Chehalis, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

Judged:

This hospital is the worst and shittiest hospital I have ever walked into. The emergency room is the slowest and worst run anywhere in Washington State. The floors are dirty, flies are everywhere and the idiot staff has NO CLUE how to do anything in a prompt manner. This hospital does not even compare to Providence Saint Peters. I just wish this hospital would just close down and do everyone a favor. It's obvious that you don't need much training to work at this place as the staff are completely inept at what they do. This hospital is for reject doctors because REAL doctors would work in a better hospital. If I was ever shot or stabbed I would rather drive 30 miles somewhere else for help rather than go to Capitol Medical Center because they would probably make you wait 2 hours in the waiting room before even seeing a fucking dumbass nurse. By that time you'd be dead. They treat you like shit there and goof around, walk around, talk and drink fucking coffee rather than getting patients in and out. This hospital is a disgrace to health care and I can only hope that those shitty doctors and staff have a problem one day and end up having to wait 2 fucking hours for help and treated like they are less than human. What a sore spot in Olympia this place has turned out to be. They SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!
izeekiel

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

Westside Sucks wrote:
This hospital is the worst and shittiest hospital I have ever walked into. The emergency room is the slowest and worst run anywhere in Washington State. The floors are dirty, flies are everywhere and the idiot staff has NO CLUE how to do anything in a prompt manner. This hospital does not even compare to Providence Saint Peters. I just wish this hospital would just close down and do everyone a favor. It's obvious that you don't need much training to work at this place as the staff are completely inept at what they do. This hospital is for reject doctors because REAL doctors would work in a better hospital. If I was ever shot or stabbed I would rather drive 30 miles somewhere else for help rather than go to Capitol Medical Center because they would probably make you wait 2 hours in the waiting room before even seeing a fucking dumbass nurse. By that time you'd be dead. They treat you like shit there and goof around, walk around, talk and drink fucking coffee rather than getting patients in and out. This hospital is a disgrace to health care and I can only hope that those shitty doctors and staff have a problem one day and end up having to wait 2 fucking hours for help and treated like they are less than human. What a sore spot in Olympia this place has turned out to be. They SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!
i totally agree. the floor in the ER room was filthy and crusted with dirt. my husband was writhing in pain in the waiting room and was made to stand up and move while they mopped the floor, but put him in a room with a filthy floor. when i had to go to the ER with a migraine which was sp painful i was crying. the Doctor took me to task for crying so i sucked it up. later my husband overheard her refferring to me as psychotic because i stopped crying when she was yelling at me. they took hours to treat me which was wrong because previous experience at another local ER showe me i could be treated quickly. the ER was not crowded, but both times we went there it took many hours. also the staff was very unproffessional, and the doctors were brutal and dangerously inept.
55att

Saint Paul, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

Judged:

As a former employee I agree. Short staffed and terrible administration. I would not take my dog to Crapital med ctr
OlympiaCitizen

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

Rude people are rarely ever happy with how they are treated. I have been to Capital Medical Center, it wasn't dirty. As for the former employee who commented- I am sure you were let go for good reason and then choose to dig up a very old post to comment on, to get back at them, what ever helps you sleep at night -right.

Capital Medical Center just won an award http://www.businessexaminer.com/blog/capital-...

Good luck with your bitter outlooks on life.
55att

Saint Paul, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

No actually I quit because Capella corporation who owns the hospital cut employee hours to save money. It jeapordized patient care. We were told by HR to do more with less. Outpatient care was delayed.Many times my co-worker had to punch out during critical testing due to fear of getting disciplined for overtime. Pressure was put on employees to work faster which led to mistakes. Visit Capital Medical center and discover how many nurses are assigned to each patient. I witnessed one nurse for 9 patients. Many times the garbage cans were overflowing. Go take a look at some of the out dated equipment because Capella corporation is too cheap to update. Ask the OB patient who got up and changed her own bloody sheets because of short staffing. No I left because I couls not provide the patients with the best care possible. Now I sleep well at night. Oh by the way guess who made record profits last year? Capella Corporation located in Tennesse.
OlympiaCitizen

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Starting to wonder if you share the same name with the tiger who thinks frosted flakes are ggggrreeaatttt...
Shane G

