Scott County One Giant Yard Sale

Posted in the Oneida Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mee

Huntsville, TN

#1 Jun 30, 2010
Has anybody noticed how trashy scott co looks with all of these yard sale some of these people are doing this full time, needs to be regulated, I'm all for these sales but there needs to be some restrictions on where, how long of time, and are they bringing stuff from home to make and extra buck fine but if they are doing this for a living they need to open a business or go to flea market, the one lady in the white pickup down at phillips is there all of the time and the guys up on the four lane rent the little red building to store there stuff in do thes people have business licenses?????
well

Oneida, TN

#2 Jun 30, 2010
This is a very poor county. Some people have to do what they have to do to feed their families. If I had to pick things from my house to sell every day to feed my kids then I would. Jobs are hard to come by around here so you have to do what is necessary.
not there

Oneida, TN

#3 Jun 30, 2010
yard sales happen everywhere not just in scott county. that might be there only income.and if its trashy to buy yard sale stuff. then i guess im trashy because thats all i can afford.
lindsey

Oneida, TN

#4 Jun 30, 2010
not there wrote:
yard sales happen everywhere not just in scott county. that might be there only income.and if its trashy to buy yard sale stuff. then i guess im trashy because thats all i can afford.
im trashy to i buy from yeard sales every week and i have meet some nice people buying from them there going to be a big sele at the gravel pit tomorrow woman said every thang she got will be a dollar of less
sammy

Oneida, TN

#5 Jun 30, 2010
mee wrote:
Has anybody noticed how trashy scott co looks with all of these yard sale some of these people are doing this full time, needs to be regulated, I'm all for these sales but there needs to be some restrictions on where, how long of time, and are they bringing stuff from home to make and extra buck fine but if they are doing this for a living they need to open a business or go to flea market, the one lady in the white pickup down at phillips is there all of the time and the guys up on the four lane rent the little red building to store there stuff in do thes people have business licenses?????
what make scott country look so bad is the drug dealers i bet you would love to see them set up like the yard sales
Scott Resident

Oneida, TN

#6 Jun 30, 2010
This is the only source of income for some of these people. So many have been laid off. Give them a break.
scott co girl

Huntsville, TN

#7 Jun 30, 2010
there is also going to be a lady with new name brand jeans for 3-5 dollars at the gravel pit thursday July 1 through saturday I believe, she is raising money for missionaries.

P.S I love yard sales as well (shopping, not so good at the selling part)
New Challenger

United States

#8 Jun 30, 2010
not there wrote:
yard sales happen everywhere not just in scott county. that might be there only income.and if its trashy to buy yard sale stuff. then i guess im trashy because thats all i can afford.
Just throwing this out there...how can you afford internet/computer then? My internet costs 60/month.
Not Trashy

United States

#9 Jun 30, 2010
mee wrote:
Has anybody noticed how trashy scott co looks with all of these yard sale some of these people are doing this full time, needs to be regulated, I'm all for these sales but there needs to be some restrictions on where, how long of time, and are they bringing stuff from home to make and extra buck fine but if they are doing this for a living they need to open a business or go to flea market, the one lady in the white pickup down at phillips is there all of the time and the guys up on the four lane rent the little red building to store there stuff in do thes people have business licenses?????
I agree. I personally think the town looks trashy with all those people selling stuff along 27. I have never seen anywhere people just put things on top of their car and try to sell them. Where once stood a business people are now selling their hepatitis covered crap. Keep YARD sales in YOUR yard.

im a yard seller

Oneida, TN

#10 Jun 30, 2010
Not Trashy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I personally think the town looks trashy with all those people selling stuff along 27. I have never seen anywhere people just put things on top of their car and try to sell them. Where once stood a business people are now selling their hepatitis covered crap. Keep YARD sales in YOUR yard.
you must make alote of money selling drugs so you go to walmart and spend your money you dumb F---
Abe

United States

#11 Jul 1, 2010
im a yard seller wrote:
<quoted text>you must make alote of money selling drugs so you go to walmart and spend your money you dumb F---
classy.
With an attitude like that, I'm surprised you can't find a real job.
john

Sunbright, TN

#12 Jul 1, 2010
i say most people that are setn up yard sales are drawing ssi o well
everthought

