Gun rights advocate hosts open carry ...

Gun rights advocate hosts open carry firearms picnic at park in...

There are 315 comments on the CLTV - Chicago Land's TV story from May 13, 2009, titled Gun rights advocate hosts open carry firearms picnic at park in.... In it, CLTV - Chicago Land's TV reports that:

A picnic open to the public at a park in La Crosse County will offer free brats and hamburgers and an invitation to bring your gun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CLTV - Chicago Land's TV.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Bill Smith

Charleston, SC

#322 May 22, 2009
Jimmy Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
You only have the Rights you are willing to fight for. Only a government that's afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
And they are doing a damn good job at controling us. Hell, you can't even own property in a America anymore.
AlkaTaz

Canadensis, PA

#323 May 22, 2009
"We the People of the United States" with the emphasis on PEOPLE .. free people... to exercise their God given rights .Have we gotten to the point where everything we do , depends on the consent of the misguided "ruling class"?
Relax guys

Bethlehem, PA

#324 May 22, 2009
The sky really isn't falling!
American Soldier

Miami, FL

#327 May 22, 2009
Jimmy Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill of Rights. Void where prohibited by law.
More like void where prohibited by Liberals and Obama!
shaut up

United States

#328 May 22, 2009
Every one of these redneck freaks married their sister.
Bill Smith

United States

#329 May 22, 2009
shaut up wrote:
You married your sister?
American Soldier

Miami, FL

#330 May 22, 2009
shaut up wrote:
Now this is an intelligent liberal post. This is what they result to when they cannot argue the facts. They have to result to immature unintelligent ingnorant posts like this, and they say that we are hateful people and racist!
Come on buddy, you got to do better than that! You can't even come up with a decent put down!

Since: Sep 08

Joliet, Illinois

#331 May 22, 2009
Southern Rube wrote:
<quoted text>
If 60% voted against the legislation, that leaves 40% who voted in favor of it, unless, of course, in California, they have an option to vote,"Present."
60 percent voting against it means it isn't going to happen. It means the electorate in cali said no to more taxes.

Joliet, Illinois

#332 May 22, 2009
John wrote:
<quoted text>What's the point of hunting if not to get the trophy and the meat? Only less your into wondering around the wilderness in grizzly county. To each their own.
The best trophy to have after having had a Bear encounter is to continue living.

Joliet, Illinois

#333 May 22, 2009
Jimmy Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill of Rights. Void where prohibited by law.
or where democrats rule.....
Bill Smith

United States

#334 May 22, 2009
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
or where democrats rule.....
Oh please. The repuglicrates hate freedom just as much as the dumbopuglicans. They are two sides of the same coin and care nothing for human rights.
John

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#335 May 26, 2009
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
The best trophy to have after having had a Bear encounter is to continue living.
The purpose of hunting for bear is to encounter one and to take with the least amount of damage. Any other encounter that ticks off a bear enough to for them to come after you is your own fault and you kind of derve to be smack around.

Joliet, Illinois

#336 May 26, 2009
John wrote:
<quoted text>The purpose of hunting for bear is to encounter one and to take with the least amount of damage. Any other encounter that ticks off a bear enough to for them to come after you is your own fault and you kind of derve to be smack around.
I would just like to point out that most certainly not all bear encounters occur because people are hunting them.

If you are hunting them you would be remiss not to be loaded for bear.
John

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#338 May 28, 2009
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would just like to point out that most certainly not all bear encounters occur because people are hunting them.
If you are hunting them you would be remiss not to be loaded for bear.
No one said all bear encounters where caused by hunting.
Only person on the site having issues happens to be you. I hunt safely with the right equipment and have had no problems.

Joliet, Illinois

#339 May 29, 2009
John wrote:
<quoted text>No one said all bear encounters where caused by hunting.
Only person on the site having issues happens to be you. I hunt safely with the right equipment and have had no problems.
Pardon me? What issues do you perceive me to be having?

I would hope everyone who goes hunting is properly prepared and uses the right equipment and has no problems.

The point I was making is that day hikers can also run into bears, and may not be prepared for the event. I am quite sure a day hiker who encounters a bear in the wild is not really interested in a bear trophy, but I would be willing that they are interested in remaining alive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Onalaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rep. Ron Kind says Comey firing "an outrageous ... Tue okimar 2
need help finding a baber§ Jan '17 Charles 1
News Election Integrity Teams to watch over polling ... (Nov '16) Nov '16 ConcernedVoter 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Man accused of trying to meet underage girl for... (Nov '11) Nov '15 Ruppert 3
Debate: Marijuana - Onalaska, WI (Aug '10) Nov '14 davejar 12
Walker or Burke- Who has more in common with th... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Keith Best 1

Onalaska Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Onalaska Mortgages