Bailey T

Sunbright, TN

#1 Nov 26, 2012
First of all, El Palacio is not closing any time soon. Secondly, its not another "bar" like some people might think. I went in there today for the first time with my family, and was treated like no other place in Scott county. These people are genuine and have food that is made fresh!(A FIRST) A manager whom was nice enough to give me a tour of the restaurant was very courteous and polite. I will definitely be back for more. Hope all in surrounding areas give this place a try.
I'll also be the first to say that the outside only scratches the surface as to whats inside. The inside of this restaurant is beautiful. Unlike any restaurant even in Knoxville. We actually have a place that is nice, family oriented, and most of all local!
not satisfied

Antioch, TN

#2 Jan 19, 2013
the food there, first of all, was so dry i got 6 refills just to wash it down. the waiter was an older man who got the drinks mixed up, and also didn't seem to understand what we wanted to order so we had to find it on the menu once again just to show him what we wanted to order. it took 45 minutes for the food to be prepared and the chicken we ordered wasn't moist at ALL. i do NOT like it and i will NEVER go back.
me too

Sunbright, TN

#3 Jan 19, 2013
i agree 'not satisfied' i usually will give something a chance but the food was so horrible there that im not going to give a second chance. my chicken was also so dry. who cares how nice a place is and big deal im not there for a freakin tour im there to eat good food that they obviously dont have! they need to close very soon! sale the place to someone who can put in a good restaurant!so bailey t AKA owner stop getting on here wasting your time with the good reviews.
Former

Huntsville, TN

#4 Jan 20, 2013
My Family and I decided to give this place a try.Now I have ate in a lot of different restaurants in several states in my life time,but i have to say this was the worst food,worst service,I have ever had anywhere.The people weren't friendly at all.I would never go back nor would i recommend this place to anyone.I was really hoping this place would make it and we would have a good place to get a steak.But i don't think its gonna make it.
hmmmm

Sunbright, TN

#5 Jan 20, 2013
My wife and I ate there on a Friday night. They were not all that busy but the wait time on our food was excessive. When the food was served, the tacos were cold, very cold. My steak was very undercooked, I ordered it md well and it was very rare. Veggies, also cold. Service was good but wait time and quality of the food has kept me away from returning to give them a second chance. After reading this post, doubt I ever will.
idp

Sunbright, TN

#6 Jan 20, 2013
Service is horrible up there. I waited almost 15 minutes, and no one had even waited on me..I got up and left. They aren't going to stay in buisness long with service like that..Also there wasn't but maybe 5 ppl in the whole restraunt at that time.
Tax payer

Oneida, TN

#7 Jan 20, 2013
I ate there Friday night. Good service, bad food. I don't think I will ever go back.
holy crap

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jan 21, 2013
I guess myself and my family are the only ones to have anything positive to say about the place. We ate there Saturday night and our service was good, our food was good, the food came quickly, and four of us ate for barely over $40 which included drinks. While this place is good, it's nowhere near the best mexican resturant out there, but my experience there put it above El Rays in my opinion.
someone

Deer Lodge, TN

#9 Jan 21, 2013
El Reyes is much better. The staff is must nicer. I have never hear Lorenzo curse like I heard what I believe to be the owner at El Palacios. I hope El Palacios will get better...the mexican man that is part owner or manager (or whatever part he plays) is very difficult to understand. They need and english speaking person to take orders from us that do not understand spanish. I wished I knew the spanish language better but I do not so I am uncomfortable when a spanish speaking person speaks very poor english and trys to carry on a conversation with me. Again, I wish I was fluent in any second language and did take spanish in high school but never used it many years ago when I was in high school and just prefer a english speaking waitress. I am the say way with asian speaking restaurant at Huntsville. I really like the food and the buffet service but I am uncomfortable if the asian waitress attempts conversation. The asians there usually do not strike up a conversation but just smile and gives good service such as keeping the buffet stocked, etc.
iagree

United States

#10 Jan 21, 2013
The owner Angie needs to learn that talking to her employees like sh*t and cursing them like dogs Will get her nowhere she needs to be turned in. Those same employees that she curses at they have family and friends that see and hear about it. I will not go there because of that.
me and my family

United States

#11 Jan 21, 2013
My family and I was there and we loved the food and the server everything was good. The chips had a little to much oil on them for us but other then that very good we were there yesterday around 1 and I wish we had gotten the servers name she was great
what

United States

#12 Jan 22, 2013
Really
fishing man

Whitley City, KY

#13 Jan 26, 2013
that place is just a cover up for a wanna be drug kingpin thy ain't as smart as they think they are they are going down
unoit

Huntsville, TN

#14 Jan 26, 2013
fishing man wrote:
that place is just a cover up for a wanna be drug kingpin thy ain't as smart as they think they are they are going down
this is so true
junebug

Huntsville, TN

#15 Feb 8, 2013
beautiful place...good food....decent service... but not friendly atmosphere........owners need to be more social with the customers!!!!!!!! be seen !!!!!!!! have a weekly/monthly special!!!!!advertize!!!!!!adv ertize
Outlaw Cowboy

United States

#16 Feb 13, 2013
I took my wife there for her birthday and it was fairly nice. My wife didn't really want to give it a chance because of the negative things that she has read on her friends Facebook page about the place. Sadly the friend is a family member of the owner of the restaurant. Her and her husband must really dislike the place but I wouldn't be so tasteless about it by making statuses about it on Facebook. I am not sure but I think her name is Kesha.
TNB

Oneida, TN

#17 Feb 13, 2013
Outlaw Cowboy wrote:
I took my wife there for her birthday and it was fairly nice. My wife didn't really want to give it a chance because of the negative things that she has read on her friends Facebook page about the place. Sadly the friend is a family member of the owner of the restaurant. Her and her husband must really dislike the place but I wouldn't be so tasteless about it by making statuses about it on Facebook. I am not sure but I think her name is Kesha.
That's funny cuz I wuz showed screen shots of this. I didn't no they wuz kin tho. Who needs enemies when you have family.
Went once will not return

Oneida, TN

#18 Feb 15, 2013
Service was lousy, food was under prepared and over priced. Servers were snooty, other patrons were loud and obnoxious. It has a bar atmosphere. DO NOT recommend!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hospital 26 min andrea 6
Mayor Dale Perdue 2 hr Citizen 161
Powerball 8 hr andrea 13
winfield mayor 10 hr Nun 6
Goodwill has bed bugs 14 hr just saying 9
Helen Cochran - robbins lewis 17 hr applehead 1
da bus 17 hr hjsjddhsj 6
Oneida Dating
Find my Match

Oneida Jobs