Illegal to unlock your cell phone as of today!

Posted in the Oneida Forum

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 28, 2013
It's like the tag on a mattress! Duh! Lol

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3 Jan 28, 2013
Of all things that could pop in ur head relating......eh figures.

Location hidden

#4 Jan 28, 2013
Oh I'm sorry didn't mean to interrupt ur serious discussion with no one! Smh

“NSA”

Location hidden

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Not a discussion, but a vent.
STIMPY

Greenville, MS

#6 Jan 29, 2013
Can be beat in court. Regardless if you unlock the phone you are still contractually obligated to pay the monthly bill to the carrier under which you purchase the phone.

“NSA”

Location hidden

#8 Jan 29, 2013
STIMPY wrote:
Can be beat in court. Regardless if you unlock the phone you are still contractually obligated to pay the monthly bill to the carrier under which you purchase the phone.
I'm not sure I understand you fully. Beat it how?

I know you still have to pay the monthly charges. Unless you pay the cancelation fee. What I'm talking about, it is against the law now, not just frowned on by the carrier. Meaning you still have those same obligation with the carrier, but now you also have to go before a judge and get punished by the law for unlocking it.
STIMPY

Grenada, MS

#9 Jan 29, 2013
It can be beat because it is your property to do with as you please. If you want a phone with a broke screen then you have the option to break the screen. I know it would take a lil money to fight it, but it can be beat. I also know that just like the Napster law, they are going to go after a 19, 20 yearcollege kid who can't afford to fight them and throw the book at'em.

“NSA”

Location hidden

#10 Jan 29, 2013
STIMPY wrote:
It can be beat because it is your property to do with as you please. If you want a phone with a broke screen then you have the option to break the screen. I know it would take a lil money to fight it, but it can be beat. I also know that just like the Napster law, they are going to go after a 19, 20 yearcollege kid who can't afford to fight them and throw the book at'em.
Yea, that was my reasoning behind it. But they have considered that and still deem it illegal. Which is just crazy to me! The manufacturer makes this item with the ability to be able to be unlocked. So it would seem the problem would fall on them, if anyone. To be suggested to make the product so it can't be done. But not the person that's able to use the product fully as it was made to do. I think of it kinda like a video game with cheat codes. You bought the game, it's made to be cheated, just have to figure out the cheat code to cheat it.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#11 Jan 29, 2013
gotta_in it wrote:
It's like the tag on a mattress! Duh! Lol
Remember in the movie, "Pee Wee's Big Adventure", he picked up a hitch hiker who had been to prison for ripping the tag off a mattress?

“NSA”

Location hidden

#12 Jan 29, 2013
O.o

Location hidden

#13 Jan 29, 2013
BadLarry wrote:
<quoted text>Remember in the movie, "Pee Wee's Big Adventure", he picked up a hitch hiker who had been to prison for ripping the tag off a mattress?
Yeah I actually remember that one lol
hoh

United States

#15 Jan 29, 2013
please tell me what that means

"unlock your cell phone"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oneida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
b rad is joey mullins (Apr '11) 10 hr silvercrow 23
Troy Seatont Dec 22 STIMPY 2
pastor S Cannnon??? Dec 21 pops 1
Ginny Turner Dec 20 mary ann 4
They want ME! Dec 20 Kelly 6
Hunter in trouble Dec 19 Lawman 14
teachers Dec 18 guest 4
Oneida Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web