Food banks in Scott County

Posted in the Oneida Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned neighbor

United States

#1 Apr 3, 2013
I have a neighbor that is dissabled and low income. She needs help with food. Does anyone know where she can go to get help or have any information for contacting an organization? I am very concerned for her. Thank you
Nothing 2 c again

Oneida, TN

#2 Apr 3, 2013
Methodist church on Main Street has a food bank open Thursdays, take food stamp card, ID, and a piece of mail with current address, also there is a food bank open on Tuesdays at the homeless shelter, not sure of requirements there
Are you serious

Asheville, NC

#3 Apr 3, 2013
You have to be getting food stamps to get food from a food bank? How messed up is that? What about those that don't get food stamps but get caught in bad spot. DHS is not going to help them and now the food banks don't help. Thanks for the information. I WILL NEVER again make a food donation to be given to the food pantry/bank. Now you have my blood boiling. This is wrong. It should not matter if you get stamps or not. If you come to get it, you should be allowed.
Once again those on the system get more than those who try to make it with out assistance.
A Voter

Wartburg, TN

#4 Apr 3, 2013
Amen to that,"Are you serious". There is something wrong with the systems around here. People that working in public/government field seems to either not give a heck or it's not their job.

But Concerned Neighbor, contact Ella Smith at Scott/Morgan project. Think you will get results there. Good Luck and thank you for looking out for another human being.
Taliesin

Winfield, TN

#5 Apr 3, 2013
you do not have to be on food stamps to receive food from the methodist food bank.
Are you serious

Knoxville, TN

#6 Apr 4, 2013
Nothing 2 c again said "Methodist church on Main Street has a food bank open Thursdays, take food stamp card, ID, and a piece of mail with current address, also there is a food bank open on Tuesdays at the homeless shelter, not sure of requirements there "
Not everyone gets food stamps that may need a little help. The sytem is messed up.
Allia

Oneida, TN

#7 Apr 4, 2013
Not sure about the food pantry at the homeless shelter, but IN THE PAST, you DID NOT have to be on food stamps to get assistance. You have to show EITHER your driver lisence or your food stamp card. That how they keep track of who comes, so you don't come two time in a day.
also

Oneida, TN

#8 Apr 4, 2013
I believe New Haven Baptist Church out Coopertown Road has a food bank as well. You can call them to find out about it.
Taliesin

Winfield, TN

#9 Apr 4, 2013
I am almost positive, Serious, that one does not have to be on food stamp assistance to receive help from the church. I would just call to find out, because I think you just need some form of ID and a utility bill showing where you live. I think they have in mind keeping the assistance local.
Are you serious

Arden, NC

#10 Apr 4, 2013
Taliesin wrote:
I am almost positive, Serious, that one does not have to be on food stamp assistance to receive help from the church. I would just call to find out, because I think you just need some form of ID and a utility bill showing where you live. I think they have in mind keeping the assistance local.
That explanation I can understand and agree with, but when that one said you had to have a food stamp card: That just went all over me. Thanks for trying to clear that up.:)
Chuck-a-Luck

Oliver Springs, TN

#11 Apr 5, 2013
Check the dumpsters for food.
For sure

Crossville, TN

#12 Apr 6, 2013
You do have to show food stamp card.
Forget it

Landrum, SC

#13 Apr 6, 2013
For sure wrote:
You do have to show food stamp card.
Then it is another scam. I will not donate ever again to any of the food banks around here. Another way for those on the system to keep on getting more for doing nothing.
Hope-to-help

Wartburg, TN

#15 Apr 7, 2013
Winfield Baptist helps anyone who needs food. Come to the church fellowship hall on Wed around 6:30 and ask for someone on the food committee. Bags of food are ready to go. Also right after church on Sunday. You can also call the church number at any time and arrangements can be made. No age requirements or documents needed, just people who need help. If pick-up can not be arranged, the committee will deliver. Dinner is served in the fellowship hall every Wed around 6:30 and breakfast is served on Sunday mornings at 9:30. Food bags are delivered about once a month. If anyone needs to e added, please call the church.
niceneighbor

Oneida, TN

#16 Apr 7, 2013
Concerned neighbor wrote:
I have a neighbor that is dissabled and low income. She needs help with food. Does anyone know where she can go to get help or have any information for contacting an organization? I am very concerned for her. Thank you
Take her to sign up for food stamps. I hope she gets help.
unoit

Wartburg, TN

#17 Apr 8, 2013
niceneighbor wrote:
<quoted text>Take her to sign up for food stamps. I hope she gets help.
if she is on ssi she will only get $18 in food stamps
Sunshine

Athens, TN

#18 Apr 8, 2013
unoit wrote:
<quoted text>
if she is on ssi she will only get $18 in food stamps
That is a shame.
Well at least now she knows she can go to Winfield and get some food for free with no strings attached.
Allia

Oneida, TN

#19 Apr 9, 2013
Well $18 is better than what she's getting now. Every little bit helps! Take advantage of the resources, that's what they're there for!
jungo

Sunbright, TN

#20 Apr 9, 2013
Why food bank?

grasshoppers, place them on a rock slab in the center of our firepit, and let the hot coals roast them until crunchy (about five minutes). Itís going to sound like you're eating a bag of Fritos, and the taste is nothing like chicken. Tabasco goes a long way with such meals.

Bee larvae when sauteed in butter, taste much like mushroomy bacon.

cockroaches can actually be very clean and tasty insects, especially if they are fed on fresh fruits and vegetables. They can be eaten toasted, fried, sauteed, or boiled.
Seriously

United States

#21 Apr 9, 2013
OMG people. They just asked to get help for a handicap neighbor. Someone always has to make a comment to start crap over a simple question. It's nice that there are some people who have a heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know Katie byrge and anything about... 13 min Judges 3
Is it time now? 1 hr O know 8
Daniel brown 1 hr Judges 12
Tina Phillips 11 hr John 1
Parties 2n? 13 hr J Edgar 6
Michelle Hicks n her boyfriend 13 hr Shes sweet and pr... 2
Rachel isenberg 20 hr Wow 3

Oneida Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance