First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Shot Glass

Oneida, TN

#1 Sep 21, 2012
Well we made action 10 news, with the Liquor by the drink. What you guys think will it pass this time?
just saying

Sunbright, TN

#2 Sep 21, 2012
I think it will go in because the margin was so small at the last election when it was on the ballot. Action 10 News was right though, there are no signs up regarding this important decision for the election.
Just say no

Huntsville, TN

#3 Sep 21, 2012
Well we are know for our METH HEADS, POT HEADS, LAZY HEADS, so we may as well pass it and be know for DRUNK HEADS. I have never seen it so bad that people are so money hungry that would sell their soul to the devil, but it has happened here. The people that want this passed do not care about anything but making money for thier self. Please go and vote no. I am so tired of all these things going on here, and it is not going to get any better. Lord help us all.
rayburn joe

Mooresville, NC

#4 Sep 21, 2012
yes vote for ligger! we wants wine to. i,d like to go to elrays and order up a big fansy margueritia or a byeer and a shot of tequilier on the side VOTE LIGGER.
Vote No

Oneida, TN

#5 Sep 21, 2012
RL Gibson said on his show not long ago that Burnside is really booming after they passed liquor by the drink.
Well I travel through burnside quiet often and I just can't see it happening.
Fact is I can prove that two businesses have closed the doors forever in burnside in the last little bit, appears to me that Burnside is dieing instead of booming.
It's just another gimmic of RL's to get nieve people to vote yes.
Your name

Sunbright, TN

#6 Sep 21, 2012
Just say no wrote:
Well we are know for our METH HEADS, POT HEADS, LAZY HEADS, so we may as well pass it and be know for DRUNK HEADS. I have never seen it so bad that people are so money hungry that would sell their soul to the devil, but it has happened here. The people that want this passed do not care about anything but making money for thier self. Please go and vote no. I am so tired of all these things going on here, and it is not going to get any better. Lord help us all.
Yeah I would.hate to see a bunch of.drunks around here, it would just kill this county. Thank the good lord that we can live in a dry county that has completely banned any sort of alcohol and no one ever drinks a drop. Every time I come into the county there are piles and piles of bottles and beer cans at the county line.

Okay.enough sarcasm, are you people really this blind and ignorant? 1) we have beer. LOTS OF BEER. I bet that just on this Friday night there is a tractor trailer load of beer sold in this county. Probably more. You think liquor by the drink is going to make this place any worse? 2) You do realize that maybe 10 min from the county line is a liquor store right? If someone wants liquor I'm pretty sure they can drive a few min to get it. We aren't on an island 1000 miles from alcohol.
wondering

Julian, NC

#7 Sep 21, 2012
You do realize that the money cambell county gets could actually go to help scott county if we had a package store right? But lets just keep scott county like it is. It's not like we'd be worse off. This county is dying and we need something besides what we have to try to bring life back into it.
Cant imagine

Oneida, TN

#8 Sep 21, 2012
I sure some people from SC buy liquor there at the interstate BUT I would think that the biggest revenue there comes from travelers from out of state, theres probably several thousand travelers a week that stop at that exit to refuel,snacks etc, and you know they buy liquor there too!
Campbell Co is not getting rich off Scott Co people from liquor sales!
unoit

Winfield, TN

#9 Sep 21, 2012
liquor stores yes liquor by the drank no can you say D-U-I
Opal

Huntsville, TN

#10 Sep 22, 2012
rayburn joe wrote:
yes vote for ligger! we wants wine to. i,d like to go to elrays and order up a big fansy margueritia or a byeer and a shot of tequilier on the side VOTE LIGGER.
The liquor by the drink is up on WINFIELD's and HUNTSVILLE's ballots. It's not on Oneida's, so it's not going to help you at El Rey's. lol
well

Sunbright, TN

#11 Sep 22, 2012
Vote No wrote:
RL Gibson said on his show not long ago that Burnside is really booming after they passed liquor by the drink.
Fact is I can prove that two businesses have closed the doors forever in burnside in the last little bit, appears to me that Burnside is dieing instead of booming.
I travel by the interstate store a lot and sometimes there is 1 or 2 cars there ,and sometimes NONE.Lots of revenue??
Shot Glass

Oneida, TN

#12 Sep 22, 2012
It would be convenient for the ones who do buy liquor, to have it sold here in the county. I do not think it will be lots of revenue, hence no jobs...
True

Oneida, TN

#13 Sep 22, 2012
Vote No wrote:
Its just across the river
well

Pine Knot, KY

#14 Sep 22, 2012
Shot Glass wrote:
It would be convenient for the ones who do buy liquor, to have it sold here in the county. I do not think it will be lots of revenue, hence no jobs...
Wrong about the revenue, but probably only a few immediate direct jobs. However, indirectly...less taxes on wheels and property, more county taxes received from liquor store/restaurants/visitors. Also ups possible businesses moving in who are more "socially adept", and THEN, therefore, MORE JOBS.

