All the CORRUPTION in BLOUNT COUNTY, ...

All the CORRUPTION in BLOUNT COUNTY, ALABAMA

Posted in the Oneonta Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Ex-citizen

Elgin, OK

#1 Feb 7, 2011
All the corruption in Blount county, Alabama is well known. Most ALL attorneys in Birmingham know about it and many won't even take a case if it's to be heard there, because:"Those judges up there in Blount county, don't like outside attorneys coming in and they make it very hard to win a case."

Surly the congressman serving Blount county, Alabama citizens HAS to be aware of it, and you'd think in all the years that it's been going on, SOMEONE would have brought it to the attention of the Attorney General's office!

With the way civil rights are disregarded and tromped all over of citizens being held in Blount county, Alabama jail both before and after trial, I'm amazed the ACLU hasn't already paid a visit to Blount county, Alabama!

Before one of "the corrupt" post a reply saying "It's NOT TRUE.", let me say it's NOT based on "hearsay". I have personally observed it on more than a few occassions, both concerning myself and others.

The only question is: Does anyone have any idea why it's being allowed to go on?
Or better yet, any ideas on how to stop it?
knows

San Antonio, FL

#2 Feb 8, 2011
state your facts
Ex-citizen

Elgin, OK

#3 Feb 13, 2011
What facts are you asking for?
knows

Eufaula, AL

#4 Feb 15, 2011
Ex-citizen wrote:
What facts are you asking for?
If you have facts of corruption, why not state them. Blount County has an agressive district attorney that would prosecute. You claim Judges, Attorneys and others no about corruption. Just saying there is corruption and crookedness is easy. Do something about it if you care.
Ex-citizen

Elgin, OK

#5 Feb 15, 2011
Would you suspect corruption if the following hypothetical situations were to actually occur?

Just before going into court, an attorney, who is based in Oneonta and has been practicing in Blount County well over twenty years, told a client: "This judge is going to find for the state, he always does. But if you appeal it, you'll win hands down with a jury trial..they always do."
And it turned out the attorney was RIGHT.

Another well seasoned attorney, who is not based in Blount County but is close enough that he has a lot of experience in Blount County courts, told a client who was charged with a felony: "We'd have a pretty good chance of getting this thrown out of court if it was somewhere else." Then he went on to explain all the legalities that backed up his comment. Then he said "Your case is absolutely winable! But to win it, the FIRST THING we have to do is, get it OUT of THIS court and into a court where you can get a FAIR trial" !!

Then in the courtroom when the judge asked: "How does the defendant plead?" The attorney answered, It doesn't matter your honor, we're going straight to appeal."
And yet the state's case was so weak there would be a good chance of getting it thrown out of any other court?!
If that actually happened would you think he KNEW from experience, defendants don't get fair trials in Blount county courts?

A man (who wasn't raised in Oneonta) filed a law suit against a woman (who grew up and still lives there)to recoupe damages he had suffered due to the woman having the man arrested on false charges.

It was a cut and dried case, that the man,(not from around here)would have no problem winning against the woman (born and raised here)due to the man having undeniable, documented, proof that the woman filed the charges, of the charges being false, that the woman knew they were false charges, and of the itemized LIST of damages the man suffered due to the woman's illegal actions against him.

When the case went to court in Blount county, the man(a "outsider") tried to give copies of the documented proof of his case to the (local hometown)judge and the defendant(local hometown girl)but he was told to hold on to it until later.

When the man took the stand to tell his side of the story, he tried again to present the proof of what he was saying to the judge and defendant. He was told by the judge, he would be given the opportunity to present his proof at the proper time.

Then the local hometown girl took the stand and as she answered questions, the man asked the judge once again if he could present his documents NOW that would PROVE the woman was lying. The judge told the man again, he could present it in just a few minutes and asked the man if he had any more questions to ask the woman? Then asked the woman if she had any questions to ask the man? The man said "no", the woman said "no", then the judge said: "You'll have my decesion within a week."

The man tried again for the fourth time to give the judge the documents that proved his case beyond any kind of doubt, but the judge told the man he couldn't give the court anything now that the trial was over. The man told the judge that the judge wouldn't have the list of his damages without the documents he had been denied three times to present before the trial was over.

The bailiff stepped up to the man and told him he couldn't give anything to the judge after the trial was over and pointed toward the door.

If that was a REAL case, with documentation proving beyond any doubt that the court should find in favor of the "outsider" over the "hometown girl." but DIDN'T, what would you think?

What if, as soon as they heard "not from around here", local folks told you "That man ain't got a chance of winning!"

I've got one more for later, but we both know if those were REAL situations, NONE of those people, especially the lawyers, or I, would lay our necks on the chopping block by standing up and telling what they knew or what they saw!
knows

Norman Park, GA

#6 Feb 16, 2011
Have you talked to Casie, the new district attorney? She is agressive and would like to no about this
Anonymous

Oneonta, AL

#7 Feb 18, 2011
So how does anybody appeal to a jury? Juries don't hear appeals -- only judges do.
wolfgang

Oneonta, AL

#8 Mar 4, 2011
Don't you just love it when someone states unsubstantiated "facts": no names, no specific cases, unnamed judges and courts and characters. That's what's wrong with the internet. Anyone with a personal gripe (or maybe he's just a nut) can spout diarrhea of the mouth and a lot of people think its the truth. Makes them feel like a big shot.
clem

Oneonta, AL

#9 May 20, 2011
Do you live here wolfgang. and bout you knowsyou realy think Casie will do something she spends time in the court room she see's it go on every day she's part of it i could just spout of at th mouth like some but to keep my selfout of the lime lite i wouldn't step u for nothing an i personal can tell u names an things bout the officals in this town i've been a part of itand i suppect that ol wolfgang knows bout it to or he would not be so defencive bout it
Ex-citizen

Calhoun City, MS

#10 May 21, 2011
If you are considering moving to Oneonta or Blount county please rethink that move! I mean road blocks EVERY month should tell you something!

They can't even tell you how much your property taxes are! I called and they gave me a figure but immediately followed it with this statement: "But if we don't get it by tomorrow it will goe up."
So I said "Ok, how much will it go up, I'll just go ahead make my check for the higher amount?"
She said: " I don't know." So I asked if she could find out from someone. "No." "No one knows how much it will go up until tomorrow."

I waited a month and called again. Got the very same story! And found out the amount it went up was DOUBLE! "But if we don't get it by tomorrow, it will go up again." And once again, NOBODY knew HOW MUCH it would go up!!! Rather than take a chance of it DOUBLING AGAIN, I drove 80 miles and paid it in person the next day.

They make you buy a water meter when you build a new home or move a mobile home to a new lot. They charge you Two Thousand Five Hundred dollars for it and then charge you another five hundred dollars to dig from their pipe to your meter.
You BUY the meter. But it's NOT YOURS! You can't take it with you when you move! If you move to a new lot, you HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE!!!

I refused to be screwed AGAIN!. I just left a mobile home sitting on a lot with no water and got the hell out of Blount county!!! It's for sale! Anyone want to buy a mobile home on a nice wooded 3/4 acre lot on Holiday lake? Just know up front, it will cost you more to get a water meter than it would to have it moved somewhere else!!

I've given up. I'm out of there and don't care enough to continue this thread.
cekott

Maylene, AL

#11 Jun 11, 2011
i just got out of a blount co holding cell, for being charged with an illegal poss of beverage. i havent been drinking, bc the bottle was old and only contained pretty much the backwash and it was in the back seat under some clothes etc. went through a road block, they accused me of having weed, which i didnt, they tore the car apart looking, which was pointless. i told them i had a close to empty pint container of alchahol. and the condition of the holding cell was horible. feces on the wall, i was told to clean someone elses wet toilet paper off the wall. all the blacks i saw get booked automatically got put in the solitary cells to the side, and two of the guys were in Cintas uniform work shirts. they denied them phone calls. they took my TP my water cup and pulled the shades over my cell for over 24 hrs. bc i saw them pull a taser on a guy asking to use the phone.... i was raised in blount co. but i can happily say that place will NEVER NEVER NEVER be my home. one of the worst places ever in the United states of america.you have absolutely ZERO rights in that town. and didnt the last sherriff get caught drugging and sodomizing a lesbian officer there a couple of years back? crazy to see he wasnt locked up there.....corruptness. i plan on filing a formal complaint to my state rep. and the ACLU.
wake up

Oneonta, AL

#12 Jul 3, 2011
wolfgang wrote:
Don't you just love it when someone states unsubstantiated "facts": no names, no specific cases, unnamed judges and courts and characters. That's what's wrong with the internet. Anyone with a personal gripe (or maybe he's just a nut) can spout diarrhea of the mouth and a lot of people think its the truth. Makes them feel like a big shot.
Wolfgang, whoever ex-citizen is, it's apparent that he/she is smart enough NOT to name names, give specific cases, etc because I know for a fact that before Pamela Casey came along, folks who spoke out about the corruption and tried exposing the creeps, either ended up in jail on trumped up charges to ruin their credibility or DEAD. It's not a game and it's not make believe! I, for one, am praying that Casey will hold her ground and take down corrupt judges, lawyers, cops, etc in this county.
wake up

Allgood, AL

#13 Sep 10, 2011
I'd like to amend my last comment...Casey has fallen into the corruption ranks of her predecessor......Sad...
Ex-citizen

Ludlow, VT

#14 Sep 12, 2011
"Knows" wrote:"Blount County has an agressive district attorney that would prosecute. You claim Judges, Attorneys and others no about corruption. Just saying there is corruption and crookedness is easy. Do something about it if you care."

"wake up" wrote:
"...before Pamela Casey came along, folks who spoke out about the corruption and tried exposing the creeps, either ended up in jail on trumped up charges to ruin their credibility or DEAD. It's not a game and it's not make believe! I, for one, am praying that Casey will hold her ground and take down corrupt judges, lawyers, cops, etc in this county."

NOW "wake up" writes:
"...amend my last comment...Casey has fallen into the corruption ranks of her predecessor."

