Oneida Fire Department

Oneida Fire Department

Posted in the Oneida Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Juris Doctorate

Clarkson, KY

#1 Nov 7, 2010
When firefighters are on the scene of an emergency, they are only allowed to park their vehicles in the roadway if at least one of the emergency light's are activated. Otherwise they are in violation of state law. State law also indicates that firefighters are to have RED lights only. White/clear are not listed as acceptable in the Kentucky Revised Statutes.
no the law

United States

#2 Nov 10, 2010
if ronald was still cheef you all would no the law, bring him bac before you really mess up and get sued.
firefighter

Stanford, KY

#3 Nov 27, 2010
no the law wrote:
if ronald was still cheef you all would no the law, bring him bac before you really mess up and get sued.
you have lost your mind so he can rob the place again maybe go to a car fire with some one in it with no water in the truck oh yeah that what they need you are dum and we are allowed to run clear and red only blue is for the law you see i know to but alot people run red let how to spell also dummy this is how you spell (know) but you knew that didnt you fool let me ask you something why dont you get up off your lazy azz and come out and do what we do but that is not going to happen is it you are to freaking lazy set back and draw your check and live off other people am i right yes i am so shut up and be a good little prick
Juris Doctorate

Clarkson, KY

#4 Dec 6, 2010
FireFighter, to blunt, you are wrong. Kentucky Law forbids you to use any color other than red. Here is the law: read carefully...

KRS: 189.920, subsection 1 and subsection 7:

BE SURE TO READ SUBSECTION 7

(subsection 1) All fire department, rescue squad, or publicly owned emergency management agency emergency vehicles and all ambulances shall be equipped with one (1) or more flashing, rotating, or oscillating RED lights...

(subsection 7) No emergency vehicle, public safety vehicle, or any other vehicle covered by KRS 189.920 shall use any light of any other color than those specified by this statute...

You see, you are wrong. That is the what the law indicates. ONLY RED.
no the law

United States

#5 Dec 8, 2010
Juris Doctorate wrote:
FireFighter, to blunt, you are wrong. Kentucky Law forbids you to use any color other than red. Here is the law: read carefully...
KRS: 189.920, subsection 1 and subsection 7:
BE SURE TO READ SUBSECTION 7
(subsection 1) All fire department, rescue squad, or publicly owned emergency management agency emergency vehicles and all ambulances shall be equipped with one (1) or more flashing, rotating, or oscillating RED lights...
(subsection 7) No emergency vehicle, public safety vehicle, or any other vehicle covered by KRS 189.920 shall use any light of any other color than those specified by this statute...
You see, you are wrong. That is the what the law indicates. ONLY RED.
I tole you that if ronald was chief you would know the law. You kneed to call him and beg him to come bac even pay him a little. it will be cheeper than a lawsuite. Do you call everbody a prick that is smarter than you? Must be a lot of pricks in the world.
Juris Doctorate

Clarkson, KY

#6 Dec 8, 2010
To "no the law"... Ok, I am pretty sure you missed the whole concept of my post. Based on your spelling, grammar and lack of knowledge concerning KRS, I'm not so sure you should be the one commenting on my intellectual capacity. Hint, try hooked on phonics. The Law that was quoted in my prior post is a Criminal Law, which is enforced by the police, not via a law suit. Law suit's are filed for "torts" (civil wrong doings, monetary loss, etc.) For the record, I donít know, nor care who Ronald is. I know the law, and probably understand it better than "Ronald". If Ol Ronnie is such a "legal enigma", I find it strange that he is not around anymore. There is an old saying, "Ignorance is bliss". I just want to know, is it true???
firefighter

London, KY

#8 Dec 18, 2010
Juris Doctorate wrote:
FireFighter, to blunt, you are wrong. Kentucky Law forbids you to use any color other than red. Here is the law: read carefully...
KRS: 189.920, subsection 1 and subsection 7:
BE SURE TO READ SUBSECTION 7
(subsection 1) All fire department, rescue squad, or publicly owned emergency management agency emergency vehicles and all ambulances shall be equipped with one (1) or more flashing, rotating, or oscillating RED lights...
(subsection 7) No emergency vehicle, public safety vehicle, or any other vehicle covered by KRS 189.920 shall use any light of any other color than those specified by this statute...
You see, you are wrong. That is the what the law indicates. ONLY RED.
maybe you should get glasses also you look at a ambulance and you will see clear lights on those also but no one can tell you anything you are a [know it all] so i will not give you the pleasure of my company any longer so good bye
firefighter

London, KY

#9 Dec 18, 2010
no the law wrote:
<quoted text>
I tole you that if ronald was chief you would know the law. You kneed to call him and beg him to come bac even pay him a little. it will be cheeper than a lawsuite. Do you call everbody a prick that is smarter than you? Must be a lot of pricks in the world.
you are not too smart or you could spell [told] not [tole] but you are a know it all too so i guess i willl let you go be smarter than everybody like your buddy there
Juris Doctorate

London, KY

#10 Dec 21, 2010
Firefighter, your company was less than pleasurable. No one needs glasses to see that Ambulances operate with clear lights, but that does not make it legal. That is kinda like saying it is OK to smoke marijuana because some one else smokes it. I am glad to know that we have uneducated people in our community that are here to protect us. You can argue your point all you want, but nothing can change the simple fact that you are wrong. I have shown you what the letter of the law states, and it is clear. On another note, I am preparing to write a letter to our state senators, requesting they introduce legislation making it mandatory for all "public safety members" to be randomly screened for drug use. Volunteer or not, illegal drugs have no place when it comes to the safety of the community.

**Anti-necio**
firefighter

Bolivar, MO

#11 Dec 23, 2010
Juris Doctorate wrote:
Firefighter, your company was less than pleasurable. No one needs glasses to see that Ambulances operate with clear lights, but that does not make it legal. That is kinda like saying it is OK to smoke marijuana because some one else smokes it. I am glad to know that we have uneducated people in our community that are here to protect us. You can argue your point all you want, but nothing can change the simple fact that you are wrong. I have shown you what the letter of the law states, and it is clear. On another note, I am preparing to write a letter to our state senators, requesting they introduce legislation making it mandatory for all "public safety members" to be randomly screened for drug use. Volunteer or not, illegal drugs have no place when it comes to the safety of the community.
**Anti-necio**
i be glad to take all the drug test you or anyone wants to give me i dont care and ill let you know that i have got a education but you think you got one because you went on the internet and found crap like this but it does not matter to me you are nothing just another son of bitch who thinks he knows it all but you dont so shut up and go to whoever you want to i dont care i am not going to lose sleep over a dummazz like you
no the law

London, KY

#12 Dec 25, 2010
that juris doctorate is one smart man, do you reckun he mite be ronald fooling you mr. firefighter. like i said beefour you all are goin ta get sueed if you dont get ronald back to advice you on the law. i bet if you axed him he would bring one of them big tv he has for sale to the stashun for you to watch. you shore don't need to be on the rode cause you dont no the law.
Juris Doctorate

Somerset, KY

#13 Jan 2, 2011
firefighter wrote:
<quoted text>i be glad to take all the drug test you or anyone wants to give me i dont care and ill let you know that i have got a education but you think you got one because you went on the internet and found crap like this but it does not matter to me you are nothing just another son of bitch who thinks he knows it all but you dont so shut up and go to whoever you want to i dont care i am not going to lose sleep over a dummazz like you
Well I am so glad that you obtained an education. It obviously shows by the way you use clever insults such as "son of bitch" and "dummazz". You really pulled out the big guns, amature. For the record, your aggression is duly noted. However, it is irrelevant how or where I found this law. The fact of the matter is that this is the law. I do however take offense that a firefighter serving our community with our tax dollars, would refer to the state penal code as "crap". That is more or less a reflection of yourself, and the type of mentality you possess.

