Upland man killed in crash

Upland man killed in crash

There are 34 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Jun 6, 2010, titled Upland man killed in crash. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A man died and an 11-year-old boy suffered severe injuries Sunday in a freeway motorcycle crash, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gary

Moreno Valley, CA

#1 Jun 7, 2010
That is three fatal motorcycle accidents in the last week. You have no protection, no airbags, and no seatbelt. If you ride like an idiot, you are going to die. Wake up and pay attention to the road and other traffic around you.
pokerface

Colton, CA

#2 Jun 7, 2010
Children should never ride on the back of a motorcycle. Just too dangerous.

Since: May 10

Pasadena, CA

#3 Jun 7, 2010
pokerface wrote:
Children should never ride on the back of a motorcycle. Just too dangerous.
Yeah, especially if its a 36 yo man friend of your mom. My spidey sense tells me that the mom sont care about the kid.

Since: May 10

Pasadena, CA

#4 Jun 7, 2010
*don't care
casual observer

Upland, CA

#5 Jun 7, 2010
Gary wrote:
That is three fatal motorcycle accidents in the last week. You have no protection, no airbags, and no seatbelt. If you ride like an idiot, you are going to die. Wake up and pay attention to the road and other traffic around you.
A majority of motorcycle involved accidents/fatalities have a lot to do with the lack of attention from vehicular drivers- cell phones, screaming kids, drinking coffee while driving- even reading the newspaper- I've seen it all. Maybe you should rethink your response, and include all vehicles on the road need to pay more attention to the road- and other traffic around you?
mom of 2

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6 Jun 7, 2010
My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family.
April Ryan

Pueblo, CO

#7 Jun 7, 2010
Gary wrote:
That is three fatal motorcycle accidents in the last week. You have no protection, no airbags, and no seatbelt. If you ride like an idiot, you are going to die. Wake up and pay attention to the road and other traffic around you.
While I agree with u that if u ride like an idiot things will happen to u, on the same hand that was my nephew on the back of that bike and he idnt have a choice whether or not to crash, so be a little senistve to the family of thiwe hurting right now!!! Granted I dont agree at all that he should have been on the back of that bike one bit!! In fact it pisses me off that he was allowed on that bike but whats done is done and it cant be changed. I just pray that he comes out of this ok and with a full recovery!! Maybe if it was ur family that was hurt u would have little more compassion and think before u type things!!!
timothy

Covina, CA

#8 Jun 7, 2010
You people make me so mad!!!!! The boy is one of my friends. The man was like a dad to him. I see why you think in he should not have been on the back of the motorcycle but, you do not have to so rude about it!
jak

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jun 7, 2010
Motorcycles are dangerous in traffic
wow

Ontario, CA

#10 Jun 7, 2010
another donor cycle
Guillen

AOL

#11 Jun 7, 2010
casual observer wrote:
<quoted text>
A majority of motorcycle involved accidents/fatalities have a lot to do with the lack of attention from vehicular drivers- cell phones, screaming kids, drinking coffee while driving- even reading the newspaper- I've seen it all. Maybe you should rethink your response, and include all vehicles on the road need to pay more attention to the road- and other traffic around you?
Well, maybe and maybe not. Any of us who have been in slow bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway and had a motorcycle speed between vehicles knows how dangerously they can drive. Especially when the motorcyclists side view mirror hits you in the arm at 50 miles per hour. My arm was resting on my open window barely protruding and the elbow was slammed. Not a good feeling. The motorcycle weaves slightly after hitting my arm and continued on without stopping.

And the motorcyclist should also be aware that they are much more difficult to see than a car or truck and drive accordingly. It's not us that make them difficult to see or judge their speed, it's them by driving a vehicle that is harder to see. But they don't seem to understand that from a vehicle, a motorcycle speeding along in the distance a block away can easily look like a bicyclist a half block away. It looks like a bicyclist won't approach for another 20 seconds, so you start pulling out. Suddenly what looked like a bicycle a block away is a motorcycle speeding up on you 50 feet away. It happens all the time. And of course the motorcyclist thinks the four wheeler just wasn't paying attention. Believe it or not.
Guillen

AOL

#12 Jun 7, 2010
casual observer wrote:
<quoted text>
A majority of motorcycle involved accidents/fatalities have a lot to do with the lack of attention from vehicular drivers- cell phones, screaming kids, drinking coffee while driving- even reading the newspaper- I've seen it all. Maybe you should rethink your response, and include all vehicles on the road need to pay more attention to the road- and other traffic around you?
Also, when you're in a car driving at the maximum speed limit, how often do you pass a motorcycle going your speed or slower? Rarely if ever. And then think how often you've been driving at the maximum speed limit and have a motorcycle pass you? Not only pass you but with 30 seconds they are not much more than speck half a mile ahead of you on the freeway? Think about it.

And then again, if someone makes a lane change and doesn't see this motorcycle speeding up on them on the right or left? Like I said, think about it. And this happened long before cell phones. It's ALWAYS happened.
NICK THIBODEAUX

Whitehall, PA

#13 Jun 7, 2010
FOR ALL THE IGNORANT IDIOTS OUT THERE THAT DON'T THINK OF WHAT MIKE AND NATE'S FAMILIES ARE GOING THROUGH THIS MESSAGE IS FOR YOU. I AM MIKE'S BROTHER IN LAW. I AM TIRED OF READING THE RUDE COMMENTS THAT YOU ALL ARE LEAVING. MIKE IS A CARING MAN. HE MADE SURE THAT NATE ALWAYS HAD FULL CAGE ON AT ALL TIMES. BEFORE YOU ALL OPEN YOUR MOUTH, KNOW THE FACTS. IT IS RIDICULOUS FOR EVERYONE TO BASH MY BROTHER IN LAW WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM. MY FAMILY IS HURTING AND THE PEOPLE WHO SAY SHIT LIKE ANOTHER DONOR BIKE, THINK BEFORE YOU POST SHIT LIKE THAT THE FAMILIES ARE READING THESE COMMENTS AND ARTICLES.
NICK THIBODEAUX

Whitehall, PA

#14 Jun 7, 2010
RanchoJuan909 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, especially if its a 36 yo man friend of your mom. My spidey sense tells me that the mom sont care about the kid.
This is Mike's brother in law, YOU DON'T KNOW HIM OR HIS MOM SO KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF...his mom loves him very much and so did my brother in law! quit being so ignorant, the family members, like myself, do read these!
Guillen

AOL

#15 Jun 7, 2010
timothy wrote:
You people make me so mad!!!!! The boy is one of my friends. The man was like a dad to him. I see why you think in he should not have been on the back of the motorcycle but, you do not have to so rude about it!
That's understandable Timothy. And the majority of people do have compassion and our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends. But most of the comments, mine included are not meant or directed at you or the family. Instead they are for those motorcyclist who now and will continue to put themselves, children who ride with them and other motorists in jeopardy. They can be easy to miss and not see at all even for those who drivers who are as careful as they can be.
Just Wondering

Hammond, LA

#16 Jun 7, 2010
what do people get out of reading articles about horrible accidents and making rude comments? It is sad.... not only the story of the wreck, but also that mankind has sunk to such a level that it is necessary to bash people when they are down in order to feel superior.
Nick Thibodeaux

Whitehall, PA

#17 Jun 7, 2010
mom of 2 wrote:
My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family.
Thank you. Mike is my brother in law and Nate is my nephew. Mike wouldn't have done anything to hurt Nate and the whole story isnt out there to read. So unfortunately, my bro is being portayed as a bad guy and he isn't.
Nicole

Whitehall, PA

#18 Jun 7, 2010
I am proud to be mikes sister and Nates future aunt. This is a horrible time for our families cause we are celebrating life and grieving a death. so as a family member please have respect for us. we didnot make these "facts" avail for someone to critize. I refuse to keep my mouth when these ppl arent perfect yet cast stones at others.
Stew Pidass

Pasadena, CA

#19 Jun 7, 2010
What an idiot...I'm talking about the mother.
code3girl

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#20 Jun 7, 2010
Nick Thibodeaux wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Mike is my brother in law and Nate is my nephew. Mike wouldn't have done anything to hurt Nate and the whole story isnt out there to read. So unfortunately, my bro is being portayed as a bad guy and he isn't.
From everything I have heard about this man it is a great loss. He was loved by many and I am truly sorry for your loss. It's sad to see the good ones go. Dont let the people on here get to you. I have been in your shoes and they just like to make their life seem better. I am very sorry again. Please give that little guy a hug and my get well wishes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man convicted in bizarre South El Monte home br... 2 hr Esther Heckman 3
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 32,593
News Donald Trumpa s election makes undocumented imm... 7 hr Well Well 3
News Wanted man fatally shoots himself during stando... (Jan '10) 18 hr Your Momma 78
News Walmart workers protest wages, benefits at Onta... (Nov '13) Dec 2 Birds Landing Bob 26
News 150 pounds of meth seized in Mexican cartel rai... (Oct '09) Dec 2 Ifukcongress 44
News Joshua Tree man jailed for fatal shooting of fr... (Apr '10) Dec 2 Tobi 20

Ontario Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ontario Mortgages