Sure am glad I didn't take the advice of folks who told me to go to her with names, dates and cases!
I don't understand why people put so much faith in people they DON'T EVEN KNOW!!!
That's what's wrong with this COUNTRY! All you "Good Citizen" who "vote"!...
...for politicians that you know absolutely NOTHING ABOUT!!! Clinton was elected for a second term after all that scandle because.......???
Do you know it was the female vote that got him elected? Do you know what the number one answer was when women were asked WHY they voted for him?
He was re-elected because..........No.1 answer:
"He's NICE LOOKING" !!!!!!!!!!

This is where I used to say:"WAKE UP!"
But I don't say that anymore... it's too late to do anything now. So just continue to focus on the things that are MORE IMPORTANT, like ..... FOOTBALL and ...NASCAR! You're leaving your kids and grand kids a "good enough" county /country to live in. Right?
I have nothing else to say.
wake up

Allgood, AL

#15 Sep 13, 2011
ex-citizen, atleast I could admit I was wrong about her and before she was elected, I did learn all I could about her. I talked to her at length even and apparently either I was just easily snowed or something happened to change her. Either way, I'm NOT one of the people who vote for someone because they "look" good or have a cool sounding name or just because she is a woman, etc.
And I'm sorry, but you are wrong about it being too late now. My kids and grandkids deserve better and I'm willing to stand up and atleast try to make a difference. Maybe one person can't make a difference but I'm never gonna stop trying.
knows

Altoona, AL

#16 Sep 28, 2011
well said "ex-citizen" People are about to find out some things they should have learned for themselves before voting. Trouble's a comin'. Sit back and watch.
kaseydene

Thomson, GA

#18 Jul 24, 2012
knows wrote:
Have you talked to Casie, the new district attorney? She is agressive and would like to no about this


You spelled "know" wrong. Second, Casie is crooked as they come. Idk how she sleeps at night she makes me sick
Ex-citizen

Centre, AL

#19 Jul 27, 2012
To: Justice1313

You're MISSING it! Jon Benets case didn't happen in BLOUNT County! You can't apply ANYTHING that happened or happens ANYWHERE ELSE to BLOUNT COUNTY. It's a whole different world.

First: You can't "vote out" JUDGES. Next suggestion?
Huummmm... That kinda ENDS IT, doesn't it?

Second: If all the corruption is voted out, there's nobody LEFT! Even second and third generations are learning it, by way of the examples being set.
It's not a superficial problem, it goes all the way to the children.

I saw and was personally served, so much injustice that it got to the point that not only was I no longer surprised by it, but came to expect it.

As far as talking to the media, one fellow on another Blount county topic on this site, laid it out as plain as it gets, when he said: "In the past, when folks tried to get outside forces involved, they either wound up in jail on B.S. charges or dead. Personally, I don't want to wind up EITHER way. So THEY can HAVE IT!(Until GOD says "ENOUGH!" then I'll cheer as it rains fire and brimstone.)

So "SHAME ON YOU!" For shameing people when you don't know the whole story! AND you live in NEW JERSEY??!!
Teejay

Warrior, AL

#20 Sep 7, 2012
Corruption is Blount County's middle name. Pamela Casey is pocketing money hand over fist because she knows she dont have a chance of getting re-elected,(this is off subject but she also has female odor problems that gags everyone around her.) but worse than that, she is a liar. Larry Dabbs is a known pedophile but hes still allowed to hang out at the ballparks during little league games and he religiously goes on trips with the boy scouts. Charlie Turner thinks his badge is a crown although he is a well known drug user in his circle of close "friends." But these type of things have always been swept under the rug in this county because the Blount County Sheriff's Department as a whole are all cowards, hypocrites and liars and thy dont want any more negative publicity especially since the former sheriff got caught drugging and raping a deputy, which of course the hypocritical "powers that be" of Blount County chose not to charge him with a crime as long as he stepped down from his position as sheriff, which he did. If that had been me or you we would never see the light of day again. These spineless cowards should be held to the same standards the rest of us are held to and held accountable for their actions. No matter what they think, they arent above the law.

Since: Sep 12

Shannon, AL

#21 Sep 16, 2012
WELL MS. CASEY NOR ANY OF OUR DETECTIVES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO CANDACE GUAJARDO KNOWING THERE WAS FOUL PLAY BUT TO SCARED TO TELL...IF YOUR THAT SCARED RESIGN...WE DON'T NEED SCARDY CATS OR ANYONE IN OFFICE THAT IS SCARED TO FIND THE TRUTH!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneonta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News payday loans monthly p... (Jan '12) 2 hr hitcashnow 7
Justin mac neil (hatchet man, Cleveland, Al) se... Jul 10 curious in Clevel... 1
Sugarland Neglected (Mar '09) Jun '16 Dawn 20
why are there no files of trials in blount coun... Jun '16 Ex-Citizen 1
Judge Steven King (Jun '11) May '16 mary 51
Blount County Sheriff's Deputies=JOKE!!! (Sep '10) Jan '16 Casey 8
so what really happened to Candace Guajardo (May '12) Jan '16 BillyBigBoy 101

Oneonta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oneonta Mortgages