Comments
21 - 40 of 110 Comments Last updated May 21, 2013
Phone

Huntsville, TN

#24 Feb 3, 2013
Trent is a horrible staff worker an don't know what he is doing with the program with out here that place is crap...u screwed up Trent
Information

Matthews, NC

#25 Feb 3, 2013
What happened to the other peole that worke at STAND? Are they still there or are they gone too? Since STAND is a non-profit the records should be public available.
Question

Matthews, NC

#26 Feb 3, 2013
If Denise is no longer with the STAND program, why is her name still on the website listed under TESTING SERVICES?
Too much is not adding up. Maybe STAND is hoping that they can get her to come back.
lol

Oneida, TN

#27 Feb 3, 2013
Question wrote:
If Denise is no longer with the STAND program, why is her name still on the website listed under TESTING SERVICES?
Too much is not adding up. Maybe STAND is hoping that they can get her to come back.
Or maybe their site hasnt been updated yet. Use your head
Stanley, NC

#31 Feb 3, 2013
sink wrote:
I agree with u so much Trent is a thief an much more he is a complete dick and I have worked for Trent before he is not fair and lies and always uses people all the time ...!!
<quoted text>
People should know how he really is!
Question

Thomasville, NC

#32 Feb 3, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe their site hasnt been updated yet. Use your head
Use your head. They may be trying to hold on to the fact that Denise may come back. I do know she QUIT and was not FIRED. I am sure that Trent Coffey and Judge Cotton know just how valuable Denise is to the program.
lol

Oneida, TN

#33 Feb 3, 2013
Oh I like Denise. She is great but just because she isnt off their site doesn't mean she is still there. Either way more than likely they havent changed their site
Question

Oak Ridge, NC

#34 Feb 3, 2013
Well they need to do their job and correct the site then.
caption

Charlotte, NC

#35 Feb 3, 2013
They ain't gonna do there job with out Denise there
Question wrote:
Well they need to do their job and correct the site then.
money

United States

#36 Feb 3, 2013
Okay, the way I understand grant money is that it is deposited into county funds and distributed to each program that it has been allocated for. So if Trent taking money from the program that are not justified and it is found out that he has in fact misappropriated funds that should have been used for the program that he is responsible for running then the county would be responsible for paying back funds that were used illegally. What I want to know is does anyone think that the county can afford to pay back money we just simply do not have in our budget, as well as lose future grant money for our schools. It's a shame that one person can ruin a good program that has the capability to help so many.
why

Powell, TN

#37 Feb 4, 2013
????
Grants

West Columbia, SC

#38 Feb 4, 2013
money wrote:
Okay, the way I understand grant money is that it is deposited into county funds and distributed to each program that it has been allocated for. So if Trent taking money from the program that are not justified and it is found out that he has in fact misappropriated funds that should have been used for the program that he is responsible for running then the county would be responsible for paying back funds that were used illegally. What I want to know is does anyone think that the county can afford to pay back money we just simply do not have in our budget, as well as lose future grant money for our schools. It's a shame that one person can ruin a good program that has the capability to help so many.
The way grants work is the county is responsible for the way the funds are allocated. But then the county can go against the person or persons who misappropriated the funds. If Trent has een doing the things said, he could be in some really hot water. If he is bonded then he may be covered. There are alot of unknowns in this equation at this time. Sounds to me like an audit should be required by the grants. Not an audit for STAND overall.
seriously

Niota, TN

#39 Feb 4, 2013
Grants wrote:
<quoted text>
The way grants work is the county is responsible for the way the funds are allocated. But then the county can go against the person or persons who misappropriated the funds. If Trent has een doing the things said, he could be in some really hot water. If he is bonded then he may be covered. There are alot of unknowns in this equation at this time. Sounds to me like an audit should be required by the grants. Not an audit for STAND overall.
really? His brother in law is the county attorney. Yes the same attorney who has been involved in losing our hospital. If mark blakley was county attorney we would still have our hospital. At least that is my opinion which is shared by many. Who you vote for matters!!!!!!!!!
Citizen

Oak Ridge, NC

#40 Feb 4, 2013
Isn't the county attorney appointed? And the grants, aren't they federal grants? If so, would that not be federal charges, not local charges? Just alot of questions that are swirling around in my head right now.
seriously

Mooresboro, NC

#41 Feb 4, 2013
Citizen wrote:
Isn't the county attorney appointed? And the grants, aren't they federal grants? If so, would that not be federal charges, not local charges? Just alot of questions that are swirling around in my head right now.
elected and the county attorney is john beaty
Wondering

Huntsville, TN

#42 Feb 5, 2013
I would say federal. I hope someone comes in and cleans this county up.
puzzled

United States

#43 Feb 5, 2013
I thought judge cotton was over these programs? To me he has always seemed like an honest person even though some people want to trash talk him. I know he was in running to replace judge white and I don't think that he would stand for Trent to continue running this program if he thought Trent was misusing funds. It may be federal grant money but I don't think the judge would stand for someone stealing it.
Citizen

Charlotte, NC

#44 Feb 5, 2013
puzzled wrote:
I thought judge cotton was over these programs? To me he has always seemed like an honest person even though some people want to trash talk him. I know he was in running to replace judge white and I don't think that he would stand for Trent to continue running this program if he thought Trent was misusing funds. It may be federal grant money but I don't think the judge would stand for someone stealing it.
STAND has a board of directors. It is an incorporation. Judge Cotton's name is not on the site page. I do not know if he is still active in the STAND program or not. Regardless, it would be Trent Coffey in the "hotseat" as EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
Since this topix is not about Judge Cotton I will reserve my comments on that subject.
Wolly

United States

#45 Feb 6, 2013
puzzled wrote:
Why do you think Denise was FIRED and not Trent??? Not taking up for anyone here because I think they are all in the wrong. I hope no one gets away with his one and gets "CAUGHT UP" instead!!!!
Citizen

Charlotte, NC

#46 Feb 6, 2013
Wolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think Denise was FIRED and not Trent??? Not taking up for anyone here because I think they are all in the wrong. I hope no one gets away with his one and gets "CAUGHT UP" instead!!!!
Denise QUIT. She WAS NOT FIRED!
I dont know all the facts about why it happened. I have my own ideas, but I dont know anything for sure other than she QUIT!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make Scott County Govt Accountable 2 hr Joke 43
Oneida can't take the heat 3 hr Tomahawk 1
fix the hurricane rd. 8 hr You know 31
Trey Davis 10 hr Wondering 1
Shawn Harness 10 hr taco bell 9
What happened to HTC old webmail? 13 hr FED UP 8
Do Not Elect Lori Phillips Jones 14 hr step mom 81
•••
•••
•••