Huntsville, TN

#13 Jul 1, 2010
This may be one of the reasons we cant get stores and industry to come here, if I owned a business I would complain to the city and county, all of the stores should turn in their business licenses and sale tax permits and just sell their stuff out in front of their building, how could they do anything to them their not doing anything to the "yard sellers".
everthought

Huntsville, TN

#14 Jul 1, 2010
There is nothing wrong with people having a Yard Sale at their home in their yard or garage its done everywhere, what looks bad is the way they line up on the side of the road and in vacant lots...
Steve

United States

#15 Jul 1, 2010
Free enterprise and our capitalist culture were built on people selling their goods and possessions out on the streets & bartering. These people you are complaining about are doing this for survival. Put aside your hoyty toyty mentallity for a minute and think about what you would do to survive. If they aren't doing this, they would have no other choice but to steal or deal drugs, but I'd imagine they were raised better than that. I'm ok with them doing this in open lots and parking lots. If I don't like the way it looks, I DON'T LOOK!! When business start coming to town, they may be able to provide jobs for these folks who have to resort to this type of income. What looks bad is how the rest of this country is falling apart. Cheers to those who are resilient and will sell what few possessions they have to survive. I'd rather THEY get my money than Uncle Slam.
everthought

Huntsville, TN

#16 Jul 1, 2010
Steve wrote:
Free enterprise and our capitalist culture were built on people selling their goods and possessions out on the streets & bartering. These people you are complaining about are doing this for survival. Put aside your hoyty toyty mentallity for a minute and think about what you would do to survive. If they aren't doing this, they would have no other choice but to steal or deal drugs, but I'd imagine they were raised better than that. I'm ok with them doing this in open lots and parking lots. If I don't like the way it looks, I DON'T LOOK!! When business start coming to town, they may be able to provide jobs for these folks who have to resort to this type of income. What looks bad is how the rest of this country is falling apart. Cheers to those who are resilient and will sell what few possessions they have to survive. I'd rather THEY get my money than Uncle Slam.
Its ok with you because you cant see it from your house, this topix is for people in Scott county that are tired of looking and all of the old used rags strung from one car to another being sold for 10 cent each why bother.....
Steve

United States

#17 Jul 1, 2010
Hmmm, maybe I can see it from my house ;) Not only that but Scott County is not the only town that has situations like you describe. I respect someone for try to sell their rags hanging from their cars, more than I would someone who would rob, steal or beg for a handout and won't lift a finger to help other or themselves.
what

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Jul 1, 2010
i do live in scott co and i feel like if this is the only way for them to make ends meet leave em alone at least they are trying which is more than i can say for most who just lay there when they get knocked down not everyone is as well off as others
not there

Strunk, KY

#19 Jul 1, 2010
until a few weeks i worked but im laid off for right now. i pay 45 a month for my internet.im a single mom so i have to watch were my money goes. i buy all my clothes at yards or on clearence at walmart. there is nothing wrong with yard sales. i would rather see a yard sale than a yard full of junk laying around. if a business lets the fact that people have yard sales keep them from coming in we dont need them anyway. all you people that dont like seeing yard sales might need to move to knoxville and get away from them. oh forgot they have them over there to. sorry.
hie

Oneida, TN

#20 Jul 1, 2010
everthought wrote:
<quoted text>
Its ok with you because you cant see it from your house, this topix is for people in Scott county that are tired of looking and all of the old used rags strung from one car to another being sold for 10 cent each why bother.....
What a snob you are! Have you "everthought" about the fact that people who buy and sell used clothing and other goods are helping to recycle? And some people live far out of town and wouldn't get any buisness if they didn't come into town to sell. And the yard salers distract people from noticing all the empty store buildings when you drive through town lol!!! Give these people a break, before karma brings you down off your high horse!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
walgreens 1 hr Rude and dumb 28
Fireside restaurant 1 hr dope lover 2
cody lyons (Nov '09) 2 hr I know ex 7
Trouble at JDS 2 hr citizen of Scott ... 25
Do you know??? 4 hr curiousbystander101 1
Fiber Optic 7 hr The fiber needs f... 25
One night stands 10 hr Doc Long 5
More from around the web

Oneida People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]