Man killed Tuesday while crossing Euclid

Man killed Tuesday while crossing Euclid

There are 9 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Jul 21, 2010, titled Man killed Tuesday while crossing Euclid. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A man died Tuesday evening after he was struck by a car as he crossed Euclid Avenue in Upland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

papa

La Verne, CA

#1 Jul 21, 2010
my sympathy to thismans family.and i would like to say,be careful crossing any street now days,people will run you over.they run red lights and only slow down for a sign that clearly says STOP.and on the other side of the coin some people just walk into traffic without even looking up,but the car will win every time.also a lady ran into my auto who was on a texting call on her phone she said she was sorry luckyly i had wittinesses and she fixed my car.luckily i was not injured.
common sense

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2 Jul 21, 2010
Drivers don't seem to understand that pedestrians have the right of way! Wake up drivers! If there is a person in the crosswalk or even in the street without a crosswalk, STOP! Don't hit them! If there is a vehicle stopped in the middle of the road, you can figure there might be a pedestrian crossing the street. DON'T PASS THAT STOPPED VEHICLE! I have almost been hit many times in the crosswalk on my residential street because drivers are in too big a hurry to get someplace. I believe the law says the vehicle is not to go into the crosswalk until the pedestrian is on the curb.
just a person

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3 Jul 21, 2010
Common Sense: Obviously if someone is there you should STOP! DUH but the article says this person fell, and was on the ground when he got hit. It is very possible that the driver didn't see a man on the ground. I doubt he hit him on purpose. It's very sad, I drove by it last night not knowing what was going on, just figured a 2 vehicle accident or something (a lot of police, so I couldn't see what was going on) When I went to drive by again today the street was somewhat blocked off so I took another route.
Hmmm

Kapolei, HI

#4 Jul 21, 2010
Well the issue isn't that the car is at fault. It seems to be a matter of why he was crossing the street, if he was crossing illegally or perhaps fell that could be understandable.

Also if he was jaywalking. Even at a modest 45 mp/h, it still takes cars a decent amount of time to stop, regarding of reaction time.

Regardless, condolences to his family.
omg

Waukegan, IL

#5 Jul 22, 2010
omg this is terrible. what is wrong with humanity?
Dead Like Me

Lytle Creek, CA

#6 Jul 22, 2010
Walk- Don't walk...
common sense

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#7 Jul 22, 2010
just a person wrote:
Common Sense: Obviously if someone is there you should STOP! DUH but the article says this person fell, and was on the ground when he got hit. It is very possible that the driver didn't see a man on the ground. I doubt he hit him on purpose. It's very sad, I drove by it last night not knowing what was going on, just figured a 2 vehicle accident or something (a lot of police, so I couldn't see what was going on) When I went to drive by again today the street was somewhat blocked off so I took another route.
Don't "DUH!" me, stupid. The intersection where I have almost been hit is a 4 way stop. People stop, then go through after I have started across the street, going within 3 feet behind me! Others run the stop sign and have almost hit me. I am careful to watch out for stupid drivers that don't follow the laws, which I am sure you are one of that group.

I NEVER SAID THE DRIVER HIT HIM ON PURPOSE! I was just asking drivers to follow the laws! DUH!
bdd

Upland, CA

#8 Jul 22, 2010
the person fell under the car, the driver didnt see him. from an eye witness.
How sad

Yorba Linda, CA

#9 Feb 3, 2012
No one but the people that were there knows what really happened or how. I drove by right after it happened and saw this poor man lying in the street not moving.(and before everyone jumps down my throat, there were several other people on the scene so no, I did not stop. I did call 911 but they were already aware of the situation) He wasnt near a crosswalk so I dont know if he attempted to cross the street anyway. He wasn't under the vehicle either but in front of it so I dont know how he could have fallen under the vehicle. No matter what happened or who is at fault, it was a very sad situation and our condolences should go out to BOTH parties. I highly doubt she did it on purpose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 32,325
News Standstill in fatal stabbing (Apr '08) 9 hr David G 9
News Jolly Farms Bar-B-Que closing doors after 51 years (Jul '08) Wed BQ memories 11
pomona ha gang (Aug '12) Tue BESTTT 130
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Tue Ted 4,833
News Two graffiti vandals sought by police (Sep '07) Aug 21 BSAERS 287
News In fight against gangs, Ontario has outpaced Po... (Jun '09) Aug 20 Kuss1 83

Ontario Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ontario Mortgages