Myth

Vernon Center, NY

#1 Mar 1, 2013
Why do people believe in the existence of god? Do they believe in Santa, leprechauns and unicorns too? I am tired of hearing suffering people say they are putting there faith in gods hands.... If there is a god why didn't he protect them from their suffering in the first place.
Jason

Syracuse, NY

#2 Mar 1, 2013
People say that before surgery too, I'm putting it in gods hands..... So I believe that would make me god since I am the one fixing them during surgery.... With my hands.
Myth

Vernon Center, NY

#3 Mar 2, 2013
Jason wrote:
People say that before surgery too, I'm putting it in gods hands..... So I believe that would make me god since I am the one fixing them during surgery.... With my hands.
I recently had surgery, with incredible results. Someone said something along the lines of "god was watching out for you". I thought... Yeah.. Ok.. It wasn't the incredibly talented surgeon... I would love to be wrong.. I would love an idyllic afterlife of loved ones and lush meadows and wild flowers or some other perception of heaven, but it is not to be. There is no proof. When you die, it's over.
Jason

Syracuse, NY

#4 Mar 2, 2013
Myth wrote:
<quoted text>
I recently had surgery, with incredible results. Someone said something along the lines of "god was watching out for you". I thought... Yeah.. Ok.. It wasn't the incredibly talented surgeon... I would love to be wrong.. I would love an idyllic afterlife of loved ones and lush meadows and wild flowers or some other perception of heaven, but it is not to be. There is no proof. When you die, it's over.
I believe in a higher power, what that power is I have no idea. No one knows for sure. It could be aliens for all I know, wouldn't that be funny if the scientologists have been right all along?!?! I think people reach for faith everywhere and if that's what they need then it's ok, I'm not going to tell people they're wrong because who knows maybe they're right. As long as you are leading a good life then I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. I am a man of proof however, I like to see evidence, all i know is that when someone goes into cardiac arrest, god isn't doing CPR.
Waste

Watertown, NY

#5 Jun 4, 2013
Blame the doctor when they die.
Thank god when they survive.
Sounds legit.
Robert Chesebrough

Midlothian, TX

#6 Jun 4, 2013
Waste wrote:
Blame the doctor when they die.
Thank god when they survive.
Sounds legit.
doesn't seem very fair to the DR.
but your statement is often said.
Waste

Watertown, NY

#7 Jun 4, 2013
Robert Chesebrough wrote:
<quoted text>doesn't seem very fair to the DR.
but your statement is often said.
Not many religions have been fair to science.
Long dong

New York, NY

#8 Jun 4, 2013
Because there is a war between good and evil who knows what the terms of the war between good and evil are. There are positive and negatives to every thing in nature and science. Maybe it's a test of faith why else would god ask a devoted follower to kill his child own child in the old testament. And doc maybe you've never seen a miracle but other doctors have and heard of near death experiences maybe you don't see god in the world because you refuse to acknowledge his existance. Hey doc your a rational thinker a science man.....why is dmt only released in the human body when your born and when you die?Everything you know is an illusion. And good and evil are all around.
Long dong

New York, NY

#9 Jun 4, 2013
Original sin is why no human on this earth can say they have never done anything evil or wrong in their life. That's why good people do bad things. That's why bad things happen to good people. Why can great things happen to bad people? I look at it this way science is real in this existence. The mysteries will be revealed in time.
Jason

Boonville, NY

#10 Jun 4, 2013
Long dong wrote:
Because there is a war between good and evil who knows what the terms of the war between good and evil are. There are positive and negatives to every thing in nature and science. Maybe it's a test of faith why else would god ask a devoted follower to kill his child own child in the old testament. And doc maybe you've never seen a miracle but other doctors have and heard of near death experiences maybe you don't see god in the world because you refuse to acknowledge his existance. Hey doc your a rational thinker a science man.....why is dmt only released in the human body when your born and when you die?Everything you know is an illusion. And good and evil are all around.
DMT is always found in the human body. Only I trace amounts. It's one of those things that may have been essential long ago but has lost it's purpose (like your appendix). It is possible that DMT is always being used by the body for neurotransmission. Maybe when you're born or when you die it is no longer being used or rarely used so it builds up. Not too sure on this one. Another one of life's mysteries.
Long dong

New York, NY

#11 Jun 4, 2013
Your transitioning between planes of existence. Smoke it once and your questions will be answered.
Long dong

New York, NY

#12 Jun 4, 2013
I knOw it's always in your body I said it is only released when your born and when you die. If you have questions if this world is it it then try dmt and you will see there is more out there than what you see on this plane of existence.
Whatevs

Liverpool, NY

#14 Jun 10, 2013
Or maybe you just did too many psychedelics, and are part of the Hippie Clan now.
Not really

New York, NY

#15 Jun 10, 2013
Try dmt once you'll see ask any one who has tried it. Only released when your born and when you die pretty interesting.
Not really

New York, NY

#16 Jun 10, 2013
Like omg whatevs. Judging by your vocab you must have been inducted into the dumb blonde teenie clan. Feed your head and maybe you'd actually find pleasure in things other than tanning, shopping and getting your nails done.
GOD

Watertown, NY

#17 Jun 13, 2013
god is something we believe before we die or while were here to ease the process of leaving to have slight faith in good to come does he exist we wont know till our time comes i have faith he does but wont know

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phil Trombino 2 hr Marys 9
give junebug a hug 3 hr jonnyboy 3
tammy mahoney (Aug '13) 20 hr Lets find Tammy 1,011
white lives matter....way more 20 hr UR White Trash 10
Oneida losers 21 hr Curious 2
what. happrn. on. lake. st Tue dianne 15
big lots (Jan '15) Tue Phil Trombino 9

Oneida Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oneida Mortgages