First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1 Oct 2, 2012
What is this persons story? I would like to know his likes, dislikes and a general biography of who this mysterious individual is. Please tell!
uhmmm

Pine Knot, KY

#2 Oct 2, 2012
Octo is 82+ years old, disabled vet, with still very active mind, extremely well respected for his accomplishments/wisdom in social services in Knoxville, Cincinnati, elsewhere. He is a Scott County native who grew up in Huntsville, moved back here after retiring/wife from here also, former teacher. Has written a few books, which can still be purchased, but spends a lot of his still precious time helping others of any age...online, for unable to do otherwise physically now. Likes most every subject you can think of! Very opinionated on some/very flexible on others!

Have known him all my life, so I know all of the above to be true. I respect his views, and he respects mine...whether we always agree or disagree on some views!
SC Citizen

Oneida, TN

#3 Oct 2, 2012
He is like a surfer dude or something, He has a bushy bushy blond hairdo. One Kool Dude!

Location hidden

#4 Oct 2, 2012
Well I'm not sure which one is true but I'm gonna guess the first one. Good on him for being a good person!
elder

Wartburg, TN

#5 Oct 2, 2012
uhmmm wrote:
Octo is 82+ years old, disabled vet, with still very active mind, extremely well respected for his accomplishments/wisdom in social services in Knoxville, Cincinnati, elsewhere. He is a Scott County native who grew up in Huntsville, moved back here after retiring/wife from here also, former teacher. Has written a few books, which can still be purchased, but spends a lot of his still precious time helping others of any age...online, for unable to do otherwise physically now. Likes most every subject you can think of! Very opinionated on some/very flexible on others!
Have known him all my life, so I know all of the above to be true. I respect his views, and he respects mine...whether we always agree or disagree on some views!
I'm honored to call him "friend" Known him all my life. I always refer to him as Mr. Tighe out of respect.
great sadness

Pine Knot, KY

#6 Nov 13, 2012
It is with great sadness that I tell you that veteran Octo-ti (Tighe) 83+ passed away on Monday, November 12, 2012. He was a great friend to me all my life and to my parents now gone.

He will no longer be commenting to us, imparting his wisdom, views on life, and wit. He will be missed by the many who knew him personally, as well as online. He wrote a few books and prose these past few years as a retiree, and was a UT grad/big Vol fan, and longtime social worker for many years. I will miss him gone on to heaven, but he will not be forgotten.

You may sign his online guestbook at www.westmurleyfh.net if you wish. Funeral arrangements are pending.

Since: Nov 12

Oneida, TN

#7 Nov 13, 2012
Rest In Peace Octo!

Location hidden

#8 Nov 13, 2012
Hate to hear this. Always enjoyed his posts, most were informative and some gave me a good chuckle. No doubt that he's in heaven. God bless him and his family.
sad

Miami, FL

#9 Nov 13, 2012
R.I.P. Octo

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 13, 2012
Oh man...that's sad. Bunion wanted to get liggered up with him and hear all his stories.
really

Oneida, TN

#11 Nov 13, 2012
Oh how sad. I always enjoyed his posts. R.I.P. Octo.
oh my

Pine Knot, KY

#12 Nov 13, 2012
He will be so missed. Glad to have known him. He enriched a lot of lives. Prayers to all his family.
Elder

Oneida, TN

#13 Nov 13, 2012
elder wrote:
<quoted text> I'm honored to call him "friend" Known him all my life. I always refer to him as Mr. Tighe out of respect.
I wrote this Oct.2. Little did I know it would be the last before he died. With greatest respect I will miss him.
Junebug

Robbins, TN

#14 Nov 13, 2012
So sad to hear today of his passing. I loved reading his posts on here. May God grant his family peace and comfort during this time.

Proverbs 3:5-6
obit info

Pine Knot, KY

#15 Nov 13, 2012
His obituary and arrangements are now online at the above mentioned site. There is one error as he graduated from Huntsville High...not Scott High.
truth

Oak Ridge, NC

#16 Nov 13, 2012
R.I.P. octo. We all will miss your wisdom.
rhonda

Huntsville, TN

#17 Nov 13, 2012
so sad as if i knew him.
Roudy

Yuba City, CA

#18 Nov 13, 2012
I am very sad to her of Mr. Tighe`s passing. I never met him but have posted with him on a number of occasions. I am sorry I never met him, I don`t think he lived in Scott Country when I grew, might have and I just didn`t know him. I am sure he will be missed by many people. He had a lot of knowledge of the county and it`s history.God Bless him and may he Rest In Peace.
sad

United States

#19 Nov 14, 2012
I'm sorry and my prayers go out to
them
Grandma

Concord, NC

#20 Nov 15, 2012
Rest in Peace my dear old friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trina 2 hr Mary Lee 1
Back taxes owed 5 hr jabby 7
department of children services in scott county (Jul '09) 7 hr sad 129
Poll County Leaders Doing a Good Job? 13 hr cha ching 100
michelle muse 15 hr Stevie 8
little girl pageants 16 hr proudmomma 1
leisha marlow (Jul '11) Thu Pretty toes 13
More from around the web

Oneida People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE