StraightTalk Cellphones. Are they any good?

Posted in the Oneida Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Advice

Santa Barbara, CA

#1 Nov 29, 2009
I am about to buy a new Cellphone. Are the new StraightTalk phones any good? Which Cellphones are the best and why do you think there the best?
looking also

Santa Barbara, CA

#2 Nov 29, 2009
Good topic. Which phone is best for watching video on?
A Friend

Robbins, TN

#3 Nov 29, 2009
never had one but i have heard people say they don't work right in this area and i have heard people say they are great phones. myself i prefer verizon wireless
knows

Oneida, TN

#4 Nov 29, 2009
Actually straight talk phones are powered by Verizon Wireless. I got the slider phone. Also, ive had it all over the county, i got great signal. Anyways, i think its the best deal ever, why get a contract phone when you can get one of these. the 45.00 card gives you unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and unlimited internet usage. hope this helps
Yeah

Santa Barbara, CA

#5 Nov 29, 2009
Actually they are bx Tracfone. Tracfone utilizes verizons network.If you like verizon this should be a great deal in my opinion.
scott citizen

Whitley City, KY

#6 Nov 29, 2009
I have the lg, cheapest version they offer and it will pick up just about anywhere in the county. You can also update your phone by dialing *228. the phones are by tracfone but that is it. everything else is ran on the verizon network. Hard to beat$45.00 a month unlimited When I was paying $79.00 a month thru verizon for 450 minutes.
just me

Huntsville, TN

#7 Nov 29, 2009
I dont know the actually phones but I do know that US Cellular has great signal I wouldnt get any other company just my opinion tho..
tink

United States

#8 Nov 29, 2009
i have the rival by verizon. its a pretty good phone, having trouble with it shutting off. but in my opinion i like verizon and everyone tht i know has verizon, and they seem to like it. if your gonna be using ur phone alot, i would recommend a contract. if its seldom then i would go with prepaid. but regardless ur still havin to pay by the day tht you have the phone if you use it or not.
Well

Santa Barbara, CA

#9 Nov 29, 2009
$45 a month and you get unlimited talk and unlimited text. You cant beat that.
speaking of

Columbia, SC

#10 Nov 29, 2009
Do any of yall have an enV touch? The flash on my camera doesn't work right, it is TOO bright. I've only talked to one other person who has one, and she has the SAME problem. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem also?
i love it

Parkers Lake, KY

#11 Nov 29, 2009
I got the straight talk phone about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I got the one with the full qwerty keyboard and its great plus the $45 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING is awesome. I live in pioneer and it gets great signal and even gets signal going thru most of paint rock. I had us cellular before and i loved them but even they cant change my mind bc this is the best deal around. They will end up running every other prepaid phone out of the county.
Convinced

Santa Barbara, CA

#12 Nov 30, 2009
Thats all I need to know. See, this forum has got a few nice people on it and can be used for good purposes. THANKS
Somebody

Knoxville, TN

#13 Nov 30, 2009
I'm on US cellular pre paid. I pay 71 dollars a month for unlimited talking and texting, but I also get free incoming on everything and I get fine service when I'm in Knoxville. Not so much in Kentucky though, but that's fine because I don't really go there often. But yeah, I think the 71 bucks a month is worth it since I get free incoming calls and texts.
curious

Santa Barbara, CA

#14 Nov 30, 2009
Can you watch music videos on the Samsung Smooth? What kind of phone do I need to get for watch videos?
someone

Oneida, TN

#15 Nov 30, 2009
well u get unlimited incoming calls and texts, unlimited outgoing calls and text, and unlimited internet with straight talk for 45 bucks a month. they work anywhere verizon does
minib

Sunbright, TN

#16 Nov 30, 2009
Well My cousin has one. And she called a lot the first night she got it. and Now she can't call outgoing but she can get incoming. and they really have a limit on outgoing. and she has the 40 dollars month plan that is suppose to have unlimited texting and calling
-lala-

Oneida, TN

#17 Nov 30, 2009
i've had straighttalk for about a month now, & everywhere i've had it, it works.. it even works across the stateline, which is great.$45 a month, no one can pass up now-a-days. i got the full keyboard phone & it's wonderful.(: my mom has the slider & she said she loves it too.. internet; camera; bluetooth; unlimited EVERYTHING.
someone

Oneida, TN

#18 Nov 30, 2009
well i got mine around the first week of november, i have an at&t phone. I bought the straight talk phone to test it. I have called everyone i know on it several times each, and have sent AND recieved over 1000 txts, and i havent been cutoff...
i love it

Whitley City, KY

#19 Dec 3, 2009
minib wrote:
Well My cousin has one. And she called a lot the first night she got it. and Now she can't call outgoing but she can get incoming. and they really have a limit on outgoing. and she has the 40 dollars month plan that is suppose to have unlimited texting and calling
well if this is so then you need to call them and have them reauthorize your phone. Its not that they cut you off something could have went wrong in the system or she only got the $30 a month plan one. I have made hundreds of call off of mine i have talked for 15 hours on my phone already and i have only had it for about 3 weeks now so. It really is unlimited.
Just Wondering

Strunk, KY

#20 Dec 3, 2009
Do you have to use a Credit Card to activate it or it is every month you have to buy a Card from Wal~Mart?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
buy hre pay here car lot? 1 hr Lane 3
Road conditions ? 1 hr Beans 26
turn signals 1 hr Beans 3
Anyone know any good dentists in or around Scot... 14 hr Notme 7
Singles Forum 14 hr need some 340
is there any decent, loyal, faithful women arou... Thu need to know 1
does anyone know Tabitha garland ? Wat kind of ... Thu need to know 13
Oneida Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web