On the other hand, there is noooo upside to meth and other illegal drugs, including new businesses/jobs/revenue for the county or its people. You are extremely CLUELESS if you think a lot of people in this county do not drink (not all by any means), but many...for 200 years now! Just "claim" to be a DRY county. But it IS pillheads/methheads/needlehead s that have contributed a GREAT DEAL to bringing this county down and getting others hooked on em.
Just say no

Huntsville, TN

#15 Sep 22, 2012
It will not bring our other taxes down. All this liquor by the drink will do is help they rich get richer off us poor folks. I don't drink, but I just hate they other people are trying to line their pockets of us poor people. There are several business her in Huntsville that are trying to get this passed by saying it will bring our taxes down and bring money into the county all it will bring in is more trouble to deal with here in the town of Huntsville. Its time we take a stand and let the officals in Huntsville an the county hear us. This is the 3rd time it has been on the ballot, if it fails this time, it cannot be put back on the ballot, they will not tell you this . Come on ScottCounty show them we are taking our County back ...VOTE NO come November and put this Liquor out of our county.
get over it

United States

#16 Sep 22, 2012
You don't have to buy it. Prople who complain usually go out of the county to sneak it home and hide it until they can drink it. You can go 20 miles up the road and buy it. People will drink. It's their life if that's what they choose. If it passes and the Stansberry's bring us in a nice place to eat, don't order alcohol. You can not sit in a resteraunt and get drunk people. You are limited to how many drinks you have and you can't leave with a drink. It will be revenue for our county. For once I wish the hipocrits would shut up for once and let people live their lives. If they stay at home and drink, it's none of your business. I'm sure you aren't exactly an angel. I hope it passes. If people would be responsible, it wouldn't be a big deal. Enjoy life and get that cobb out of your butt so you won't be soar and grouchy. Enjoy life. You only live once
well

Sunbright, TN

#17 Sep 23, 2012
get over it wrote:
You don't have to buy it. Prople who complain usually go out of the county to sneak it home and hide it until they can drink it. You can go 20 miles up the road and buy it. People will drink. It's their life if that's what they choose. If it passes and the Stansberry's bring us in a nice place to eat, don't order alcohol. You can not sit in a resteraunt and get drunk people. You are limited to how many drinks you have and you can't leave with a drink. It will be revenue for our county. For once I wish the hipocrits would shut up for once and let people live their lives. If they stay at home and drink, it's none of your business. I'm sure you aren't exactly an angel. I hope it passes. If people would be responsible, it wouldn't be a big deal. Enjoy life and get that cobb out of your butt so you won't be soar and grouchy. Enjoy life. You only live once
We all have eternal life, We can choose to spend eternal life in HEAVEN OR HELL.You think you only live once?What about your eternal Life??
wondering

United States

#18 Sep 23, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>We all have eternal life, We can choose to spend eternal life in HEAVEN OR HELL.You think you only live once?What about your eternal Life??
hmm wondered when people wake going to bring religion up. Did we forget jesus turned water into wine? I dont think that this should be a religion thing.
well

Sunbright, TN

#19 Sep 23, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>hmm wondered when people wake going to bring religion up. Did we forget jesus turned water into wine? I dont think that this should be a religion thing.
I could use more verses than you, against drinking, than you can by using that one miracle and it does not say Jesus drank of it. It says" whosoever is deceived by strong drink is not wise".You make your decisions, I have made mine. VOTE NO!!!!!
hmmm

Robbins, TN

#20 Sep 23, 2012
Liquor by the drink, or liquor in any form will always fail! The churches are orgainized against it, those for it are not. Groups will win out in any event when when the voices of their competition are not organized against it. If you want it to pass, use social media or any way to get the people to come together. Myself, I don't drink but I don't care if others do. Just do it in your home and not on the roads. However, you can get just as drunk on beer or meth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Dale Perdue 10 min Citizen 164
Helen Cochran - robbins lewis 1 hr former friend 3
walgreens oneida tn 2 hr I can believe it 17
hospital 2 hr anonymous 7
who does good hair (Aug '13) 3 hr Love 44
Powerball 15 hr andrea 13
winfield mayor 17 hr Nun 6
Oneida Dating
Find my Match

Oneida Jobs