ANTI-NECIO-
volunteer

East Bernstadt, KY

#14 Jan 13, 2011
join the fire department if you want to improve it and your community.
chevy

Manchester, KY

#15 Jan 14, 2011
onedia fire dept not worth shit,my dad and about everybody else who talk about onedia fire dept says their not worth shit
no the law

Mount Vernon, KY

#16 Jan 14, 2011
chevy wrote:
onedia fire dept not worth shit,my dad and about everybody else who talk about onedia fire dept says their not worth shit
they aunt that bad they just dont no the law.
puffercorn

Corbin, KY

#17 Jan 22, 2011
White (clear) lights aren't defined in KRS because they're acceptable on ALL emergency vehicles. Clear lights are more visible in all conditions. That is why it's acceptable to have Hide-a-way strobes in clear marker lights, clear LEDs, strobes, halogens, whatever in your dash, deck, or on the roof. Red/Blue/Amber are used to define what kind of vehicle the lights are on. Obviously you know the difference, so I won't point them out.

Furthermore, if you really want to wax about the law, the law states you must have written permission from the department administration or department chief.

Random drug testing? Already mandatory. Any volunteer from any department that receives state aid from Kentucky (read: pretty much every department in the state) must subject themselves within 24 hours of notice to a random drug screening. Paid for by the state of course.

Basically, what I'm saying is: Get off your high horse,'no the law'. You don't know as much as you think you know.
puffercorn

Corbin, KY

#18 Jan 22, 2011
Just so we're clear, Juris Doctorate knows even less.
well

London, KY

#19 Jan 23, 2011
chevy wrote:
onedia fire dept not worth shit,my dad and about everybody else who talk about onedia fire dept says their not worth shit
that just show what kind of people you and your dad is worthless if you all think you can do better then bring your wrothless rumps down and join but that is not going to happen because that means you have to do something which you wont becausen you are so lazy a fly wont blow you dead rumps you and your father are worthless
Juris Doctorate

Oneida, KY

#20 Jan 26, 2011
It is kinda funny that you would make a comment directed at me, but if mental function is something you want to bring up, fine. Once again below is two sections from the KRS. Subsection 1 is in regards to Fire Departments etc. The only color of light included in this statute is red.

"(subsection 1) All fire department, rescue squad, or publicly owned emergency management agency emergency vehicles and all ambulances shall be equipped with one (1) or more flashing, rotating, or oscillating RED lights..."
----------
Below is subsection 7 of the same KRS, and its words are plain as day. You can only use the color specified in the statute. You can argue with me all you want, but maybe you should look to another resource such as LRC, or the AG's opinion index.

(subsection 7) No emergency vehicle, public safety vehicle, or any other vehicle covered by KRS 189.920 shall use any light of any other color than those specified by this statute...
__________

All in all, for Mr. Puffer to indicate that "I know even less", essentially highlights his lack of education. In this case it is not a matter of knowing anything, because these are state laws, copied straight from the Kentucky Legislative Research Center. The law is plain, and you have it before your eyes word for word. There are no exceptions and you have not provided any evidence to support your claim.
Just for the record, you say white/clear lights are acceptable because they are not defined? When something in statute is unclear, The courts interpret the law, and issue a ruling, which in turn becomes case law. There is none regarding your claim.

Anti-Necio
Juris Doctorate

Oneida, KY

#21 Jan 26, 2011
But hey, I didn't know that Fire Departments who receive state funding can screen it's members for drug use. That is a good tool all FD's should use. Good bit of information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min usa 165,611
Anyone need any plumbing done 38 min Keith 1
Is Bert Combs lake still closed? 1 hr Drought 9
Beverly Sizemore 3 hr Jason smith 27
Does anyone else despise Vernon Swaffard at the... 4 hr Jason smith 3
Maria Medrano 4 hr QDD 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 18 hr Republican 787

Oneida Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oneida Mortgages