Gunfire Scares Away Ambulance

Gunfire Scares Away Ambulance

There are 15 comments on the WBMA story from Jun 7, 2008, titled Gunfire Scares Away Ambulance. In it, WBMA reports that:

Pennie Bickerstaff knew that with every moment the paramedics did not arrive, her 22-year-old son Daniel's life was withering away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBMA.

Kathleen

Blountsville, AL

#1 Jun 8, 2008
I think that it is ridiculous that the police cannot or will not do anything about the situation. My son drives an ambulance and told me about what goes on all the time out there.
I am so sorry about your loss. I pray that God will comfort you.
betty

Oneonta, AL

#2 Jun 27, 2008
we need to let the big shot police know that they work for the public. it time we let the maynor and his body that works for him what we want for oneonta.betty
wondering

Oneonta, AL

#3 Jun 28, 2008
this situation is becoming a problem in blount county not just in hoods cross road area, the recue personal are never to go on any unsercured area for there own safety ,in any part of the county ,
VICTIM OF ONEONTA

Oneonta, AL

#4 Jul 4, 2008
The law enforcement in this entire county needs to be reassessed. They need to fire about 90% of the exisiting staff. in alll citites in Blount.

I hate this God Forsaken County. If I did not have aging parents I would leave here in a New York Minute!!!!!!!!!!
wondering

Oneonta, AL

#5 Jul 5, 2008
victom of oneonta i would persume that they make a lot of money on speeding tickets , including court cost and all , so i guess they will keep writing the tickets , i know several who have gotten tickets there , the county supports oneonta one way or the other, people shopping there , tickets they write, evertime we go there and shop we support them in general there school system then try getting a county child in that school and see what more we have to pay . if the people of the county starting supporting there own local bussiness and took there shoping else where reckon how long before they would hit hard times,
VICTIM OF ONEONTA

Oneonta, AL

#6 Jul 5, 2008
Wondering.....funny you mentioned that. Just today, my mom and I went all the way to Pinson and Trussville and have decided to take ALL our money out of this city. I spend a lot. I also had to purchase a 80.00 car cover for my Cadillac because it keeps getting egged in my driveway and the P.D. does nothing except threaten me for making fake phone calls!!! Good Lord!

I will no longer spend a cent in this town.
thinking

Oneonta, AL

#7 Jul 5, 2008
you know is is not a bad ideal for us to start supporting our bussiness in our on area i am sure they will be thankful if we do we have a lot of nice restraunt and other gas stations fast food places .dollar stores and so forth in blount county . i am sure they would thank us for our support , other than the walmart other towns pretty much have what oneonta has ,
VICTIM OF ONEONTA

Oneonta, AL

#8 Jul 6, 2008
Thinking, that is certainly your prerogative. But I just don't think this town deserves my support any longer. Especially when I pay high property taxes and get no protection from the police, etc.

Lot's of businesses in town have closed, I have noticed....seems there are a lot of "fly by night " shops, open one day, closed the next. I wish I could talk my aging parents into moving somewhere else, so I could sell out and do the same, but they won't. My daughter is very popular at Oneonta High School, so she has 3 more yrs. I cannot uproot her at this point either. But I cannot wait for the day I can tell this town and ALL it's corrupt officials to kiss my a......
betty

Oneonta, AL

#9 Jul 10, 2008
i know people think the chamber president is a good guy but he is not getting the right thing for the town we need a good plant for workers in oneonta and cafe that is a family place and stay open at night.
sick of oneonta

Oneonta, AL

#10 Sep 8, 2008
Well, folks...in one week I am out of here. Moving to the Altamont/Redmont area of Birmingham. Cannot take it here anymore. My daughter will attend a private school.

I'm not going to miss Oneonta...that is for certain. There are a few nice folks up here I will miss, but that is about it. And my house, it's very nice, hate to sell it.

The corrupt police, etc. can have their dusty, dirty little moth-eaten town. and kiss my a.....
Hmmm

United States

#11 Apr 19, 2009
And Birmingham is better? Good luck with that!
sick of oneonta wrote:
Well, folks...in one week I am out of here. Moving to the Altamont/Redmont area of Birmingham. Cannot take it here anymore. My daughter will attend a private school.
I'm not going to miss Oneonta...that is for certain. There are a few nice folks up here I will miss, but that is about it. And my house, it's very nice, hate to sell it.
The corrupt police, etc. can have their dusty, dirty little moth-eaten town. and kiss my a.....
Concerned Citizen

Oneonta, AL

#12 May 22, 2009
Did anything ever become of this?

I'm going to assume no since it still looks like Little Mexico down through there.
Natasha Martin

Altoona, AL

#13 Jun 10, 2009
Oneonta has turned to be "little Mexico".
That was a good point a concerned citizen made in Blountsville Alabama. I have traveled a lot of towns in Blount County and all I see is Mexicans.
They will live anywhere !!!!
Someone tell the truth

Oneonta, AL

#14 Jun 12, 2009
This incident did not even happen in Oneonta. It happened in blount county outside of the city of Oneonta. Oneonta Police would have NO jurisdiction over this case. I tried to find a law about this and it appears that our congress is to busy giving themselves raises to be worried with writing laws that would address the gun shots or the amount of illegal immigrants that live in the United States.
josie

Oneonta, AL

#15 Jun 28, 2009
Natasha Martin wrote:
Oneonta has turned to be "little Mexico".
That was a good point a concerned citizen made in Blountsville Alabama. I have traveled a lot of towns in Blount County and all I see is Mexicans.
They will live anywhere !!!!
You are so right! And I cannot help but wonder why the continue to move here by the hundreds. Some moved into the house behind me and my property value went to hell. It was a nice place until they junked it all up and have all those junk cars, trucks, garbage and 15 screaming kids running around 24-7.

I see them out drunk and being disorderly every weekend ad playing latin music so damn loud I feel as though I am in Tijuana. Grrrrr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneonta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Moore not marrying people of the same sex. Sep 26 Paula Jones 1
News Horse-riding, 10 Commandments-defending judge n... Aug '17 Christsharians on... 2
vets Jul '17 furbabies 1
so what really happened to Candace Guajardo (May '12) May '17 Unknown 102
Blount County Sheriff's Deputies=JOKE!!! (Sep '10) Apr '17 Cindyann 9
kathy tidmore (Sep '08) Apr '17 Ex-citizen 28
All the CORRUPTION in BLOUNT COUNTY, ALABAMA (Feb '11) Apr '17 ex-citizen 84

Oneonta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oneonta Mortgages