DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#1 Jun 3, 2011
)_(+

Regarding world events today, most Americans - especially the American press - say that they are absolutely terriable, and a nuclear war might erupt at any moment.

Evidently these people have forgotten our "Cold War" with the then Soviet Union!

I remember practicing "ducking under my desk" in 10th grade, when in 1961 the Soviets were sending missles to Cuba by ship, and then President Kennedy said that if they wanted a nuclear war, they would just have to break the American blockaid of Cuba!

I have become a bit depressed at the level of American concern for what is going on in the Arab world today, and I firmly believe that it is time we came home - and dealt with our own problems, which are many!

Dr. James E. Dunn

Since: Apr 07

Bellevue, WA

#2 Jun 3, 2011
So we should pull out of Iraq and the illegal Obama war in Libya? The troops in Afghanistan can stay since they are not part of the Arab world?

American citizens have a reason to be concerned. The 911 terrorists came from Saudi Arabia and Iran has close ties to terrorists. Pakistan, who has nuclear weapons, is one strong demonstration away from giving control of their government to radicals. If Pakistan retains control their intelligence wing supports the Taliban and possibly Al Qaida. Do you actually believe those that believe in terrorism and suicide bombers would care if a nuclear weapon went off?
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#3 Jun 4, 2011
If they did get a nuclear bomb, the only way that they might deliver it is by truck!!!

Think George, THINK!

DrJEDunn
George the Great

Bellevue, WA

#4 Jun 4, 2011
Iran is developing longer range missiles. It won't take much time before they will be able to hit Europe. Add to the fact that it is easy to smuggle items into this country and that it won't take a truck size nuclear bomb to do damage. A smaller bomb will instill fear as much as a larger one.
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#5 Jun 4, 2011
George:

The time it will take for these terrorists to not only develope these bombs, but a way of delivering them is, to say the least, a VERY long time.

Now, if they truely developed a bomb, we may simply tell them that if that bomb is launched, or exploded, that their country - or countries - will simply disappear from the face of the earth!

Moreover, the terrorist are currently losing badly all over the Arab world, and they aren't gaining power in any country.

You are concerned about nothing George!

DrJEDunn
George the Great

Bellevue, WA

#6 Jun 4, 2011
Doc, wake up. They can be given the bombs by any terrorist supporting country. One reason why people dont want to see Iran have the bomb.
George the Great

Bellevue, WA

#7 Jun 5, 2011
AQ Khan, father of Pakistan's Nuclear weapon program who shared their secrets with other nations trying to obtain nuclear weapons, "These weapons are lying in tunnels and safe houses where no one can access them, except very few relevant people," he was quoted as saying."

Tunnels and safe houses, doc, are you not concerned?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Penis Enlargement Bible - Is it a Scam? (Sep '13) Sep 16 Hashmi Dawakhana 11
Review: Lohmann's Auto Repair Sep 15 riceeater 1
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Sep 14 anti obama 2 717
Ladies... Is your hair falling out @ an alarmin... Sep 11 suzee808 2
Otis/Brian Wedgeworth- Just Some More Research (Mar '12) Sep 3 TheRealJW 66
She told me to...get out! Sep 3 suckathon dickng 3
Three young children under seven years old caug... Aug '14 Faith 4
•••

Olympia News Video

•••
•••

Olympia Jobs

•••
•••
•••