girl needs kidney transplant

Posted in the Oneonta Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
melanie boore

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Jan 14, 2007
My name is Melanie Boore and I have been back on dialysis now since 2003. I recieved my first transplant at the age of 14 on November 4th, 1991 from my father. It lasted until November of 2003. At this time I am not on a list due to lack of a real desire to do so. However, I do have a younger brother currently serving a prison sentence for unarmed burglary. He is in Wyoming Correctional facility in Attic,NY. When I found out back in 2003 that I would be going back on dialysis, my brother was more than happy to help. I was living in NY at the time and the doctors at Columbia NY Presbyterian in NYC assurred me that I would only be on dialysis for maybe 4 months. To our surprise the prison systmen wanted money. Money that I then did not have and still obviously do not have. My brother is not a violent criminal and only wants to do something good to help me. I am now engaged, living in Shippensburg, PA and attend college for criminal justice. I still want a transplant, but I have doubts about the system. I amd terrified of going on the "list" and ending up dying while waiting or getting a kidney that ends up failing too soon. I have always been close to my brother and really think it's pretty &%$#@! that my life is being put on hold because our "justice system" feels they need to be compensated for a good deed that an inmate wants to do. Please help! I have contacted NYS DOC reps,senators, social workers and even NKF reps. They all say the same thing..."it's policy for the department of corrections to ask for money..." What kind of country do we live in that denies an otherwise healthy person to live a normal life?
My brother, who is not up for parole until September of 2008 or 2009 is 26 years old, healthy, intelligent and extremely caring for his family. It also hurts him that I am sick and he is not able to help me. I know and he knows that we both made some stupid mistakes, but we are still good people. My fiance worries constantly if I will be here long enough to enjoy being a wife and mother of his adopted 7yr old son, Noah. We met a year ago and have been inseperable since. He came into my life just days before I was ready to sign papers to stop my dialysis treatments. I had enough and was tired of it. It is my belief that he was sent to me from God, that my prayers were answered when I asked God to help me, that I couldn't do it anymore and to please send me an angel...and he did. We are to be married May 5th, 2007. He supports me in every way and even wanted to donate his kidney to me until he found out about his high blood pressure. It just seems like when I find an answer or some kind of hope, something rips it away. I am just looking for some help on letting my brother donate his kidney to me, in a good hospital with good or at leat compitant and knowledgeable docotrs. Doctors who are up on the research and know what they are doing. I have ,little faith in my local medical team and hospital. I had previously contacted pinnacle health at Harrisburg hospital, but nothing has been carried out.(I keep hearing bad things from other patients)So, in closing I would just plead and ask for your help on getting the prison system to let us save my life.

Since: Feb 07

Shelby, OH

#2 Feb 5, 2007
Hi Melanie,
(I called WGAL TV to get your name and did a search on Google to find this forum..I heard your story on WGAL Friday News at Noon. You have captured my heart. Please contact me. I want to see if I can help you with your situation. I lived in Chambersburg for many years. I started a non-profit organization called "Summers End Jam" where local musicians came together to help an individual or individuals for medical treatment that was not covered by insurance. Please email me at friendscreek@gmail.com
Duong

Hanoi, Vietnam

#3 Feb 24, 2007
Hi
I am 23 years old.I want to sell my kidney.Plese contact with me on: Moonchild_xmas84@yahoo.com
Andersson

Göteborg, Sweden

#5 Mar 21, 2007
I would like to sell one of my kidneys for 60.000 USD. My blood type is B+, so, according to the blood type chart, I can only proceed with a person which have the same blood type.
My total price is final and non negotiable. 10 000 USD in advance for the green light via wire transfer. Green light means that I´m going to a place to meet you, do some medicine test and act. It's my job to make you confident on this by providing details of who I am and my real strong desire to go for the transplantation after this essential step.
If you are interested, write me an e-mail, only those of you who are serious about this. If you seem to be serious I will be happy to call you by phone for talking about the issue and proceed at a place of our convenience. I am 1.70cm tall, weight about 55 kilo. Female, my age is 35. I have always lived a healthy life, no smoking, drugs or drinking. I excercise up to 5 times a week, no illness what so ever in my life. I work as a webb consultant, singel mom. This is my way of changing direction in life for me and my son, in order to give my son a good education as well as a stronger economical situation. I live in Scandinavia.
EMAIL: k.andersson35@hotmail.com
Amy MacKay

