Cowpens, SC

#1 Feb 13, 2013
Just curious about this business. Been hearing alot of bad things about it. Do they still do drug screens in the school? I hear a lot of negative things about the director and how he is misusing the funds given to him. I am thinking about calling this organization into the state but need more evidence before I feel comfortable in making a complaint. I just hate to see services that could be helpful to the community go to nothing because of someone's dishonesty. On the drug court site on here, some very negative things are being said about STAND.

Franklin, NC

#2 Feb 13, 2013
How exactly are you going to get reliable information from posting on topix???? All you will hear from people on here is all that is negative. If you really want information about how funding is spent, request to see the financial forms. I'm not exactly sure who you ask, but maybe you could pursue the request through the state.
501C3 tn

Barlow, KY

#3 Feb 13, 2013
They are a 501(c)3 organization. You just walk in and request to see the tax returns. It is public record because they receive state funding.

Charlotte, NC

#4 Feb 14, 2013
As a former acquaintance with the program a couple years ago, I know that the records being kept all add up because Trent makes them add up. However, the funds are not spent how he says they are spent. For example, he says he is doing repairs on the stand building and its actually for his house. I'm just not sure how to gather the info I need to turn in a report. I'm sure by this time he has fixed all his books to reflect what he is supposed to be doing with the STAND money.

Charlotte, NC

#5 Feb 14, 2013
You are correct. You can request to see the tax info. Plus you can find all that info from the 990 by googling it online. However, you will not find the receipts and travel expenses that he has falsified though. It will be up to his board of directors to find out this info. Good luck with that. His brother in law is on his board and is also an attorney.
be real

Wartburg, TN

#6 Feb 16, 2013
It's like a lot of other places in this county. There's not a damn thing you can get done. If it is state run, and he is good at kisssing asses, case closed. They all take care of each other. The book's and record's are all up to standard, and if he has a brother in law, which is a lawyer, you may as well go blow smoke up a water hose. Do you about as much good.

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2013
So, what's being done about STAND and their actions? Or lack of I guess is the right term. What is the number we need to call or have them thoroughly investigated? And not by just some county people.
be real

Wartburg, TN

#8 Feb 23, 2013
There should be a number on the state of tennessee's hotline. Nothing else, call the TBI, they will do an investigation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cops arrest 80 year old man 27 min Support 32
Last Days (Jan '16) 42 min Time 170
Status of Highland's fiber optic internet (May '11) 1 hr Ted 46
atvs riding at night 8 hr Just see 11
Woman over salad bar-prestons 12 hr I know her 4
jason marcum (Dec '12) 16 hr Steve 7
fun women 18 hr 69fun 1

Oneida Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oneida Mortgages