broke

Helenwood, TN

#41 May 17, 2010
i dont love highland either
MOVE OUT OF SCOTT CO

Oneida, TN

#42 May 17, 2010
GARY wrote:
well i tell you that i do know some that have the bundle here.they told me that i would have to go door to door to see if my neighbors want the fiber optic to there house.now i do live in the city and i do know that the fiber is only 1 mile from my house.i also do know that i am not going to pay for them to run it to my house when the people down coopertown got there run for free right up to there house.i know this as i use to live out there.so i just keep my dish network and whatever internet speed i have and go on. i also have comcast but just the basic so i can get channel 4,5 local.
I signed a contract to get my bundle installed for free. If I didn't sign a contract, they would have charged me install fees. I didn't realize what all they had to do to install it. They spent half the day outside on the pole working. I have channels 4 & 5 channels and don't have to pay Comcast nothing. I have a DVR recorder too!
highlandstillsuc ks

Winfield, TN

#43 May 17, 2010
MOVE OUT OF SCOTT CO wrote:
<quoted text>
I signed a contract to get my bundle installed for free. If I didn't sign a contract, they would have charged me install fees. I didn't realize what all they had to do to install it. They spent half the day outside on the pole working. I have channels 4 & 5 channels and don't have to pay Comcast nothing. I have a DVR recorder too!
ya when the day is done highland still sucks and you pay 20 cents a min. for your phone calls and 50+ dollars a mouth for dsl what a deal
MOVE OUT OF SCOTT CO

Oneida, TN

#44 May 18, 2010
highlandstillsucks wrote:
<quoted text>ya when the day is done highland still sucks and you pay 20 cents a min. for your phone calls and 50+ dollars a mouth for dsl what a deal
I pay .15 a minute but that doesn't matter too much to me! I guess you meant to put month instead of MOUTH but I guess that is all you are "A BIG MOUTH!!!!!" I think it's awful people is Scott Co are so negative ABOUT EVERYTHING!! I'm thankful for ALL our services we have in our community----why don't you try it!!! I'm thankful we have places to shop, eat etc.....!!!
Bud

Wartburg, TN

#45 May 19, 2010
Yeah my dsl was out this morning also, for about 3 hours. I don't know what is going on but it seems to stay out quite abit anymore.
Old Timer

Robbins, TN

#46 May 19, 2010
Yeah, its a pain in the Butt! I need the dsl for my job
mayb

United States

#47 Mar 9, 2011
If at&t comes n here some if these linemen that highland won't hire can get on with them
Lmao

Columbia, SC

#48 Mar 9, 2011
If AT&T puts service they will hire from KNOXVILLE!
I wished

Oliver Springs, TN

#49 Mar 9, 2011
I wished they would hurry up and put fiber optic lines in down at newriver
minnie me

Cosby, TN

#50 Mar 17, 2011
mayb wrote:
If at&t comes n here some if these linemen that highland won't hire can get on with them
you local cable junkies couldnt cut the mustard at highland anyway
OCTO-Ti

Oneida, TN

#51 Mar 17, 2011
HIGHLAND is a COOPERATIVE just like Plateau Electric is a COOPERATIVE!
If you use Highland for Telephone and/or Internet or get electricty from Plateau you are a voting shareholder!
Ambassador Howard Baker went door to door getting the first members to belong to Highland Telephone Cooperative!
Complaints should be in writting & mailed to these Utilities specifying a solvable remedy!
OR any Member may attend board meetings and state grivances and ask for remediation!
OR if you just want to SPOUT Topix welcomes Comments!
Words are not Atomic Fuel Rods and have no TOXIC RADIATION or possibility of MELTDOWN!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#52 Mar 17, 2011
a cooperative, a fancy way of getting around anti-trust laws.....
lilpeanut

Herculaneum, MO

#53 Mar 9, 2012
hows highland communication services for their fiber line...not sure if i wanna stay with charter comm. is the internet fiber good
lilpeanut

Herculaneum, MO

#54 Mar 9, 2012
does the internet have probs using the fiber line..
Girl

Oneida, TN

#55 Mar 9, 2012
It's only in certain areas of the county right now. They got a federal grant and are in the process of installing it. It seems to be really good in the areas it's installed in.
Highland User

Oneida, TN

#56 Mar 9, 2012
Fiber not much better, still very slow.
Ron

Warrenton, VA

#57 Jan 4, 2013
Here is the problem with Highland We the people of the CO OP have helped to create a monster that has a monopoly on the communications busiess in our area and they are not willing to let anything threaten there position but i will say this for them they did get phone service here when no one eles would but that was a long time ago its time to go forward but they are not going to assist anyone in anyway unless it makes them money.
unoit

Wartburg, TN

#58 Jan 4, 2013
all i know is i pay for the high speed that should be Speed (down/up): 1536 / 768 Kbps and all i get is 140 / 35 Kbps now thats just not right if thats not being ripped off then what is
Dixie

Wartburg, TN

#59 Jan 5, 2013
Ron wrote:
Here is the problem with Highland We the people of the CO OP have helped to create a monster that has a monopoly on the communications busiess in our area and they are not willing to let anything threaten there position but i will say this for them they did get phone service here when no one eles would but that was a long time ago its time to go forward but they are not going to assist anyone in anyway unless it makes them money.
You are correct! There should be some checking into who at HTC is using the stimulus for their own financial gain. Yes, I know one in particular that it seems it would be a huge conflict of interest is making sure certain subs are getting the work. It doesn't seem to matter that everyone knows what is going on and just keeps it quiet. As with everything else around here, it is all about Politics. It doesn't matter how good the job is that you do, if directly or indirectly it isn't going to benefit certain people, you are not going to get any of the work.
Idea

Wartburg, TN

#60 Jan 5, 2013
All this complaining is not going to do one bit of good.

Some one call Comcast and find out why they don't offer DSL here. Find out what it would take to get them here because they are everywhere else?

Direct them to this forum so they will see that if they did put the service here they would have a
great big customer base of people dropping Highland!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2018 Sheriff's Race 2 hr brimstone 41
Lena Rose Tompkins 2 hr can i keep u 3
Corey Terry 2 hr Angel 6
Small engine mechanic 6 hr Motorhead 1
Judge James L. Cotton, Jr 18 hr Justice for All 8
worst dentist ever, Spencer Ellis (Nov '11) Sun Who ya 40
Michael newport Sat Katie 3

Oneida Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance