Scott Co. Sheriff's Department

Posted in the Oneida Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Thoughtful

United States

#1 Dec 15, 2012
How does everyone think the jail is being run?
why not

Powell, TN

#2 Dec 15, 2012
that depends on who you ask
starwatcher

Wartburg, TN

#3 Dec 15, 2012
Sounds like someone has an itch to scratch.
bad

Oliver Springs, TN

#4 Dec 16, 2012
I think Mike Cross needs to run it like he was hired to, and quit letting those crooked jailers run it.
Just sayin

Wartburg, TN

#5 Dec 17, 2012
Actually he does run it. Do you know what goes on there? I doubt it. Maybe you need tossed a day down there then correct your statement
Just sayin

Wartburg, TN

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Spend*
Hmm

United States

#7 Dec 20, 2012
Who are the jailer's?
ummnope
#8 Dec 20, 2012
Jailers? I think you need to worry about his crooked deputies and detectives.
Jeff

London, KY

#9 Dec 27, 2012
I think they need to serve real food before they have a riot
gotcha

Wartburg, TN

#10 Dec 28, 2012
GOOD jailers. Very few people I can complain about with Mike's staff in all departments. No one thinks they are too cool to talk with you, no one is abusive (maybe Danny Phillips a little bit thinks he is cool but Kris makes up for him in the nice department). The majority of Mike's staff are fine upstanding citizens that serve and protect. Not anything like that despisable husband and wife couple that worked for Anthony Lay. I think their last name was woodard or woodward or... They really abused the position and was people that gave Lay's staff a bad name. Way to go Mike. Keep on the good work. Thanks Kris for all the drugs you have stopped from entering Scott Co.
Swanson

Oneida, TN

#11 Dec 28, 2012
Stopped it from entering the county? Try putting it in his own pocket. Kris is the most corrupt cop of them all.
yup

Whitley City, KY

#12 Dec 28, 2012
I know someone who was arrested for raping a 14 year old girl (the man is nearly 50), and was released on a signature bond by Mike Cross' direction. What a great sheriff, he let's rapists run loose!

He also doesn't follow up on filed reports, and if anyone wants to argue that go up to Mike's face and ask him about when a US Marshall and a Federal Postal Inspector were dispatched to Oneida (when he was chief) to find out why he had done nothing about a string of Mailbox vandalism (over 100+ mailboxes). It was truly a sight to behold, watching that Marshall tear into his ass up one side and SCSD.
yup

Whitley City, KY

#13 Dec 28, 2012
Cut off some of my comment. Should read:

It was truly a sight to behold, watching that US Marshall tear into his ass up one side and down the other. Mike cross is a joke and so it SCSD.
life is good

Wartburg, TN

#14 Dec 29, 2012
Kris Lewallen is one of the nicest officers at SCSD. He is always helpful even if it is not his dept. he has to help you with, he will find you help and stay around until he sees that you are OK. I hear tell the food is terrible in the jail but it is jail not the Holiday Inn. I also hear the food is getting better since the female inmates cook it. That was a smart move and probably saves the county money and the prisoners eat mores nutritious meals. Even if a prisoner should not expect Holiday Inn meal, nutritious and appealing meals should be served. This is still human beings that are being fed and this is the 21st century. Each prisoner is somebody's family and is loved.
Concerned

London, KY

#16 Dec 29, 2012
The sheriffs dept is as corrupt as it gets,its hard to believe they get away with what they do.Mike Cross fired Kris from the city police for stealing tips off the tables at Huddle House then hired him when he became sheriff,and since then he got caught stealing tips at Pizza Hut. He takes pills and money off people he pulls over and never turns it in and Danny Phillips is his main butt buddy.Mike knows whats goin on but he gets his cut so he dont care. Its not going to stop till the people of Scott Co puts an end to it,if you have been done wrong by the sheriffs dept put it on here and let everybody know.You can also contact the T.B.I.let somebody know whats going on in this county lets put an end to the corruption that is the SCSD.
Jay

Sunbright, TN

#17 Dec 30, 2012
Concerned wrote:
The sheriffs dept is as corrupt as it gets,its hard to believe they get away with what they do.Mike Cross fired Kris from the city police for stealing tips off the tables at Huddle House then hired him when he became sheriff,and since then he got caught stealing tips at Pizza Hut. He takes pills and money off people he pulls over and never turns it in and Danny Phillips is his main butt buddy.Mike knows whats goin on but he gets his cut so he dont care. Its not going to stop till the people of Scott Co puts an end to it,if you have been done wrong by the sheriffs dept put it on here and let everybody know.You can also contact the T.B.I.let somebody know whats going on in this county lets put an end to the corruption that is the SCSD.
The T.B.I. was contacted when the sheriff and 4 of his deputies beat a juvenile at the juvenile center and thats still pending maybe they will get kicked out of office
Pissed

Brodhead, KY

#18 Dec 30, 2012
That place is a joke an so are the officers ill equipped under trained an scared of a shadow... Beating ppl who haven't done anything other than not follow a few commands is BS... not taking someone to a hospital after beating them is BS... they are prob corrupt an a disgrace to a badge an uniform... If your so scared that you have to beat an unarmed guy whom your backup has his weapon pulled on that is pathetic... I hope the T.B.I has the hooks in good an the bad ones go down in a blaze LMFAO... They would rep what they sow....
Pissed

Brodhead, KY

#19 Dec 30, 2012
life is good wrote:
Kris Lewallen is one of the nicest officers at SCSD. He is always helpful even if it is not his dept. he has to help you with, he will find you help and stay around until he sees that you are OK. I hear tell the food is terrible in the jail but it is jail not the Holiday Inn. I also hear the food is getting better since the female inmates cook it. That was a smart move and probably saves the county money and the prisoners eat mores nutritious meals. Even if a prisoner should not expect Holiday Inn meal, nutritious and appealing meals should be served. This is still human beings that are being fed and this is the 21st century. Each prisoner is somebody's family and is loved.
The food is bad an if they tried to feed it to real inmates in Prisons a riot would happen... the money they save the county prob fattens someones pockets more than likely... There are standards by which they must abide ohhh wait this is Scott County they can do whatever the F**K they want down there....If you need to commit murder just go to Oneida TN just like 60 mins says ROFL... That place is a joke.. Hope the T.B.I crawls down there throats an out there corrupt asses.....
Drew Norman

Oneida, TN

#20 Dec 31, 2012
lol i went there one tiem becuz i did crack

it was good, and i loved it, good service
interesting

Wartburg, TN

#21 Feb 25, 2013
yup wrote:
I know someone who was arrested for raping a 14 year old girl (the man is nearly 50), and was released on a signature bond by Mike Cross' direction. What a great sheriff, he let's rapists run loose!
He also doesn't follow up on filed reports, and if anyone wants to argue that go up to Mike's face and ask him about when a US Marshall and a Federal Postal Inspector were dispatched to Oneida (when he was chief) to find out why he had done nothing about a string of Mailbox vandalism (over 100+ mailboxes). It was truly a sight to behold, watching that Marshall tear into his ass up one side and SCSD.
It would not be the first rapist he has let walk out, and keep the druggies locked up, which one is more important to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Busted county commisioners 53 min wondering 2
Carrie botts 1 hr Gossip 4
Judy martin (Jul '16) 2 hr Run 7
Who buys pop? 16 hr Curious 13
Chad ellis/ methhead 18 hr Jenny 1
Grand Vista 20 hr STP 9
Scott County Middle School Basketball 22 hr MC hammer 5

Oneida Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance