Congrats Alice Anderson and Sharon Sm...

Congrats Alice Anderson and Sharon Smith on winning school board elections

Posted in the Olympia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
vote them out

Morehead, KY

#1 Nov 6, 2012
Congrats to Alice and Sharon on winning your elections. Finally people that will stand up to Powell. It is great that they are now his boss!

Now, only one person remains on the Board that voted for Powell to be superintendent, Gulley the glutton.

Donna Wilson and Kelly Murphy would be wise to go with their original instincts and not go along with Powell's agenda (they did not vote for him to be superintendent, but have helped him advance his harmful agenda after he was named superintendent). Especially Murphy, who is up for reelection next year.

Powell needs to be demoted ASAP so his harmful agenda can be stopped.
Seriously

Mount Sterling, KY

#2 Nov 6, 2012
That is GREAT NEWS! LOL I bet Powell is sulking now!
Hoping

Iva, SC

#3 Nov 6, 2012
Is this really true?!?!?!
yep

Georgetown, KY

#4 Nov 6, 2012
yep u idiots let money buy your votes. hope they dont let her steal the school blind again. montgomery county the laughing stock of the state with a felon on the board.
marla

Georgetown, KY

#5 Nov 6, 2012
Yep, you are right! Someone is covering for her.
Deal With It

Mount Sterling, KY

#6 Nov 6, 2012
Alice is not a felon. If she were, she would not have been allowed to work in the school system for 20+ years. People are not that gullible. You guys lost, the community is sending a message to the school district. I hope they listen.
Numbers

White Plains, KY

#7 Nov 6, 2012
yep wrote:
yep u idiots let money buy your votes. hope they dont let her steal the school blind again. montgomery county the laughing stock of the state with a felon on the board.
Dummy, can't run for office if your a felon. If you don't like her state why, but don't make something up.
JUST IN

Mount Sterling, KY

#8 Nov 6, 2012
yep wrote:
who has a felon
Good luck students

Georgetown, KY

#9 Nov 6, 2012
You guys are the ones that will get yanked around. Hopefully the rest of the board will keep new members from proceeding with the anti-student pro me agenda.
Move on

Mount Sterling, KY

#10 Nov 6, 2012
What's great is that now there will be someone that will question Powell instead of rubber stamping every single thing he wants to do!
voter

Clay City, KY

#12 Nov 7, 2012
i don't think you are allowed to vote if you are a felon?
Wow

White Plains, KY

#13 Jan 18, 2013
vote them out wrote:
Congrats to Alice and Sharon on winning your elections. Finally people that will stand up to Powell. It is great that they are now his boss!
Now, only one person remains on the Board that voted for Powell to be superintendent, Gulley the glutton.
Donna Wilson and Kelly Murphy would be wise to go with their original instincts and not go along with Powell's agenda (they did not vote for him to be superintendent, but have helped him advance his harmful agenda after he was named superintendent). Especially Murphy, who is up for reelection next year.
Powell needs to be demoted ASAP so his harmful agenda can be stopped.
Interesting how quickly these new board members will be put to the test.
He said it

White Plains, KY

#14 Jan 18, 2013
"I've kind of made my living in cleaning up employee behavior."

-Josh Powell, quote from District Administration, Sept. 2012 issue.
della

Belvidere, IL

#15 Jan 19, 2013
I have alot of respect for Mrs. Anderson. She has a lot of support in this county and if anyone will walk the walk and talk the talk I feel she will always do what she thinks is right. I just hope she gets the snakes out of tbe school system like phil rison and josh powell. Phil kisses joshs ass and then stabbs him in the back every chance he gets. Alice and Sharon make this community happy and get rid of the corruption in the school system. Make josh a consultant and he will be glad to leave here. He has destroyed families and he shouldn't be giving a pass from his affair and domestic violence. He is making MC schools the laughing stock.
Also quoted

United States

#16 Jan 19, 2013
These employees are the lowest paid in school district ($9-10 ) an hour ? What do you expect ?
Then PR /daycare/childcare director ) quoted this also ? She's forgot all about holding that sign on the road . He said it and she said it ? Two of a kind ? They belong together .
Jana Randy

Elkhart, IN

#17 Jan 28, 2013
Was Ms Anderson at the special called board meeting a couple of nights ago? I heard the meeting was about the investigation of some missing money.
Suzy Hayes

United States

#18 Jan 28, 2013
The statement Anna banana made to obtain an EPO, gives a small insight of life with Joshy woshy. What's more horrific the authority he has been given by the school board to wreck havoc on innocent peoples lives. This man who has to be nothing short of a monster to abuse his children's mother in the manner she described, is despicable. One poster was bold enough to say Powell determined which teachers needed psychological help & sent them to a psychiatrist. All of this coming from a narcissis. It would make a fantastic movie. Union County was needing rid of him in order not to honor his contract.The Montgomery County school board & school attorney gave him carte blanche to wreck havoc on whoever whether the person needed to be fired or not. Instead of saving money he has spent nearly a $7,000,000 surplus. I urge everyone to vote the remaining board members out as their terms expires. We got rid of two now we need to get rid of the others!!!
Dr Perry Winkle

United States

#20 Jan 30, 2013
Remember this sad story & look at the comeback. It's proof positive who the citizen's of MOCO are supporting.Isn't karma wondeful? I love how Dr. Joshy's noninvasive answers, but that's nothing new is it?

https://www.google.com/url...
they cant take the truth

United States

#21 Apr 9, 2013
Powell's annual pay raise= pink slips

I found the below statement posted in January on the school website, I found it interesting this was posted after Bruce Walters asked about the $7,000,000 missing surplus money. Notice the wording (SEEK is funds paid twice a year to school districts from the state.)as state taxpayers dollars may not decrease for the school,expenses are increasing at a greater rate than revenue. As a result of the increase in expenses will force funds to be shifted from other sources.
So in other words the school will receive the same state tax dollars, but because Powell's expenses are increasing faster than revenue, it forces "funds" does this mean the $7,000,000 was the other source where it was transferred from?

My opinion in layman's terms this is what the statement means & the purpose for posting it after Walter's ask about the missing surplus money.

"Mr. White further shared that in his audit reports to school boards last year he had predicted that with the current state of the economy, districts were going to have an extremely difficult time maintaining reserves during the 2011-12 school year. He said while SEEK funds may not decrease, an increase in mandates to be paid from those funds forces district to shift money from other sources. Expenses are growing at a greater rate than revenue "

http://auditor.ky.gov/

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/oea/default.htm

Kentucky Professional Standards Board

http://www.kyepsb.net/legal/index.asp

Bruce Walters
http://www.fflregistry.com/details.php...
Mary Lou

Chesapeake, OH

#22 Apr 9, 2013
I think it's great how Alice and Sharon have been voting right with the rest of the board. They have really became team players.
Some nuts wanted them on the board, because they thought they would cause drama, but that's not the case at all. Both have been voting right with our superintendent on everything. I guess they finally wizened up, and realized just how good this new system is!!
Good news for the ones who want to see the students succeed, bad news for the 3 idiots and the other drama queens! Ha haha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daddy needs.... 2 min Daddy 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min usa 149,602
Davena curtis 1 hr Looking 2
You are so cold hearted 1 hr Sarah 20
Black and white female pitbull missing 1 hr Concerned 1
where does Chris pargen live at anyone know? 2 hr The man himself 18
Men at Precision Resource 3 hr wondering 1

Olympia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance