First Prev
of 32
Next Last
OICTO-Tighe

Oneida, TN

#1 Aug 27, 2012
PARABLE + short story that illustrates a moral attitude or a religious principle
*** The Holy Bible is full of Parables!
*** Albert Einstine was The Science GUY *** few would refute that!
Einstein was deeply Rligious and accepted a CREATOR who CREATED - Yet Enttein knew the world has Evolves and will EVOLVE
*** As a child I loved Santa Claus *** Adults are EVOLVED hildren! My Great Nephew just did his first pot pee-peen ! Some day he will be able to think in the Wonderment of GOD's Creation - AND perhaps discover a new medicinal cure for one of man's ills -
There is NO clearcut division between Religion & Science *** BOTH contain TRUTHS!
just how it is

Oneida, TN

#2 Aug 28, 2012
(the real truth in Religion and Science)
there is no real truth in Religion a bunch of old bed time story's and myths put together in a book called the bible

no one can or has proven anything in it to be true you only rely on faith as proof

Science is a way to find the truth to prove what it real and what is not

many have used Science to try to prove Religion's beliefs and all have felled what it has proved is that it only myths and story's with no real backing

now i know you don't wont to believe this to be so

Science has done every thing to move this world forward

Religion has done everything it can to hold it back
God luvs You

Stearns, KY

#3 Aug 29, 2012
I feel sorry for you if you really do think or believe that way! God is so good to us! Hope you get some "faith" before it's too late!
Hell sure would be "proof"! I'm sure you'd change your mind in a heartbeat!
uhmm

Pine Knot, KY

#4 Aug 29, 2012
Well, when people don't have a pot to pee in regardless of their age, they lose all perspective on both science and religion toooo far like a stretched rubber band.(which to me they fit amazingly together as proof of our awesome God/higher power than us, and the awesome universe created for us and that is yet to be discovered). We do not know ALL either way. Both faith and the quest for knowledge guide us in all these matters.

Not all travel the same path on this quest. Some take wrong roads before finding their way; others think they know it all, and do not except other options that exist or the path others are on. Ask any scientist how many tries it took them to find a cure, or many Christians how many roads they went down before they found the way for them.

I also don't agree that science has NOT proven that which is in the Bible, for they have found and proven much of it to be true, with exceptions. Not all things of lore handed down are "exactly" the truth, especially in Scott County.(smile now)
just how it is

Oneida, TN

#5 Aug 29, 2012
God luvs You wrote:
I feel sorry for you if you really do think or believe that way! God is so good to us! Hope you get some "faith" before it's too late!
Hell sure would be "proof"! I'm sure you'd change your mind in a heartbeat!
can you show me or hand me proof of what you beleave in anyway
i dont think so
wondering

Batesburg, SC

#6 Aug 29, 2012
I don't know if there is a God or not. I do know that when women pray over and over to God to please help them leave a bad marriage and every thing they try doesn't work that makes it hard to believe
O know when I see a murdered or abused child that makes me wonder.
I think there has to be more when we die then this, but what if this is the best we have? What if there is nothing when you die? Maybe people saying that we will all meet back up in heaven is just a way to comfort the ones left behind.
But that's just my opinion on the mattet
unoit

Oneida, TN

#7 Aug 29, 2012
its like this pray in one hand crap in the other see witch one fills up first
and yes it is is just a way to comfort the ones left behind
and for the ones who think they will see their love ones in haven the bible tells us
in heaven there is no mother or dad sister or brother for this a worldly thing and all worldly things will be left behind
see i dont beleave but i know how to read
wondering

Batesburg, SC

#8 Aug 29, 2012
I think that if one could prove the existence of God they may be able to convince me.
OICTO-Tighe

Huntsville, TN

#9 Aug 29, 2012
Filched -
An atheist was walking through the woods, admiring all that the "accidents" that evolution had created.

"What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" hesaid to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. Turning to look, he saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge towards
him.

He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw the grizzly was closing.

Somehow, he ran even faster, so scared that tears came to his eyes. He looked again and the bear was even closer.

His heart was pounding and he tried to run faster. He tripped and fell to the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but the bear was right
over him, reaching for him with its left paw and raising its right paw to strike him.

At that instant the atheist cried, "Oh my God...!"

Time stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent.
Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all these years, teach others that I don't exist
and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical to ask to be religious after all these years, but perhaps you could make the bear religious?"

"Very well" said the voice.

The light went out. The river ran. The sounds of the forest resumed.

..and then the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together and bowed its head and spoke:

"Lord, for this food which I am about to
receive, I am truly thankful..."

YEPERS - I stold it!
wondering

Batesburg, SC

#10 Aug 29, 2012
Show me proff God ever existed. I just find it hard to believe that something created this planet or any other one. The Bible says I am what I am. I am the beginning and the end the alpha and omega. But, you will be hard pressed to show me proof in the Bible or anywhere for that matter that God actually existed. Preachers can't even show me. The Bible and God is not to be questioned is all they say.
unoit

Oneida, TN

#11 Aug 29, 2012
wondering wrote:
I don't know if there is a God or not. I do know that when women pray over and over to God to please help them leave a bad marriage and every thing they try doesn't work that makes it hard to believe
I think there has to be more when we die then this, but what if this is the best we have? What if there is nothing when you die? Maybe people saying that we will all meet back up in heaven is just a way to comfort the ones left behind.
as i said i dont beleave in Religion but i do read alot
but as for praying for god to help you
the bible tells us that god helps thous who helps them self
insteed of praying you need to walk away or even run there are many good people out there that will help but god will not
geez

Pine Knot, KY

#12 Aug 30, 2012
Watching Hurricane Isaac as I did Katrina reminds me of this story and your comments:

A man who had believed in God all his life and always been religious, read his Bible, prayed, etc. lived in a town on a river where torential rains were starting. The mayor, radio, TV, emergency personnel all told the people to get out of town NOW! Flash flooding was gonna come roaring downstream and flood the whole town. Most all heeded the warnings and got out right away!