Lehi, UT

#7 Apr 10, 2007
I have just read many stories of people around the world needing a kidney. I wish there was more of me, but unfortunately I am only one person with one kidney to give. I would love to be a kidney donor- I just need to know how to do it. If anyone can give me any information to help, please PLEASE let me know! I would love to help someone and donate a kidney. If you have any information to give, please email me at amybaby_327@hotmail.com. Thank you so much, Amy.
raj sharma

Bhopal, India

#8 Apr 11, 2007
hii im raj sharma from india....in have read ur article about ur kidnry... and im ready to give u my kidney. my blood group is a+. for more details conact on my mail id. rajsearch81@yahoo.com
caesar solomon

Cotonou, Benin

#14 Apr 23, 2007
hi am truely a good christian who will do anything to help a fellow person so am willing to give my kidney to any one who will be will. but though I migth not be near your home but we can fix things out by just dailing this number.+2348053103633.and sending an email to saintppcaezar@yahoo.com:thanks still expecting you/
Transplantservic e Kidney

Palma, Spain

#15 Apr 27, 2007
Information and support for kidney transplant abroad.
Please send us your email with your name and telefonnumber. We do not answer the emails from donors.
Information und Unterstützung von Nierenpatienten bei Nierentransplantation im Ausland.
Bitte keine Emails von Spendern!
Senden Sie Ihre Email mit Namen und Telefonnummer.
transplantservice@yahoo.com
Transplantation Ausland

Ibiza, Spain

#17 May 4, 2007
Nierentransplantation im Ausland
legal Kidney transplant abroad without any waitinglist
ARYAN

Bhopal, India

#23 Jun 2, 2007
TAKE MINE A+ I AM A BASKET BALL PLAYER AND I WILL GR8 FUL TO U IF U TAKE MINE
Brenda

Tacoma, WA

#28 Jun 18, 2007
Hi melanie i know how you feel.and im sorry well im 15 years old and my brother of the age of 23 has been in dyalysis for 2 1/2 years im sorry i cant help wat i need is help for my brother bacuse we are struguling with someone wat=nting to help him so if you knowe some one that will help him can you please email me at brenditahernandez1@yahoo.com i live in Tacoma,Wa thank you and i hope to hear from you.
upali

Malwana, Sri Lanka

#29 Jun 26, 2007
I am a buddhist monk from sri lanka, I like to donate my kidney, but i hope a little help. If u can help me to study, and get visa to usa or canada I am very happy. how ever i am ready to donate my kidney,
B+ type.
contact me - venupali@gmail.com, venupali@yahoo.com
whats truckin

AOL

#30 Jun 27, 2007
i have a B+ blood type and i will go for 60000 usd contract me by jamesbond231958@aol.com
Saeed

UAE

#31 Jul 5, 2007
Mail me if you didn't find kidney B+.
sah4488@yahoo.com
hi this is usha

India

#43 Oct 3, 2007
i dont need any help from u. . .just i want to save that childs lif
CARLOS

Lima, Peru

#44 Nov 27, 2007
I WANT MY KIDNEY A+.... BOY PERUVIAN.... 28 YEAR'S .... 15.000 USD....

peru0401@hotmail.com
ella

Nacka, Sweden

#45 Nov 29, 2007
Hi I would like to donate a kidney for a little amount of money.
I'm a healty female and do not smoke or drink... I'm 21 years old and live in sweden. If you are intrested please contact me trough my e-mail. ella.ella@live.se
david

Shenyang, China

#48 Jan 3, 2008
i have ab blood if you need you can contract me my number is :0086-15842180227 david
sherry

Bemidji, MN

#53 Feb 8, 2008
hi i don't smoke or drink. I have o positive and would like to donate my kidney but i would need money to where ever i need to go and about 40,000.00 USD.To help me in the future. contact me buy e-mail cartersb@paulbunyan.net
travis drexler

Revere, MA

#55 Feb 11, 2008
I stole a kidney from my parents...if you want it its yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneonta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fight Blight in Otsego County 6 hr KMVB 2
Debate: Marijuana - Oneonta, NY (Aug '10) Feb 26 Louis 11
Jason Corrigan 21 year old Candidate for Mayor ... (May '09) Feb 16 Yup 340
Yonkers Music Thread (Jan '13) Feb 2 Musikologist 9
Oneonta woman accused of card thefts (Feb '07) Jan '15 Jumpsuit-jen 44
BEWARE! Thief in your town!! Jan '15 Truthhurts 1
50 Drug Trafficking Suspects Arrested In New Ro... Dec '14 333stenbrian 1
Oneonta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web