the police are out looking for drunks. They have been around since the early 90's. You are being stopped to find out if you are licensed or have been drinking and driving. Whats the problem? They take the unlicensed drivers off the street or a drunk, which is a good thing. I am sure Ontario gets between 50 and 100 unlicensed drivers a night. These are the people who will hit you and leave the scene. Sounds like you need to visit your local police department and go on a ride along so you can be better informed.
Sounds like YOU like to kiss the cops' butts.
The problem is, why am I being questioned/stopped? I didn't do anything.

Ride along? We're talking about stopping people for no reason, not patrolling the city.

Keep doing your thing Community Watch Captain ;)
David Who

Ontario, CA

#9 Nov 18, 2010
In the know wrote:
Oh come on! I got family members in law enforcement who say these checkpoints are to bring in revenue.
welcome

Ontario, CA

#10 Nov 18, 2010
to nazii germanyy
1Km Sniper

Montgomery, AL

#11 Nov 19, 2010
ATTENTION ALL DRUNK DRIVERS: To make sure your ordeal going thru the vehicle checkpoint is smooth and without hassel, make sure you have a dozen donuts and plenty of coffee on board!
Joe Blow

Ontario, CA

#12 Nov 19, 2010
1Km Sniper wrote:
ATTENTION ALL DRUNK DRIVERS: To make sure your ordeal going thru the vehicle checkpoint is smooth and without hassel, make sure you have a dozen donuts and plenty of coffee on board!
and a couple hundred dolla' bills ;)
a person that hates cops

Brea, CA

#13 Nov 19, 2010
yea... no surprise there... at an undisclosed location...
common sense

Chino, CA

#14 Nov 19, 2010
Dont be stupid. Dont drink and drive.Dont worry.End of story.
Joe Blow

Ontario, CA

#15 Nov 19, 2010
a person that hates cops wrote:
yea... no surprise there... at an undisclosed location...
Don't trying making a turn before the checpoint.
Traffic cop will stop you on the spot.
(Even though you AREN'T breaking any traffic laws.)
cargirl

Diamond Bar, CA

#16 Nov 20, 2010
Hello people would you rather have these cops have a checkpoint or just let the drunk drivers kill someone? Just don't drink and drive! Oh yeah even if you are close to a checkpoint and turn before you reach the checkpoint they will still pull you over! That I do not agree with but they do.
rbf

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jun 14, 2013
Cal Berkeley did a study that showed DUI checkpoints actually do mare harm than good. The DUI arrests are actually low compared to saturation patrols. MADD so much political clout they actually cut their nose to spite their face. Anyone with a cell phone can tell where they are and bars warn their patrons. They are allowed because they are supposed to serve the greater good of the community. But study after studybshows they actually cause more drunk drivers to be on the road by just avoiding the large congestion of officers in one area. Our public dollars going to waste. Grant or not they are obsolete.
Josh

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Aug 23, 2013
I heard it's on 4th and Grove

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: 1-800 Radiator (May '09) 1 hr B Lee 110
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin For Life 27,911
Boy released in San Bernardino triple shooting ... (Nov '09) 5 hr scorpiojay 6
Review: Fusion SPA Inc. Oct 18 Joseph 1
Pomona North Side 13 (Mar '13) Oct 18 the truth 51
Two graffiti vandals sought by police (Sep '07) Oct 18 Cant stop 286
Second gang member arrested in Pomona drive-thr... Oct 17 Ninii 1

Ontario News Video

Ontario Dating
Find my Match

Ontario Jobs

Ontario People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ontario News, Events & Info