Gun rights advocate hosts open carry firearms picnic at park in...

Full story: CLTV - Chicago Land's TV

A picnic open to the public at a park in La Crosse County will offer free brats and hamburgers and an invitation to bring your gun.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of315
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OK now

Dixon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

...and your point being???

I bet the food was good; folks in Wisconsin like to eat and that always shows. I bet the beer was cold, too.

You're from a state where a social item of 'jewelry' can be a 'BBQ Gun'; a fancy sidearm worn for social occasions. So, again,

--your point sir?

“Out in the West Texas”

Since: Mar 08

town of El Paso

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

OK now wrote:
...and your point being???
I bet the food was good; folks in Wisconsin like to eat and that always shows. I bet the beer was cold, too.
You're from a state where a social item of 'jewelry' can be a 'BBQ Gun'; a fancy sidearm worn for social occasions. So, again,
--your point sir?
Yeah, a BBQ, beer, kids, and yahoos carrying firearms! While I think it's kinda purty, I wouldn't exactly call my Glock .40 cal. semi-auto with high-cap mags a social item of jewelry. Now, it does compliment my M4 tactical carbine, so in a sense I'm dressed to kill. I carry firearms practically every day for my job, so it's not just for social occassions.
Barry

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Wisconsin permits open carry of handguns???????

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

I am not sure I would want to be around when they run out of meat. Could end up with fresh game or a body of one of the guests who got out of line.
ricbee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Barry wrote:
Wisconsin permits open carry of handguns???????
Hmm.last I heard WI citizens couldn't get any kind of carry permit. I'm so glad they changed.

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

Free people exercising their God-given RIGHT to self defense. So what's wrong with this picture?

For those who disagree, WTF are YOU going to do when some mut accosts you when you are waddling outa WallyWorld some night?
Having the tools to protect yourself makes a HUGE difference.

And after-all, a firearm is an inanimate object no different the a brick or a rock. It is deliberation, intention, and action that makes it a deadly weapon. Strapped to your side it doesn't do anything without you doing something first.

As-to intention, a firearm in the hands of a criminal IS a dangerous weapon. It's the tool of his twisted thinking/logic.

Carrying a firearm does not change me any more than me owning a screwdriver. They are merely tools. It's HOW the tool is used, THAT is the difference.

There are myriad laws in-force to keep firearms from criminals. Criminals break laws, citizens honor laws. This is why new laws are never effective at thwarting firearm crimes. We need to adequately punish criminals and incarcerate them. Giving them a slap on the wrist does nothing to educate them, or change their ways.

The pendulum of freedom is at long-last swinging in the right direction.

Comatose

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

William Pena wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, a BBQ, beer, kids, and yahoos carrying firearms! While I think it's kinda purty, I wouldn't exactly call my Glock .40 cal. semi-auto with high-cap mags a social item of jewelry. Now, it does compliment my M4 tactical carbine, so in a sense I'm dressed to kill. I carry firearms practically every day for my job, so it's not just for social occassions.
Wow, you make a lot of sense. Its ok for you to carry on a daily basis but not others? The 2nd Amendment is a God given right, not a goverment given right. I too carry every day and I would like to see others supporting their right to defend themselves since it is not the job of the police.

“Out in the West Texas”

town of El Paso

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

Comatose wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you make a lot of sense. Its ok for you to carry on a daily basis but not others? The 2nd Amendment is a God given right, not a goverment given right. I too carry every day and I would like to see others supporting their right to defend themselves since it is not the job of the police.
Well, let's see. I have completed a law enforcement academy along with a bazillion hours of required and optional academy training, SWAT training, countless hours on the range, and years of real world law enforcement experience on the street. If anyone comes remotely close to that, then they certainly have earned the right to carry.
fenster

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

Bubbletoes wrote:
Free people exercising their God-given RIGHT to self defense. So what's wrong with this picture?
For those who disagree, WTF are YOU going to do when some mut accosts you when you are waddling outa WallyWorld some night?
Having the tools to protect yourself makes a HUGE difference.
And after-all, a firearm is an inanimate object no different the a brick or a rock. It is deliberation, intention, and action that makes it a deadly weapon. Strapped to your side it doesn't do anything without you doing something first.
As-to intention, a firearm in the hands of a criminal IS a dangerous weapon. It's the tool of his twisted thinking/logic.
Carrying a firearm does not change me any more than me owning a screwdriver. They are merely tools. It's HOW the tool is used, THAT is the difference.
There are myriad laws in-force to keep firearms from criminals. Criminals break laws, citizens honor laws. This is why new laws are never effective at thwarting firearm crimes. We need to adequately punish criminals and incarcerate them. Giving them a slap on the wrist does nothing to educate them, or change their ways.
The pendulum of freedom is at long-last swinging in the right direction.
you are correct

“... i'm not waitin anymore ...”

