Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

The state of florida is sponsoring a Python hunt in January. The usual gaggle of Animal Rights and other Nanny State are trying to stop it on grounds the Pythos are dangerous and the hunters will dispatch them inhumanly. I think this is a crock of crap. These snakes are dangerous and will eat you, that is why the state of Florida is having the hunt.

The people who hun them are going to be hunters, they know the risks and how to hunt. Are you worried about if the dispatch the snake in a humane manner?I can tell you from some experiiences I have had with an anaconda in Panama, that they will not worry about dispatching you in a human way if they decide to hunt and eat you.

They could also survive in the Scott County area, hibernate under buildings, in the Big South Fork and other areas. They are big,fast and quick and hunt at night. Very silent.

This hunt needs to go on and we all need to support in anyway we can. I would like to go but not sure I can get ready in time this year.In any case let those who want to hunt it.Hunt it before it hunts you.

http://www.google.com/url...
whocares

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

The only good snake is a DEAD SNAKE. Kill them, humanely or not, get rid of them.
Roudy

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

whocares wrote:
The only good snake is a DEAD SNAKE. Kill them, humanely or not, get rid of them.
Exactly. The big difference in these snakes and a poison snake like a copperhead or rattler is they will actually hunt a person to eat. A rattler or copperhead bites only if disturbed or provoked. These pythons are extremely dangerous to people,livestock and game animals.
Rebel Doe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

I don`t agree with you guys. These snakes are great and wonderful cratures. There is no proof that thtey have ever harmed anyone. It just an excuse for a bunch of good old boys to go out and shoot creatures and drink beer. President Obama needs to get inbvolved and put a stop to it.
Elder

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Rebel Doe wrote:
I don`t agree with you guys. These snakes are great and wonderful cratures. There is no proof that thtey have ever harmed anyone. It just an excuse for a bunch of good old boys to go out and shoot creatures and drink beer. President Obama needs to get inbvolved and put a stop to it.
No proof? You idiot pet Pythons have killed babies in their cribs.
Rebel Doe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Elder wrote:
<quoted text>No proof? You idiot pet Pythons have killed babies in their cribs.
Where is your proof? I bet you go out and shoot little animals, likley will be there hunting these poor snakes.
Elder

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Rebel Doe wrote:
<quoted text>Where is your proof? I bet you go out and shoot little animals, likley will be there hunting these poor snakes.
If you all use the google search, you will find many cases that this happened.
yes

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Elder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you all use the google search, you will find many cases that this happened.
you will also learn in each of these cases the snake was not properly secured.

While the hunt in florida is a necessary thing, you're reasoning is far from the truth of why it is being done. They have become an invasive species and are wreaking havoc on the eco system down there... they're not "hunting people down and killing them."
Roudy

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

True there is no documented evidence that these pythons are hunting down people eating them.They have been known to strangle babies and in Burma they have been known to eat people if they ere big enough. Here is the proof that they have killed a baby. They can swallow human and so can an anaconda which some of these large snakes may be,rather than pythons.Both are kept as pets and both get big.This hunt needs to go forward. We had one escape a few years ago from somebody`s pet cage and was found and killed in the wildlife area near where I live. It had been seen by people, it had been loos quiet a while and made it through a winter and the weather gets down to 28 around here in winter. So I think if they spread to the Appalachian Area they can survive, plenty of caves ect for them to hibernate and plenty of food.The hunt needs to happen, who cares if they are dispatched humanly.I am sure the people hunting them in the swamps are aware of the risks and know how to hunt.

http://www.google.com/url...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerica Phillips 10 min Jeff 3
Shawn Harness 22 min sis 2
Oneida elementary school 1 hr Yes 30
Make Scott County Govt Accountable 1 hr Citizen 32
line cooks? 2 hr askin 2
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr WTH 9,314
fix the hurricane rd. 12 hr truth 31
•••
•••

Oneida Jobs