Lacey, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

55att wrote:
As a former employee I agree. Short staffed and terrible administration. I would not take my dog to Crapital med ctr
I went there with stomack pain and 8 hrs later after giving me an EKG, Chest X-ray, and IV, they said they didn't know what was wrong with me!!! They said they were going to prep for a spinal tap!! I told the Nurse I wanted to leave, and they said ok but it was against what they thought. After letting me go, I went to St.Peters ER and I was there for approx hour but the nurse said: quote: does it hurt here? I said Ouch! Yes! The doctor came in right away and gave me am altrasound and said I needed my Gallbladder out right away!! The nurse said she heard bad things about Capital Medical... I'm living proof!!
couple weeks later I got a bill for $6,000.00 from there... I tried to fight it, but they wouldn't budge... They are scammers! and frauds! I hope I never get into an accident and have to go there... I don't think I would live!!! They probably sell human body parts there...
American

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

Judged:

The American Medical Establishment is the third leading CAUSE of death in the United States, right behind Cancer and Heart Disease. You can get better care by treating yourself. The idea that we NEED a universal health care system is foisted upon us by the corrupt pharmaceutical companies by bribes to the FDA and corrupt politicians. A Universal Health Care system would be comparable to Nazi Death Camps... and we would all be paying for it too.
antigoonis

Cresco, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

I think OlympiaCitizen was treated so well, because he has health insurance. If you can't afford health insurance, doctors don't even want to know your name. For the record that hospital does indeed suck eggs. My father was there a while back and was on drugs that were very strong and could make a person delusional. When I called the hospital and asked to speak to him, they told me he was discharged. When I tried to tell them they were mistaken, I was hung up on. As for Nazi death camps, the Jews were probably treated better than patients today. The Nazis were at least nice enough to overlook health insurance.
I worked there

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

I worked at capital Med as a housekeeper and was blown away by how nasty everything was. I remember one night i went to check on a room that was not used often and there was dryed up vomit on the wall that clearly was there for a long time. and my co workers where so shitty. every hour they would be on a smoke break No wonder they dont get shit done! and the night i was trained to work in the ER the guy trainging me was sleeping in the out-patient area on a couch when i worked there i did my best to clean everything and i know i did much more then he did it;s hard not to when you dont sleep on the job. And well working in the ER i have soon people treated poorly i watched a man bleedding from his leg sit there for hours i had to clean up blood often well he was there. Capital Medical is horrid and if any of you saw what i saw u would belive everything said.How rooms are cleaned and how meny rules are not followed when cleaning. Mostly in the OB area... keep that in mind when u want to have anuther child. think about the tray u eat from and the cribe your baby is in.
OlyO

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

Congrats on finishing the third grade, maybe now you can make it through the rest of school. Your spelling and grammar are horrid if anything is. I was a patient at Capital Medical and I was treated great, I stayed in the OB area and it was very nice. To me you sound like another person who got fired and are trying to get back at them. Some people have no class and will stop at nothing when they have nothing to lose, I take it your gain is "getting one over on the man". Let me stand and clap for you.
antigoonis

Cresco, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

Health insurance = money talks. Soon everyone will have it whether they can afford it or not.
Dino

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Everyone needs it. Unfortunately, we all have to pay for it regardless. I worked my ass off to get my care...
ololo

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Judged:

They don't have to treat you unless you have money. Why you went there instead of a clinic or st.peters tells me you are not telling us what they real issue is. If they fired you then go get another bed pan cleaning job elsewhere.
Justincase

Saint Paul, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2010

Judged:

OlyO wrote:
Congrats on finishing the third grade, maybe now you can make it through the rest of school. Your spelling and grammar are horrid if anything is. I was a patient at Capital Medical and I was treated great, I stayed in the OB area and it was very nice. To me you sound like another person who got fired and are trying to get back at them. Some people have no class and will stop at nothing when they have nothing to lose, I take it your gain is "getting one over on the man". Let me stand and clap for you.
I think your narrow minded. The people who worked there have no reason to lie. Your insults are a rflection of your rotten personality and internal hate.
Izeekiel

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Judged:

Funny how Rabid people are who had a good experience at this Hospital and expect that because they had a good time, we all must be bitter liars.

no, i am not bitter, i am afraid, appalled, and disgusted with the care my husband and i experienced on two seperate occaisions. both were unnacceptable. let me add a few more details.

at my husbands visit the filth i described on the floor of his ER room was actually crusted. there were streaks of caked up filth about 1/4 or more thick. he was suffering from emergency gall bladder issues. it took hours for them to get to him and he immediately had to be put on a morphine drip and rushed to surgery. the er was empty, but my husband had to wait hours, writhing and sweating and gasping in extreme morphine-dripworthy pain and the cleaning lady made him get up and move to mop the waiting area. ironic, and dangerous. if his gall bladder had ruptured as he waited....

