wondering

United States

#1 May 17, 2012
How many of you are tired of the way wall mart is? The lack of help from the employees? All you have to do is call the corporate office. The number is 1 800 wall mart. Complain so that maybe we can get employees that know where the products are, employees that are not rude and not on their cell phones
If we as a community do not come together on this, wall mart headquarters will never know they have a problem with this one.
justsaying

Huntsville, TN

#2 May 17, 2012
wondering wrote:
How many of you are tired of the way wall mart is? The lack of help from the employees? All you have to do is call the corporate office. The number is 1 800 wall mart. Complain so that maybe we can get employees that know where the products are, employees that are not rude and not on their cell phones
If we as a community do not come together on this, wall mart headquarters will never know they have a problem with this one.
Leave them people alone I alway get help when I need it. Them people have to put up with rude people like you.
its me

United States

#3 May 17, 2012
How many times have you gone to walmart and they stop carrying the products you use or like. For a super walmart this one is managed and run very poorly. Go to somerset or even clinton and you will see with your own eyes, plus look at how much more your favorite store is priced higher. This store could and can be better, unfortunately its not about church or druggies so nobody will care.
wondering

United States

#4 May 18, 2012
justsaying wrote:
<quoted text>Leave them people alone I alway get help when I need it. Them people have to put up with rude people like you.
I am not trying to be rude, I only want this wall mart to be as professional as the one in Clinton. I don't think that's to much to ask for. I called the corporate office and they said that if more people called with their complaints, something would be done, however, if no one complaines then they can fix nothing. I truly am not trying to be rude, I only want to be able to go to this wall mart and not have to go to the one in Clinton. I guess I was wrong in my thinking that maybe this county was interested in anything other than who is ratting, who is sleeping with who, or whatever someone can say about someone to try to start nasty untrue rumors.
I know

Oneida, TN

#5 May 18, 2012
I call 1800walmart anytime I have aproblem. This store is the rudest I have ever been in. The one in Jamestown is friendlier, has a better selection and even lower prices. Have you looked at the clothing line at the Oneida Wal-Mart? It looks like whatever no one else wanted. Now go to Jacksboro Clinton or Jamestown. They have nice clothes.
So true

Wartburg, TN

#6 May 18, 2012
I agree I have been in other Walmarts and they look a lot better than Oneida's and the employees at Oneida's are rude and don't want to help you, and try to call there and get no answer and when you do they sound so rude in trying to help, I my self hate to even go in that store
who else

Prattville, AL

#7 May 18, 2012
Yeah i have a real problem with our walmart. A lady fell up there yesterday and all they done was MAKE her get up and put her in a motorized wheel chair and told her if she needed help with her stuff to tell the cashier. Turns out she had to go have xrays.
just shut up

Oakdale, TN

#8 May 19, 2012
I fell at the front door. There was a rock IN THE DOORWAY! They did not even check on me, ask if i was ok. When i complained about it, they told me to talk to the man that cleans the parking lot. It was his problem, not Walmarts. I should have sued their butts off.
not all bad

Wartburg, TN

#9 May 19, 2012
What bothers me is that you are lumping all Walmart employees in one bundle and saying they are rude. Not all Walmart employees are rude. There are some who always try to make the customers feel welcome and who will go beyond what is required to assist the customers.
I know

Oneida, TN

#10 May 19, 2012
not all bad wrote:
What bothers me is that you are lumping all Walmart employees in one bundle and saying they are rude. Not all Walmart employees are rude. There are some who always try to make the customers feel welcome and who will go beyond what is required to assist the customers.
What you say is true, BUT it does seem that there are more rude employees than helpful and friendly at the oneida Wal-Mart. It seems to be no employee moral. No one seems happy there anymore. It has been like this for a long time, just seems to be getting worse and worse. Some of the managers are on power trips, and none of them know what any of the others are doing. I understand people have to work. They have to pay bills, but to be so miserable...it is not right. Go in Wal-Mart of oneida and look at the employees. Just how many do you see that appear even half way happy? How many seem to relaly enjoy their job? Very Very few. It is time that Wal-Mart Corporate knew exactly what is going on at this store. It is up to us, the customer, to call them and tell them.
Sooo sad

Montclair, NJ

#11 May 19, 2012
the only issue i hear is that walmart is not carrying what u want and what i want to know is how is that the employees fault? Oh thats right its not,so understand how much they get cursed because someone cant find something walk a day in those shoes then have something to say
qualitycheck

Oakdale, TN

#12 May 19, 2012
Sooo sad wrote:
the only issue i hear is that walmart is not carrying what u want and what i want to know is how is that the employees fault? Oh thats right its not,so understand how much they get cursed because someone cant find something walk a day in those shoes then have something to say
Been there, done that. I worked there and was cursed at, call every name in the book, but I STILL WAS POLITE AND HELPFUL. To work in the public, you have to be like a duck, and let this crap roll off your back. I just smiled at the customers, said yes maam, no sir, is there anything else I can help you with.