This man, tho, said "I've been a man of God all my life and he will save me, so I'm not leaving!" Well, here came the higher waters rising, and he had to move up to his 2nd floor. Rescue boats came to get him, still he repeated the above and refused to go with them. The waters rose way higher and he had to get on his roof, and his house started floating away. Rescue sent a helicopter and ladder with a guy to help him up, still he fervently repeated the same thing and refused to be helped.

Finally, the big flash wall came, collapsed his house, and he drowned. When he got to the pearly gates, he was so mad he was cussin at God...saying, "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE ME??!!!" And God said, "Well, I told you to get out by all means available, sent you a rescue boat, AND a helicopter...what else did you want me to do??"
OCTO-Tighe

Huntsville, TN

#13 Aug 30, 2012
Religion = Devoted commitment to the Worship of a Supernatural God.
Science = True knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or mis-understanding.

Can Religious people believe in the Science of Evolution?
Can Scientists believe in creationism?

If a glass has water in it from the base to halfway up the sides on a level surface; some would say “it’s half full” and others “it’s half empty.” The reasoning person should say “its full of water and other gases (or air.)”

It is easy to always think *in the box.*
Sone always think that way!

The reasoning person knows most boxes have 12 sides, six inside and six outside, and also knows the box has content even if ‘empty.’

The reasoning person knows there are no pat answers and says:“Let’s think outside the box!”

Let’s all THINK !

“My pages don't stick”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#14 Aug 30, 2012
wondering wrote:
Show me proff God ever existed. I just find it hard to believe that something created this planet or any other one. The Bible says I am what I am. I am the beginning and the end the alpha and omega. But, you will be hard pressed to show me proof in the Bible or anywhere for that matter that God actually existed. Preachers can't even show me. The Bible and God is not to be questioned is all they say.
Then let me ask you, do you take the warning "Danger: High Voltage" seriously because you have been electrocuted, or because the experts give a credible 'testimony'?
wondering

High Point, NC

#15 Aug 30, 2012
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Then let me ask you, do you take the warning "Danger: High Voltage" seriously because you have been electrocuted, or because the experts give a credible 'testimony'?
I take it serious because there us ACTUAL proof that high doses of electricity can and has killed people, God on the other hand no one has proven his existence. Now Jesus has been proven. I do believe a man named Jesus existed. I'm just not convinced that some magic being that came from who knows what, is responsible for creating this whole universe simply by commanding let there be light.

“My pages don't stick”

Location hidden

#16 Aug 31, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>I take it serious because there us ACTUAL proof that high doses of electricity can and has killed people, God on the other hand no one has proven his existence. Now Jesus has been proven. I do believe a man named Jesus existed. I'm just not convinced that some magic being that came from who knows what, is responsible for creating this whole universe simply by commanding let there be light.
And why do you say that? Because you weren't there? Or because someone'e idea of 'science' can't explain it, much less copy it? And as for the subject of light, it is used in the bible to also demonstrate awareness, as in becoming enlightened. The illustration of the High Voltage was to demonstrate that faith is based on proof.

Can you prove space aliens exist?

No theories, now

“My pages don't stick”

Location hidden

#17 Aug 31, 2012
wondering wrote:
What you need to realize here is that God does not intervene in matters that He has designated civil authority for.

I don't have anything to lose by believing.
hoss

Oneida, TN

#18 Aug 31, 2012
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have anything to lose by believing.
Except opening your mind and learning about a whole new world we are discovering more of every day with science. If you are ok keeping your mind on the level its on then great, ignorance is bliss. Most people can't handle the truth anyways and that's ok if you're ok with it. Some people like to learn how the world and reality work instead of just smiling and saying "eh, who cares about that stuff, there's things on TV to watch."
uhmm

Pine Knot, KY

#19 Aug 31, 2012
Well to me, both science and religion fit like hand in glove, or maybe as pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that all fit together, and many branches of religion and of science hold key pieces of that knowledge and puzzle. Some put those together and "get it"...others don't or don't want to "get it." I sometimes look at the Taliban that way...they wish to stay in the Dark Ages of their culture that has gone on that way many centuries, instead of moving forward to the 21st Century with new knowledge both God AND science has given us. Sometimes...I even look at our county that way! Like last nite at Trinity Baptist Church! What the heck???!!
potato salad

Pine Knot, KY

#20 Aug 31, 2012
Educate your self, before u speak!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 32
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Road conditions ? 1 hr land owner 27
Melanie Trosper 1 hr friend 5
For the Love of Paws (of Scott Co.) A Nonprofit... (Dec '11) 5 hr Janet 24
Charles Dewayne Stephens 10 hr Wondering 1
turn signals 11 hr up hard 5
Singles Forum 12 hr newb 345
ISIS. Whats the solution? 16 hr Thinker 48
Oneida Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web