as he was in surgery, i was told to wait in the surgery family waiting area. i went back and forth, up the elevator and down, and asked numerous people all who insisted i should be there at the waiting room. only it was locked. NO ONE bothered to go and see that it was locked, just spoke to someone on the phone and said, ok you can get in now. i never was able to get in. afterwords, they apoligised because the door was locked. i walked around (with an extremely painful degenerated disc issue) for two hours trying to beg someone/anyone to let me in there.

they put staples in his belly, when there are lots of other ways to seal someone up. we had to pay for another visit to remove them. i asked why staples were used which required another visit. the doctor said: all the methods are the same. when i pointed out that stuff like surgical glue and stitches usually don't require another office visit, he changed the subject.

i have severe migraine. i am extremely sensitive to fragrances and chemicals. when i had to go to the ER, folks at check-in were so heavily perfumed we could smell it as we entered the area. i had to stand across the room shouting info. healthcare proffessionals should Never wear fragrances. how totally unproffessional.

we went to capital because st. peters was charging around $100 more for ER visits and before i got my Migraines controlled i was in the ER alot. St. peters got me in, handled my vomiting and pain immediately, and got me out and home. i spent HOURS in excruciating pain at Capital, and i defy anyone to handle that without a few tears, i was vomiting uncontrollably, dehydrateded, and in level 10 pain and getting no help. the doctor was just mean, yelling at me for crying. my husband had to demand i get an IV to hydrate me. we knew what was proper, because i had been to St. Peters dozens of times.

I regret trying to save a hundred dollars during that time. we saved a total of $200 dollars only to both be in fear of ever going capitol medical for anything.

oh, and don't get me started on their seperate billing departments that billed us correctly in each department but one, and that one only put half of our billing adress, and then sent us into collections when they could have cross-referenced when the bills came back undeliverable. we pay all our bills and they even made it extremely difficult to pay the one they messed up, it took hours of being on hold, leaving messages, and finally calling the chief of staff to simply pay the stupid bill they had incorrectly mailed out.

To the grammer police: i save proper grammer for papers i am writing for my degree. i see no need to waste the effort on anyone else most especially a crappy medical center. get a life, or a grammer teaching job. if my speling suks its cuz 'huked on fonex werkd fer me'.
Roger Gamble

Gig Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Judged:

Olympia Citizen, while your grammar and spelling are adequate, you seem to lack what so many self important, educated people do, and that is common sense. I figure you must work at the hospital, or have some other bias, because no one who has been there for anything could say much nice about that hospital. Therefore your opinion is irrelevant. I won't waste time with my own personal story of their ineptitude, there are plenty of examples already. What I am asking, is what everyone is already thinking; Shut the fuck up, no one wants to hear your lies. Oh, and what's with the DMV setup for registration?! You have to show up an hour early just to check in for a simple procedure. The place is a shit hole.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Judged:

u , roger ;with attitudes; gamble , u nead laxative , u constipated , an 2 analyzing with spellings words , u think u sum kind of spellings correcter ? shut up an sing 2 dj god , u poop than ,
I care

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Judged:

You guys are full of it ... I work there ... I have for years ... We care. We do the best we can with what we have. We work our asses off to help our patients. So, take your wahbaggin ass elsewhere if you don't like our hospital. We save lives. Maybe someday we'll save yours. -- Dr iCare
Capella does not care

Saint Paul, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Judged:

I care wrote:
You guys are full of it ... I work there ... I have for years ... We care. We do the best we can with what we have. We work our asses off to help our patients. So, take your wahbaggin ass elsewhere if you don't like our hospital. We save lives. Maybe someday we'll save yours.-- Dr iCare
Yeah i worked there too. With half the staff of other hospitals. Capella out of tenessee owns Crapital Med center. I was told to cut hours and left the patients without proper care. Oh by the way Capella reported record profits that year. Get rid of Capella

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Olympia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Mr Blue 714
Three young children under seven years old caug... Aug 7 Faith 4
Ladies... Is your hair falling out @ an alarmin... Aug 5 Losing it in Lacey 1
need information Aug 1 curious 1
curious about deven pedigo Aug 1 interested 1
Community Garage Sale next weekend! Jul '14 Oly Girl 1
Penis Enlargement Bible - Is it a Scam? (Sep '13) Jul '14 gimi 10

Search the Olympia Forum:
•••

Olympia News Video

•••
•••

Olympia Jobs