Since: Aug 08

... i'm gonna find SUMMER ...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

I have hade a conceled permit with NY State for some 42 years.Pulled it once to stop a cop from getting his arse kicked by three guys.He thinks I should carry....

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

William Pena wrote:
Sure signs of the coming of summer...
- flowers blooming,
- birds singing, and
- gun nuts brandishing firearms
Thanks for your informative posts. Now we know everything we need to know about you.
OK now

Dixon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

William Pena wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, lighten up man. Wis and IL are the LAST TWO states that have NO CCW permit issue AT ALL. The whole point, to my mind, is to force that hand in Wisconsin.

Being one of the special ones, I have LEOSA to cover me--but little good that does for my wife, etc.

No offense intended and I think Glocks and M-4's are swell until you get in a firefight at an acetone factory.
ricbee

Wallingford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

William Pena wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see. I have completed a law enforcement academy along with a bazillion hours of required and optional academy training, SWAT training, countless hours on the range, and years of real world law enforcement experience on the street. If anyone comes remotely close to that, then they certainly have earned the right to carry.
I'm a Vietnam veteran,close enough for you kid?
OK now

Dixon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

ricbee wrote:
<quoted text> Hmm.last I heard WI citizens couldn't get any kind of carry permit. I'm so glad they changed.
They DID NOT change. No permit needed---open carry has ALWAYS been a RIGHT in that state---this was just a reaction to the AG making a public statement and the CLEO of a large city making a rather terse statemenet on the matter that ruffled feathers and, quite frankly,'dared' nice citizens to exercise rights they ALWAYS had under the Constitution of the State of Wisconsin.

No big deal---but a prelude to CCW legislation I hope.
OK now

Dixon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

William Pena wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sorry--didn't see THIS post before.

So in your book one must be 'annointed' before exercising their G-d given rights feebly ennumerated by Man in the Constitution? You DID swear an oath to uphold that document, right pal?

Are you the (chortle!) only one professional enough in here to (snort!) handle a Glock .40?

Bwah Bwah Bwah, etc!!!

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

ricbee wrote:
<quoted text> Hmm.last I heard WI citizens couldn't get any kind of carry permit. I'm so glad they changed.
'

If that's true, all I can say to Wisconsin is.... "Welcome back to America!!!!" Enjoy your 2nd Amendment rights and always fight to keep them.

“... i'm not waitin anymore ...”

Since: Aug 08

... i'm gonna find SUMMER ...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

This agrument causes as much trouble as religion and politics.

The people who obtain a permit to carry a firearm was given to him as the hardest to get permit you need for anything.

Thoses who protest that fact good for you.I don't think you would be the type of person I want deciding whether some maniac is going to pull that trigger again.I don't beleive in shooting to wound if that situation is serious enough to draw my weapon shoot to kill.Let you decide he is not going to squeeze out a few more rounds.No thanks.

Now I know there are many who disagree that is your right this is mine...
Obama 09

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2009

Judged:

Anybody who attends this event should be arrested and there firearms should be confinscated.
Bill Smith

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2009

Judged:

William Pena wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, jack booted thugs think they are the only ones allowed to defend themselves. I have run into your types many times at various gun ranges and pistol courses all around this country. I have witnessed basic law enforcement techniques and they are appalling. So how many kittens have you stomped to death on one of your 4am “no-knock” SWAT raids?
Bill Smith

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2009

OK now wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sorry--didn't see THIS post before.
So in your book one must be 'annointed' before exercising their G-d given rights feebly ennumerated by Man in the Constitution? You DID swear an oath to uphold that document, right pal?
Are you the (chortle!) only one professional enough in here to (snort!) handle a Glock .40?
Bwah Bwah Bwah, etc!!!
Like most Americans, they don't even know what the document says.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of315
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Onalaska Discussions

Search the Onalaska Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 1 hr Tealiban faschists 6,902
WI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in W... (Oct '10) Apr 16 Tealiban faschists 45
Koula back In La Crosse County Courtroom Today Apr 14 hami 1
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Mar 27 MERCER SCHOOL FACTS 87
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Mar 27 MERCER SCHOOL FACTS 450
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Mar 27 MERCER SCHOOL FACTS 2,233
WI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Wi... (Oct '10) Mar 27 MERCER SCHOOL FACTS 20
•••

Flood Warning for La Crosse County was issued at April 24 at 3:05PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Onalaska Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Onalaska People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE