Drugs being sold to smhs students

Drugs being sold to smhs students

Posted in the Oneonta Forum

concerned resident

Plant City, FL

#1 Oct 3, 2010
Our kids are being corrupted by a 26 year old and her husband let's fight back and do something about it !!!! Her name is Arla and her husband goes by pee wee
voice of reason

Oneonta, AL

#2 Oct 14, 2010
Look, I understand you being upset about drugs being sold to kids because my kids have been offered everything under the sun. I get angry and defensive too but that's about the end of it because first--if a kid is going to do drugs, they are going to seek them out and get them somewhere..bottom line. The only thing that we as parents can do is teach our kids about the dangers of drugs (the TRUE dangers not the lies spread by propaganda. the TRUE dangers are real enough. It's never made sense why media and law makers have to blow things out of proportion)and hope and pray that they make the right choices, but if we lie to them (see above) or if we make a major deal out of going after suspected dealers, all it does it get their curiosity up and they seek it out even more. If the people you mentioned are using trickery to get kids to start drugs (disguise it as candy, etc) then that is a different story and law enforcement should be informed immediately. Drug task force in the county is the best it has ever been but they are also very low budgeted and short staffed, but I have no doubt they would put that as a priority if trickery is being used.
As for mentioning those people's names in your post, please be careful because if you are not absolutely positive (as in you have SEEN them deal drugs) then you could be held legally accountable for libel.
So, to sum it up...TEACH, INFORM and just as importantly...DON'T give your kids any money to take to school with them. Put their lunch money on their account and let them go to school with no more than a dollar in their pocket. Kids can't buy drugs if they have no money and drug dealers aren't in the habit of giving it away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneonta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Search warrant at Hubbs Auto Repair? What happe... Jul 2 Prettyncleveland 1
News Two Etowah County Men Reported Missing (Dec '09) Jun 24 Marie 34
highland lake 12743 n.y. (Jun '09) Jun 8 Bob 9
All the CORRUPTION in BLOUNT COUNTY, ALABAMA (Feb '11) May '15 Bcso34 70
please help me with question (Dec '06) May '15 Ex-citizen 7
so what really happened to Candace Guajardo (May '12) May '15 Reaper 99
All investigations against Blount/Oneonta Courts May '15 Curiouser 2
More from around the web

Oneonta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE