info

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

They are getting started on another building. So yes they are still hiring.
Okay

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Does everyone else in Scott County think that all the workers of JDS Technologies are as dumb and ignorant as I do? Or am I the only person who ready the Independent Herald? Jerry and Diane Slaven basically called all of the people in this county nothing but a bunch of dumbasses, and you guys, the workers, would praise a guy saying something like that about you?! Are you serious?! He's basically saying that if he, the greatest man alive, wouldn't have come here that you guys would basically be sitting around barely able to wipe your own asses because you were all a bunch of retards! Jerry Slaven is a greedy bastard. He isn't anywhere near as kind and glorious as he portrays himself to be the Independent Herald. He has an ego the size of China, which he claims to be able to compete with, and actually believes that anyone who doesn't have as much money as he did when he started JDS Technologies, because he already had money, is lower than him and those people are sorry, worthless pieces of garbage. He is an evil man who puts himself up as high as the God he doesn't believe in. Ask him if you don't believe me. Everyone should read the Independent Herald, and really, really read it, and you'll see for yourself what kind of people Jerry and Diane Slaven really are.
JDS

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Okay wrote:
Does everyone else in Scott County think that all the workers of JDS Technologies are as dumb and ignorant as I do? Or am I the only person who ready the Independent Herald? Jerry and Diane Slaven basically called all of the people in this county nothing but a bunch of dumbasses, and you guys, the workers, would praise a guy saying something like that about you?! Are you serious?! He's basically saying that if he, the greatest man alive, wouldn't have come here that you guys would basically be sitting around barely able to wipe your own asses because you were all a bunch of retards! Jerry Slaven is a greedy bastard. He isn't anywhere near as kind and glorious as he portrays himself to be the Independent Herald. He has an ego the size of China, which he claims to be able to compete with, and actually believes that anyone who doesn't have as much money as he did when he started JDS Technologies, because he already had money, is lower than him and those people are sorry, worthless pieces of garbage. He is an evil man who puts himself up as high as the God he doesn't believe in. Ask him if you don't believe me. Everyone should read the Independent Herald, and really, really read it, and you'll see for yourself what kind of people Jerry and Diane Slaven really are.
Yea Mr. Slaven and his wife sure think a lot of themselves im sorry to say most people i have heard from in the county dont feel the same way I have seen this horse and pony show before you keep expanding to keep the financing coming once the credit line runs out so does the business the proof is in the article they said they need more room to expand but the workforce is down from 125 35 jobs cut yea that makes since Mr. Slaven oh we need more room to work less people and you competing with china in TN. on plastic parts your a idiot

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Okay wrote:
Are you employed?
Okay

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Ya Ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you employed?
Yes i work 5 days a week! DO U?!!!!
For real

Helenwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

LOL. I read the story in the paper. Y'all obviously have a vendetta against Mr. Slaven. What I saw was a story about a guy (and his wife) who have worked hard to make something of themselves and are employing 85 people who would otherwise be unemployed since most of the other factories around here have gone out of business or moved somewhere else. Instead of being thankful that there is an employer still signing paychecks in Scott County all you can do is criticize your ego. Hell, if I was the only employer expanding in a pitiful economy I would probably have a big ego too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Okay wrote:
<quoted text>Yes i work 5 days a week! DO U?!!!!
Yes I do, I work 5 days a week 10 hours a day and sometimes more.
Are employed in Scott County?
Okay

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Ya Ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do, I work 5 days a week 10 hours a day and sometimes more.
Are employed in Scott County?
Good for you!!! Yes i work in Scott County! Do you? I also work 10 hours a day.
uMMMMMMMM

Snow Camp, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

This place called JDS , needs everyone who works for them to walk out the door ,,then what would they do , they treat their workers like crap they are just getting rich off of the poor people in this town ,they dont give enough breaks ,expect so much and give back so little, they care nothing for their workers ,first chance they get to write you up ,they will, take your Christmas bonus then ,lol they are terrible people and I feel sorry for anyone who has to depend on a job from this place and these people !
uMMMMMMMM

Snow Camp, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Okay wrote:
I AGREE !!!! These people treat their workers bad ,they dont care about anyone but themselves ,the will take from the worker making them money in a hart beat,they will write you up whenever they want ,take your Christmas bonus ,whatever ,they are not good people to work for ,they are just rich people getting richer off people in this town , I would never work for these people ever,and I feel so sorry for anyone who has to depend on a job there ,they are not nice good people to work for !!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

uMMMMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text> I AGREE !!!! These people treat their workers bad ,they dont care about anyone but themselves ,the will take from the worker making them money in a hart beat,they will write you up whenever they want ,take your Christmas bonus ,whatever ,they are not good people to work for ,they are just rich people getting richer off people in this town , I would never work for these people ever,and I feel so sorry for anyone who has to depend on a job there ,they are not nice good people to work for !!!!!
Let me guess you are not working? Nor have a education? Ever since I have been around you have to earn everything you get, nothing should be handed to nobody. You work for it. If you do not do your job or break something you have to document it, it is called a write up.

About Christmas bonuses. They are not something the employer has to give to you. It is a privilege to receive one. If you do your job and do not miss to many days you may receive one. As for Jerry and Diane, they have done more for this county in the last 5 years than ANY other company in this county. Of course they are out to make money, who wouldn't be if you owned a company. People who live off the government and do not want to work that is crippling this country and Scott county. The unemployment rate in county has more to do than just no work, it is people who do not want to work.
Employee

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Gee I sure hope Rob gets a job soon so he can move on.
Friend of Rob

Helenwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Employee wrote:
Gee I sure hope Rob gets a job soon so he can move on.
LOL!!!I know Rob very well and He doesn't even get on topix. Think you better find out who ealy is posting this stuff before you start pointing fingers at the wrong individual! Ya know all ya got to do is contact Topix and they can tell ya where the IP address is coming from. Try it you just might be surprised what ya find out!
Just saying

Helenwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

A lot of talk on here about people that don't look at this thing. I guess we will see of we get our Christmas bonus this week, everyone on here says we lost it, the owners have not said anything about loosing it as of yet.
momof3

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

A Christmas bonus is not something that is required. It is something that an employer gives out to thank you for your hard work. Explain to me why on earth would Jerry & Diane would hand out bonuses? A hand full of you were ungrateful at the shop picnic. How many of you left right after the prizes were handed out. How many of you didn't bring your spouses? It was meant to be a family picnic.The float for the parade was outstanding. Seems to me that Jerry and Diane tried to get everyone involved. Only a handful did. is that because you didn't get anything out of it?You come on topix and do nothing but bash the people who give you a pay check every week. Jerry and Diane could give some of you gold bars and you still would not be happy. And I can guarantee if they choose to give a bonus out to you ungrateful twit's you still will not be happy. Real shame that some of you have a job in the county you live in and don't have to drive 45 minutes to work everyday. I would be happy picking rock's up in my own county. If it meant a pay check every week. Stop b*tching and complaining do your job that you were hired to do. If it is that bad quit stay at home and let someone else have a job. But, I am not sure how getting a pay check every week parties and extra things from the people you work for is so bad. either way some of you will never be happy. Un's make me sick. Thank you JDS for supplying people a place to work in Scott County a place that not once have I ever heard that it might shut down in these rough times. When was the last time someone got laid off???? A Monday through Friday job. real rough isn't people. Whine a** twit's . Put has much into your job has you do all the drama and whining. cry babies.
Fact

Mocksville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

I know of several people that have put in applications at JDS and they will not even give them the time of day. All 5 of these guys would do a great job. 3 have families to support and the other 2 are single but are really good workers. I dont understand. I uess it goes back to that you have to be related to someone or know someone out there to get on. What is the deal?
MyRoadKing

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Fact wrote:
I know of several people that have put in applications at JDS and they will not even give them the time of day. All 5 of these guys would do a great job. 3 have families to support and the other 2 are single but are really good workers. I dont understand. I uess it goes back to that you have to be related to someone or know someone out there to get on. What is the deal?
The deal is, that just because people want a job, companies don't always have openings. While JDS has grown a lot in the last few years, They cannot hire everyone that needs or wants a job. In order for a business to remain viable, it cannot just give people jobs. Jobs are created as a result increased demand for a companies products. So before a company can add the expense of additional payroll, it has to have additional orders for current products and must also create new products for new customers. I am certain that JDS wants to continue to grow. But growth of a business takes effort and expense on the part of the business owners. I know several people that work at JDS, and I know that they try not to let people go, when they experience a slow sales period. JDS has kept people on it payroll, and allowed them to other types of work, so that the employees continue to have a job, even during periods of time when their sales were off.

These 5 people that you mentioned may very well be good canidates for employment. But if there no openings, people cannot be hired. Remember, it is a business. It can only do what makes sense financially. Unlike our government, a business cannot spend more money than it takes in, and then decide to extend it's debt limit when it can pay it's bills.

If these people that you have spoke of are truly good workers, Then there is a good chance that they will be hired when JDS grows.
Fact

Mocksville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

MyRoadKing wrote:
<quoted text>
The deal is, that just because people want a job, companies don't always have openings. While JDS has grown a lot in the last few years, They cannot hire everyone that needs or wants a job. In order for a business to remain viable, it cannot just give people jobs. Jobs are created as a result increased demand for a companies products. So before a company can add the expense of additional payroll, it has to have additional orders for current products and must also create new products for new customers. I am certain that JDS wants to continue to grow. But growth of a business takes effort and expense on the part of the business owners. I know several people that work at JDS, and I know that they try not to let people go, when they experience a slow sales period. JDS has kept people on it payroll, and allowed them to other types of work, so that the employees continue to have a job, even during periods of time when their sales were off.
These 5 people that you mentioned may very well be good canidates for employment. But if there no openings, people cannot be hired. Remember, it is a business. It can only do what makes sense financially. Unlike our government, a business cannot spend more money than it takes in, and then decide to extend it's debt limit when it can pay it's bills.
If these people that you have spoke of are truly good workers, Then there is a good chance that they will be hired when JDS grows.
Just alot of double talk right there. Fact is they have hired many other people. JDS is just like the other businesses in this community, it all depnds on who you know or who you are related to. Qualifications or willingness to work means NOTHING!!!!! Then people wonder why people are moving away from here!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Just alot of double talk right there. Fact is they have hired many other people. JDS is just like the other businesses in this community, it all depnds on who you know or who you are related to. Qualifications or willingness to work means NOTHING!!!!! Then people wonder why people are moving away from here!
You are so full of crap it is getting ridiculous. I do not know where you are getting this info from, but it complete non sense and unless you know other wise, keep your idiotic comments to yourself.
Fact

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Ya Ok wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of crap it is getting ridiculous. I do not know where you are getting this info from, but it complete non sense and unless you know other wise, keep your idiotic comments to yourself.
For the record what I am saying is fact. Since youa re co concerned over what is being said, I suggest that you or whomeever you know that works there check out the applications. There will be many repeats. You will see that I do know what I am talking about and if you check the dates on the applications you will see that I am correct that there have been others hired since these applications have been turned in. While I commend you on standing up for a company that you believe in, I think that there is somethings going on of which you are not informed. Now until you check out what I have said, I suggest you keep your uninformed comments to yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of139
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Oneida Forum right now

Search the Oneida Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Help 3 hr Harley 6
illegals in scott county 4 hr American 6
Tonya Litton 4 hr Ridin it 1
El Rey mexican Restuarant 4 hr Ewww 45
goodby senator 7 hr Clem 15
Paul Blevins (Sep '11) 10 hr jes a friend 11
W 3rd Avenue 12 hr lessons to learn 3
•••
•••