I never ducked a customer, I greeted every single customer I saw. I made eye contact to let them know that I knew they were there. You can have a bad day and still make someone's day better, just by smiling at them and saying hello.
Johnny-Bob

Wartburg, TN

#13 May 19, 2012
I stopped shopping at our local Wal-Mart when I had to go outside of Scott County to work. I had a few issues when I did shop there:(1) they would stock the shelfs on Friday, one of the biggest shopping days of the week. The isles were always full, it was hard to move around, and took longer to shop; (2) when you did need help, none of the workers were available; (3) they never had enough check-outs open to serve the quantity of customers they had at the time; (4) they were slow serving their customers.

Simply put, I don't think they have enough staff, and I don't think that's going to change. Why should they hire more people to help when they know they have no competition here?

On the good side, I can't say I've ever met a rude worker. Some are not friendly at all, but I would not call them rude.

And to whoever complained about the workers not being happy: Would you be happy knowing you and your co-workers were working at low wages for a large company who will never offer full-time work, because they don't want to pay benefits for you? And before you say, "That's their choice," please remember this is Scott County - we don't have choices here anymore. We do what we have to to survive.
just me

Oneida, TN

#14 May 19, 2012
qualitycheck wrote:
<quoted text>Been there, done that. I worked there and was cursed at, call every name in the book, but I STILL WAS POLITE AND HELPFUL. To work in the public, you have to be like a duck, and let this crap roll off your back. I just smiled at the customers, said yes maam, no sir, is there anything else I can help you with.
I never ducked a customer, I greeted every single customer I saw. I made eye contact to let them know that I knew they were there. You can have a bad day and still make someone's day better, just by smiling at them and saying hello.
You are one of the few. Maybe they should let you teach the other employees how to act in public. I am not being smart. I am serious. It is the bad ones that just outshine the good ones.
qualitycheck

Oakdale, TN

#15 May 19, 2012
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the few. Maybe they should let you teach the other employees how to act in public. I am not being smart. I am serious. It is the bad ones that just outshine the good ones.
There have been times i have wanted to ask if they were trained in the WAL-MART WAY, but i didn't. Before Mr. Sam died, if you were caught not speaking to a customer, you would have been written up.

But most people don't understand, at Walmart you are considered a part-time employee, even if you work 39 1/2 hrs a week. They let you work up to 39 hr and 59 minutes, and you had better clock out before that time hits 40 hrs or you will be written up.

Any overages or anything else comes out of the managers bonuses. That is why we don't have enough people to work the store. More employees, less bonus for managers.
OCTO-Tighe

Sunbright, TN

#16 May 19, 2012
OVER ALL I rate the Oneida WALMART a B+.

Still in the Older Walmart & even in FOOD CITY tried to buy ORANGE MARMALADE (Sugarless) Both places and Scenic Foods am told There is no such product! So I get it directly frm Sumkers in Orrville or from other manufacturers!

Walmart's in ONEIDA has NO local competition - while LaFollette & Clinton have fierce COMPETITION!

Coimpetition is why We can drive to knxville to see a Doctor, Eat at a Restaurant and arrive back in Huntsville in the amount of time it takes to see a doctor here in Scott County!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#17 May 19, 2012
dont be a bashin the wal marts too bad thar buddy, that thar wal marts folds up and this hyar county fold with it! aint nothin else left heer cept a few rest'runts and the big orange country store!
what

United States

#18 May 20, 2012
ataraxia wrote:
dont be a bashin the wal marts too bad thar buddy, that thar wal marts folds up and this hyar county fold with it! aint nothin else left heer cept a few rest'runts and the big orange country store!
You a retard typing like that you ant cute
uhmm

Oneida, TN

#19 May 20, 2012
I know quite a number employees there who are nice and helpful and do their various jobs well, and just a few who are rude or sneer at some people or make big issues out of minor things or things that are none of their business. It's those few with that bad attitude that usually cause problems for others, including customers; or maybe their manager has a rotten demeanor or powertrip on, which automatically trickles down. Some times I can't tell whether they are maybe having a bad day, problems at home, or just judge others instead of themselves.

A positive and friendly attitude not only lifts others up, it usually lifts up the one doing it as well. Go Ahead...MAKE MY DAY!(and yours) I know it's hard with all the bad stuff going on here right now, but a negative attitude doesn't help a THANG!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scott County Middle School Basketball 32 min talisman 10
Did someone shoot themselves this weekend? 1 hr Maggie 6
The joy's of living with a druggie. 2 hr JustSayin 14
Busted county commisioners 11 hr Red Root 11
Keeping Track of Foodstamp Fraud at HPSC 14 hr Mike 13
Huntsville School 16 hr Just a thought 1
Shot on Gum Fork Road 22 hr Erskine Angel 2
County Commissioner Thu Eleanor 21

Oneida Jobs

More from around the web