First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Oneida, TN

#1 Oct 1, 2017
Do any of you local educators know the percentage of illiterate residents of Scott County? We moved here several months ago and can't understand why so many people here are illiterate. What is the issue with ignorance in the county?
Melanie

Oneida, TN

#2 Oct 1, 2017
Newbie wrote:
Do any of you local educators know the percentage of illiterate residents of Scott County? We moved here several months ago and can't understand why so many people here are illiterate. What is the issue with ignorance in the county?
Currently it's close to 70%. I hate to inform you but there are people here that don't see the need for education. If they have an old beat up truck, some guns, and minimum wage job they have hit the lottery. It all goes back to uneducated parents and grandparents. Wake up people, the 50's and 60's have passed you by with the rest of the world.
XXXXXXX

Robbins, TN

#3 Oct 1, 2017
Newbie wrote:
The real reason, Too many Newbees are Dumbees...

Oneida, TN

#4 Oct 1, 2017
XXXXXXX wrote:
<quoted text>

The real reason, Too many Newbees are Dumbees...
If you are a local educator, we can understand why illiteracy is prevalent. We bring new ideas and capital to invest. That's the real reason you are jealous.
full contact

Oneida, TN

#5 Oct 1, 2017
Ok. I have been all over the US and there are illiterates everywhere. Honestly, the major cities are the worst. Yeah the percentage may be low but that small percentage out numbers the entirety of Scott county.
Statistician

Oneida, TN

#6 Oct 1, 2017
full contact wrote:
Ok. I have been all over the US and there are illiterates everywhere. Honestly, the major cities are the worst. Yeah the percentage may be low but that small percentage out numbers the entirety of Scott county.
Everything outnumbers the entirety of Scott County. Proportionally Scott County is at the bottom of the barrel on any metric you select.
Amber

United States

#7 Oct 2, 2017
Statistician wrote:
<quoted text>

Everything outnumbers the entirety of Scott County. Proportionally Scott County is at the bottom of the barrel on any metric you select.
What are doing here in Scott county your just so much better then this place. you must really like it here
Statistician

Oneida, TN

#8 Oct 2, 2017
Amber wrote:
<quoted text>

What are doing here in Scott county your just so much better then this place. you must really like it here
Conducting research on the the current phenomena of illiteracy among uneducated methamphetimine addicts. It will be produced for a TV special to air on A&E. Would you like to be interviewed and appear on the program?
Webster

Oneida, TN

#9 Oct 2, 2017
Amber wrote:
<quoted text>

Please use subject and verb agreement, correct spelling, and capitalization where required. You post is demonstrative of the thread.
FullMetalJackoff

Oak Ridge, TN

#10 Oct 4, 2017
Webster wrote:
<quoted text>

Please use subject and verb agreement, correct spelling, and capitalization where required. You post is demonstrative of the thread.
Yours isn't that much better. You should try proof reading before you hit post, especially if you are trying to bash someone else.
FullMetalJackoff

Oak Ridge, TN

#11 Oct 4, 2017
Melanie wrote:
<quoted text>

Currently it's close to 70%. I hate to inform you but there are people here that don't see the need for education. If they have an old beat up truck, some guns, and minimum wage job they have hit the lottery. It all goes back to uneducated parents and grandparents. Wake up people, the 50's and 60's have passed you by with the rest of the world.
Public education is the reason for the high illiteracy rates.
The system has failed us.
Mommy

United States

#12 Oct 4, 2017
Statistician wrote:
<quoted text>

Conducting research on the the current phenomena of illiteracy among uneducated methamphetimine addicts. It will be produced for a TV special to air on A&E. Would you like to be interviewed and appear on the program?
Nail man you can go on there and tell them you like sponge bob square pants
Can man

United States

#13 Oct 4, 2017
Webster wrote:
<quoted text>

Well I'm going to go fast on your road now mail man dale
Abused

Oneida, TN

#15 Oct 4, 2017
Mommy wrote:
<quoted text>

Nail man you can go on there and tell them you like sponge bob square pants
I'd rather tell them about you sexually abusing young children. Daddy says your picture is on the sorry ass mommy list.
Barbara

United States

#16 Oct 4, 2017
Abused wrote:
<quoted text>

I'd rather tell them about you sexually abusing young children. Daddy says your picture is on the sorry ass mommy list.
Your on the pervert list your one sick pervert nail man /dale
Taxpayer

United States

#17 Oct 4, 2017
Abused wrote:
<quoted text>

Holey shit nail mans a pervert no wonder every ones speeds by his house I don't blame anyone for speeders now
Sergeant Piztoff

Oneida, TN

#18 Oct 5, 2017
Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>

Your on the pervert list your one sick pervert nail man /dale
Can I bite your titties?
Taxpayer

United States

#19 Oct 5, 2017
Sergeant Piztoff wrote:
<quoted text>

Can I bite your titties?
sure can come on sergeant dales awaiting in the barn
Lucinda

Oneida, TN

#20 Oct 6, 2017
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>

sure can come on sergeant dales awaiting in the barn
Hancock County was recently awarded over $500K for a literacy program in their elementary schools. Why can't this county do something productive like this? It would certainly help the children and some adults that want to learn.
Heardthat

Oneida, TN

#21 Oct 7, 2017
Statistician wrote:
<quoted text>

Not obesity, illiteracy, domestic abuse...... not a newbie, but not a native. I love this county and will patiently wait for it to evolve.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anthony Lay for Sheriff 2 hr Only one 263
Road Superintendent 4 hr Belinda 5
Local Rapists 4 hr Jack 1
Chris Wisner 4 hr No surprise 7
Motorcycles 7 hr lone rider 9
Misty Renyolds?? (Jul '09) 8 hr James K 10
Ness Smith 8 hr Whit 4

Oneida Jobs

Personal Finance

Oneida Mortgages